Otolaryngologist (ear, nose, throat)
Video profile

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Aug 12th, 2016

Nurses were great, doctor not so great....

Jan 18th, 2016

great experience/staff is awesome/visit wonderful/really good doctor

by john ward on Aug 30th, 2015

great doctor

by John W. Ward on Jul 15th, 2015

Randy Lazar is one of the best ENT Specialist in the area of Memphis and Dyersburg

review of dr. rande lazar show details review of dr. rande lazar
May 28th, 2015

staff and doctor were the best/their follow-up was superb

Patient show details Patient
by Karen goode on May 25th, 2015

Dr Lazar was very nice an I will go back when need to but I has questions an just could not get any answers to my questions I was just told I was going to be referred to different Dr but was not given Dr name nor was I given an appointment. I would have been totally informed

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your feedback. We are happy that you thought Dr. Lazar was nice and will return for a visit when needed. We do want to answer our patients’ questions, and we invite our patients to ask questions if something is unclear, including calling us after a visit, if needed. We're sorry that your questions weren't answered as you hoped. Thank you again for letting us know your concerns.

Dec 9th, 2014

This doctor fixed me! I used to get sick, a lot. Eventually, I was sick for nearly a year straight. It would turn into bronchitis. I was miserable. After careful observation and ruling out other causes, I had a full T&A, septoplasty, turbinate reduction, and sinus scraping. I've been sick twice in the last two years! Three hours of surgery. I've had awful experiences with doctors, but this was one of few exceptions. I recommend anyone looking for an ENT to him. He is philanthropic and has a good attitude. I have the energy to be a parent, work, and I'm in college. If my son ever needs an ENT he will see Dr. Lazar. With my insurance I don't think I have great options of doctors. He is an exception.

Saved my son's life show details Saved my son's life
by Cary Schwartz on Jan 30th, 2014

This is way overdue, and I've never seen a review like this, but the internet did not exist back when I first met Dr. Lazar in 1987. It was in the ER at LeBonheur where he operated on my 9-month-old son to remove a piece of wood from his throat. The nurse later told me my son had a 50% chance of not making it. Dr. Lazar rushed to the hospital and performed this delicate surgery, and my son survived the surgery and anesthesia with no residuals. Dr. Lazar had only been practicing a few years, but had the talent to do the job. We are forever grateful to this amazing man, and his kind compassion and calming follow-up. His words of wisdom at the final visit I will always remember ~ as I protectively clung to my son, he told me not to let this event make me overprotective. My son is 27 today, very healthy, and making a good life in Oregon. From the bottom of my heart, thank you, Dr. Lazar!

Go show details Go
by Steve on May 23rd, 2013

Dr. Lazar was great. I will recommend him to anyone who needs an ENT.

My New Nose! show details My New Nose!
May 14th, 2013

I was very nervous when I was referred to Dr. Lazar, but he helped me by calmly walking through the process of my rhinoplasty. He explained things patiently, which helped calm down and trust his expertise. I was happy to know that Dr. Lazar was just as worried about how my nose would look as my improved breathing. I would whole-heartedly refer him to anyone needing rhinoplasty or other general ENT needs.

The man is a genius. show details The man is a genius.
by Allen B. on Apr 25th, 2013

I’ve been Dr. Lazar’s patient for many years. Because I have ear-related issued that carried over from my childhood, I usually see Dr. Lazar 2-4 times a year. Dr. Lazar is simply the best ENT doc our area of the country has to offer. He is extremely talented, honest, and straightforward. Accordingly he is in demand and is very busy. If you are looking for an ENT, Dr. Lazar should be your first call. His no-nonsense approach and busy schedule may make some feel uncomfortable. But make no mistake, he is extremely talented and effective.

First visit was a nice experience show details First visit was a nice experience
by Megan on Mar 28th, 2013

This was my first time seeing Dr. Lazar. I had to take my kids with me because of spring break. The east Memphis office has a great kids room that is plainly visible in the waiting room. That was a great way to keep them occupied during the wait. Once I saw Dr. Lazar, things went really well. He listened to what I had to say and asked probing questions. After a short examination, I was on my way. As far as these things go, it was a pleasing experience.

Fantastic Doctor show details Fantastic Doctor
by Sam M. on Mar 17th, 2013

Dr. Lazar was really fantastic. I called the office after I had a sudden loss of hearing in one ear. They worked me in for the same day. Dr. Lazar explained that immediate attention was needed since the possibility existed that the hearing loss could be permanent, however unlikely, if not treated immediately. After a short course of steroids, the matter was resolved. I returned to the office a few weeks later for a hearing test, and everything was fine. I’m very grateful to Dr. Lazar and his staff for treating me so quickly and effectively.

Good with kids show details Good with kids
by Lucinda on Mar 6th, 2013

My DS hates to go to doctors, it's very hard to get him to go. Dr. Lazar seems to know that, and worked to make my son feel more comfortable. It worked! The staff was nice, and everything was clean, clean, clean.

He is great! show details He is great!
by Penelope S. on Jan 30th, 2013

I have been seeing Dr. Lazar since I was a teenager, and now with my own child, I greatly trust his ability as a fine doctor. His slogan of something like Don’t Use The Q-Tip in Your Ear! has been helpful so far in keeping my child from having ear problems severe enough for tubes. He is great!

First timer impression show details First timer impression
Jul 19th, 2012

Saw Dr. Lazar for the first time yesterday. I like that the man has lots of experience under his belt, and that he knows how to take care of business. He's a funny guy, but not too funny - doesn't let the yucks interfere with the treatment. He respected my time, got me out and feeling better.

Will be back show details Will be back
Jun 22nd, 2012

I went to Dr. Lazar after eing referred to him by my primary physician. I'm very happy with the way the visit went. The offices are clean and tidy - appreciate the kids area to keep them distracted while we waited. Dr. Lazar gave me exactly what i needed and helped me feel much better.

clear treatment show details clear treatment
Jun 20th, 2012

Ive had sinus problems all my life. Other doctors make me feel too uncomfortable to ask them questions. Not Doctor Lazar. He doesnt use too much medical jargon, and has taken time to explain things to me in ways I can understand.

five stars show details five stars
Jun 18th, 2012

Saw dr. lazar for the first time last week. His front desk was able to squeeze me in, appreciated the flexiblity since i was in a lot of pain. Will definitely be back.

Jun 6th, 2012

I have seen Dr. Lazar for many, many years, he always takes the time to explain your exam and the procedure. I will continue to see him as long as he is in office. He is occasionally late to the office, being involved in a surgery, but well worth the wait. His staff is very professional and the office is very nice and clean.

GREAT EXPERIENCE show details GREAT EXPERIENCE
Jun 5th, 2012

On my first visit to Dr. Lazar's office he was very pleasant and jovial. I suspect a previous reviewer was in a bad mood. You're going to see a doctor about your nose, of course he's going to want to take a look! Silly! Dr. Lazar has a slick sense of humor while getting his job done. Thoroughly enjoyed his service.

this doctor has no respect! show details this doctor has no respect!
Jun 1st, 2012

i went in and when i explained my symptoms he huffed and said well see, came back with an instrument proceeded to shove it up my nose and when i flinched yelled at me to be still, i told him i would have liked him to prepare me for the procedure , he said there is no way to prepare people for this procedure and was very gruff. i left feeling belittled and violated. i would not recommend this ent to anyone. his staff is amazing but he has absolutely no bedside manner. arrogant and forceful. you don't do a procedure without explaining it, something about that feels like a violation..

Like this doc show details Like this doc
Feb 26th, 2012

nice office. felt safe coming and going. once i was in the room, he spent a lot of time making sure i understood my condition.

Jun 29th, 2011

Great staff and Dr. They all seemed to care about there patients.

Apr 24th, 2011

Excellant doctor/called me after surgery to check on my child and me!!Would recommend him to everyone!!

I will come back to Dr. Lazar! show details I will come back to Dr. Lazar!
Feb 24th, 2011

I WAS WELCOMED AND GREETED AS SOON AS I ARRIVED. DR LAZAR SPENT TIME WITH ME TO MAKE SURE I WAS COMFORTABLE AND INFORMED, VERY KNOWLEDGEABLE AND WAS HONEST WITH ME - ANSWERING ALL OF MY QUESTIONS.

Jun 16th, 2010

I would see dr lazar again based on my experience today

Jun 16th, 2010

A different physician referred me to Dr. Lazar, and I am truly grateful. Dr. Lazar was very patient in answering all my questions and I feel was extremely knowledgeable.

May 20th, 2010

Dr. Lazar's website was also informative and user-friendly. I found him through an online search, and would see him again based on my experience.

Lazar Office Visti show details Lazar Office Visti
by Abe on Feb 3rd, 2010

The people in the office were nice and exceptional really. I wound-up seeing Dr. Lazar quicker than I thought. The time with Dr. Lazar was long enough to make me feel comfortable and informed, he's like an expert and answered all my questions. I would see him again and recommend him.

Overbilled show details Overbilled
by Frustrated on Jan 14th, 2010

I had earwax compacted on my eardrum. It was easy to make an appointment. His office staff was courteous and helpful. He treated me very nice and got the earwax off quickly and (relatively) painlessly. What annoys me is that I got a bill from his office 16 MONTHS later for $299.30! I went to my insurance company's website and found out that he'd billed my insurance for $835.00 - for cleaning my ears. My copay for this was supposed to $69.30. I've called his billing agency three times to get this straightened out but will have to call them another time. Something is very wrong with this bill.

by Tori on Dec 31st, 2009

Dr. Lazar seemed to be a good doctor. However, the office staff led me to believe that he was a network provider on my insurance. I got a nasty surprise a month or so later. In addition to my network copay, he wanted me to pay several hundred dollars more. He offered to cancel half AFTER I had paid the first part. We were overwhelmed with debt after Hurricane Katrina but he refused to bend any further.His website says he accepts most local HMO's and PPO's, but I would use extreme caution. Don't take their word for it. Check with your provider first!

Friendly Expert show details Friendly Expert
by Non-Medical Person on Sep 2nd, 2009

I can only describe Doctor Lazar as a 'friendly expert'. He was great to speak with and knows his stuff (at least as far as I know). I left with a hopeful feeling for having my issue cured. When you've been to other doctors and been treated like "you wouldn't understand if I told you, so I'm not wasting my time", then you will experience the full charm Doc. Lasar (he'll explain it). I the type of person that likes to understand what's going on in my body...it's comforting to me.

A true professional show details A true professional
by Paul R. on Aug 24th, 2009

The people and office were very nice & comfortable. Dr. Lazar is a true Ace! His experience clearly shows in his ability to understand my longstanding sleep problem and to relate it back to me without talking over my head with a bunch of medical techno stuff (that means nothing to me anyway). It is in his clear effort to be sure I understand that I find Dr. Lazar's caring for his patients to come through. He's a real professional... and fellow human being.

Highly recommend show details Highly recommend
Aug 5th, 2009

Dr. Lazar is not at all pretentious like other doctors. He seems great in interacting my kids and he obviously knows his stuff. Best of all, Dr. Lazar is a straight shooter and doesn't glaze over items that obviously (to me) are of concern.

Apr 30th, 2009