Dr. Randi Cohen MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

no change

October 24th, 2015
So Caring and Comitted
Dr. Cohen has been so helpful for me. I have been a weekly patient of hers for a year now. When I first saw her I was in a really bad low. I have a long history of depression and what was up until recently called dysthymia. I was going through a divorce I initiated from an abusive person. I am working to rediscover myself, be independent in my decisions and work through years of emotional damage. She first took care to help find an immediate plan to help get through the worst. She works with me to discover the actions I can take that work for me to help get back on track. I have had a rough time finding a doctor who doesn't just spit out the textbook: eat well, sleep, exercise, and meditate. We know that's nearly impossible when getting out of bed is an accomplishment in itself. Dr. Cohen and I worked on taking the steps that I could handle in the moment and increased as I got stronger. She continues the encouragement and reminds me of the goals I’ve achieved which helps keep perspective on the progress I’ve made. She adjusts my meds as necessary keeping in mind the whole physical and mental picture of my health and what is going on in my life at that time. She doesn't push you into anything you're uncomfortable with. She has given "homework" for me which I occasionally want to blow off. I'm surprised when things I don't think will help actually do. If it doesn't she is open to discovering a way to make something for you individually. As with any doctor you have to be completely honest and try. You have to commit to helping yourself. I still go through lows and she has helped me pull myself back out. She has made me more independent and given me tools to avoid slipping back into a place I don't want to be. She helps me look into the root causes of things to understand why I think and feel what I do. She has made me appreciate me life and given me strength.

February 4th, 2014
My true feelings
I have many problems and did not know how bad they were affecting me. I’ve been to many Doctors ,trying to get help. My fifth doctor was all about the Money and I never felt like I was being helped also, I never saw progress. Another Doctor saw me and on the first day gave me a prescription for medication which kept me in a zombie state, just to name two. Then I met my Dr. Honorable Randi Cohen , referred by my GP . I entered her office with an open mind and was fed up of doctors not doing anything for me. After the paperwork which is a necessary evil. Dr. RC sat down with me and started asking me how I was doing and how do I feel. To me that was so relaxing that she was so calm and relaxed. She spoke with a very sweet voice that it soothed and relaxed me to the point where I wanted to talk. When I strayed away from the issue at hand she gently reel me back; she genuinely cares. You may ask yourself: how do I know, well I will tell you that I never had a Dr text me after my first visit to find out how am I doing, or text me to remind me of my next appointment; since I was having short term memory. She would also, text right away when she hears from my job and requested paperwork. She gives me copies of the paperwork without having to ask and she sends it off to my job. Be mindful that she is very prompt with complying with my demanding job requests that is time sensitive. She is more like a caring Mother to her kids than a doctor in my opinion. My Doctor is the perfect fit for me to open up and discuss things with her that I have never brought to my conscious memory. I became an open book with her because of her professional skills. Every person should have an opportunity to experience what I experienced in her sessions. Also, to feel the contentment and happiness I have obtained. Don't wait to gave her a call. Let her help you and have a gentle, caring, vibrant treatment that Dr.Randi Cohen offers.