Dr. W Chitwood MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 17th, 2015
Dr. Chitwood and ECU's Heart Clinic are top of their class
My aortic stenosis went rapidly from mild to severe. My local cardiologist referred me to the best surgeon he knew--Dr. Chitwood. Surgery and recovery went exactly as predicted and I felt I was in the best hands possible with the surgeon, his clinic and hospital. He literally saved my life.

April 9th, 2011
Outstanding professional for my mitral valve repair
Dr. Chitwood's vast experience in robotically assisted mitral valve repair convinced me even before I got the appointment. Everything went so smoothly. The surgery went extremely well, and my recovery is nearly complete. Dr. Chitwood's advice was correct, his bedside manner just what I needed, and his surgical skill is fantastic. Followup visit was terrific. The ECHI is an incredible institution. The facilities are world class, as is the staff at all levels. Dr. Chitwood is director - and deservably gets the credit for the whole experience that I received. I am very blessed to have a new lease on life as a healthy, active 54 year old. I am not 8 weeks out of surgery, but I can already swim 1000 yards, bike 22 miles and jog 4 miles (on separate days). In a few months, I'll be doing triathlons again - thanks to Dr. Chitwood!