Urologists

1350 E Main St
Ste B-8
Bartow, FL 33830
863-804-0400
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  Very nice and competent doctor.  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2013

Let me tell you something when you can't pee its an emergency. Dr. Hunter's staff immediately worked me into his office schedule to help me with my problem and it had been ongoing for some time before I went to Dr. Hunter. I had been seeing another doctor who did not seem to care that this issue kept happening. My friend gave me Dr. Hunters number when I could not pee and my old doctors staff told me to go to the emergency room because they were booked. 4 hours in the ER with a full bladder did not sound good to me. That first day I saw Dr. Hunter on an emergency basis and during each visit with Dr. Hunter after that he listened to my concerns and explained to me the things I could do in addition to the medication regarding my diet, exercise, and lifestyle to help avoid my problem from being chronic. Not only did I get better initially I haven't been sick like I was over and over again in almost two years. When I heard that someone had talked bad about Dr. Hunter I thought someone should get on here and tell about how he's a great doctor.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by John W. on Sep 17th, 2013

Dr. Hunter spent more time explaining to me my condition and the options for treatment that were available to me than any other doctor. I first started going to see him in 2009. With Dr. Hunter's help I fully recovered from bladder cancer. I like him so much that I travel the 1 hour and 45 minute drive to his new location for my checkups rather than change doctors. I owe Dr. Hunter my life and I sincerely thank him.

|  Dr. Hunter is awesome.  |  show details
Nov 13th, 2012

I read the comment from January and I have to agree that Dr. Hunter spent more time and attention discussing and explaining my diagnosis and treatment than any doctor I have ever seen. My treatment went as planned and I feel great. I also researched the negative comments posted on this site and they simply are not true. It is scary to think that there might be medical professionals in Florida who sink low enough to post false statements in an attempt to damage someone's reputation. My experience with Dr. Hunter was fantastic and I really trust him to shoot straight and explain all options available regardless of local availability. As far as availability, I wouldn't take my sick dog to Bartow Hospital.

|  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

Found out he's not taking new patients....after the review, could be a good thing.

|  Fantastic Physician  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2012

Dr. Hunter diagnosed and treated my ailment on my first visit. He spent more time with me than any doctor ever has in my life. He really cares and does his patients the right way.

|  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

Dr. Hunter is completely incompetent. He failed to properly prepare for surgery which resulted in the death of a patient. He failed to make the incision in the most optimal location, he failed to stop the surgery when numerous problems began, he failed to ensure there was adequate blood for blood transfusions, he failed to offer the surgery laparoscopically, he failed to recognize the fact the patient had been on steroids which makes everything tear easily leading to the tear of the rental artery. The Department of Health has filed an Administrative Complaint against him for medical malpractice as a result.

|  Malpractice  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

Due to Dr. Hunters inadequate medical care his patient died during surgery. The Department of Health has found that he committed medical malpractice. His license should be revoked. He made numerous errors during the surgery, he is completely incompetent.

|  Radical Nephrectomy  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

Dr Hunter failed to provide adequate medical care which caused the death of his patient in 2009. The Department of Health found him guilty of malpractice. Hopefully his license will be revoked. He had several opportunities to stop the surgery and made bad decisions all the way through the surgery.

|  I just had to comment, that rating was totally unfair.  |  show details
by Bob Weis on Jun 18th, 2010

202 lbs. 10 lbs more to go. See you in October. The bet is still on $200 as I recall. Best 30 lbs I ever lost, good cause too. How are you doing on your weight loss? Oh, my wife is into weight loss now. She has lost 20 lbs with a total goal of 77 lbs.Have a nice summer!