Neurologists

701 E 28th St
Ste 319
Long Beach, CA 90806
562-426-3656
Locations and availability (3)

2.0

|  Unbelievably frustrating and disappointing  |  show details
Aug 12th, 2013

As a professional and expert in his field. Dr. Shey seemed to lack participation and enthusiasm in what he was there to do. He suggested that my age 42 was why I was experiencing migraines. He was never less than arms length distance. He never once examined me... Didn't even look in my eyes. His prescription was Maxalt, Depacote, Meclizine and gave me a handout listing foods, situations and environments to avoid. The office staff was incredibly unprofessional and ill equipped to be dealing with patients in an efficient and orderly fashion. Every 5 minutes was another eyebrow raiser. In hindsight, I would research my next doctor (Especially specialty) more thoroughly.

|  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

Seeking a second opinion. Staff was outrageous. They were even "in-fighting" with each other. Felt sorry for the non-Hispanic worker there, EXCLUDING the DOCTOR of course.

|  show details
Oct 13th, 2012

Find another doctor.

|  Very brief in describing diagnosis  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2012

Took elderly parent in for treatment. Doctor was very limited in describing diagnosis and treatment options. Did not have a great "bed side manner." Very matter of fact, "This is what you have, then do or take this." Brief visit, and then you're out the door.

|  Find another doctor!  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2010

While the staff was kind in working me in on an emergent basis, the doctor never put his hands on me, never did an updated neuro exam, and didn't really hear what I had to say. He asked me to return in a week for a recheck but the staff wasn't notified by him to clear the return visit with my insurance. Thus, I am unable to comply with his request to return in a week. He is a distant, noninvolved doctor. Save your co-pay! Find someone who cares.