Surgical Specialist
NYC Surgical Associates
5 E 98th St
New York, NY 10029
212-241-3547
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  ostomy pt  |  show details
Jul 18th, 2012

Dr. Steinhagen is a hero! His office staff is courteous and professional, they go above and beyond to make pts feel comfortable and ease anxiety. Dr. Steinhagen usu has long wait times at the office, but it is obviously worth it because he spends as much time as needed with each of his patients. He never rushes anyone and takes time to explain everything. His bedside manner is very down to earth and beyond caring.

|  BEST doctor  |  show details
Jul 5th, 2012

I had a surgery done by him and he is the most caring doctor I have ever encountered. I am so grateful to him for everything.

|  Simply the best!  |  show details
Apr 4th, 2012

Simply the best!

|  RUN AWAY FROM THIS DOCTOR  |  show details
Feb 14th, 2012

I had very high expectations of this doctor but he is literally a scrooge and not as good as he is perceived to be. He performed surgery on me after the surgery his bedside manner was very poor. The follow- ups were horrible because he didn't really listen to me or my problems Nor helped me in anyway. I wish I found a better doctor think he botched my surgery. I would never recommend him to my worst enemy.

Dec 5th, 2009

Big hands! A little scary since it's a delicate place. Doesnt do laparoscopic surgery. Old fashion big cut. He didnt offer me the option of laparoscopic surgery - a little annoyed since I am young and he didnt put my body image issue into consideration

Jun 18th, 2009

nice guy but big hands! does not do laparoscopic surgery

|  Outstanding Man and Surgeon  |  show details
by Peter E. Roach on Apr 14th, 2009

Dr. Steinhagen performed 4 surgeries on me about 5 years ago. Not only did the surgeries go well, but he was at my bedside 7 days a week to foloow-up. His ability and caring nature are unsurpassed as far as I'm concerned. I still see him once a year and marvel at his good nature considering the pressure that he's under every day of his life.

|  He is the best  |  show details
by Mitch on Apr 27th, 2008

He performed 3 surgeries on me and had the most caring bedside manner than any dr. I've used. Yes, he is a teacher and therefore you sometimes feel like you have "kids" watching over you but, his chiefs are the best and he takes full responsibility for all your care. He is accessible via email and responds withing 12 hours. He is a wonderful, ethical, caring Dr. and I would recommend him higly

Mar 24th, 2008

Extremely caring. Spent more time with me than any physician ever has. Results of my surgery were fantastic. The best doctor I have ever met.