inactive

Randon C Johnson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

February 7th, 2015
Full Knee Replacement
Easy to talk to. Makes sure you understand what is happening or going to happen.

July 19th, 2014
knee replacement
you the best, Coming in for my office visit great . I'm doing great now

August 7th, 2013
Great Doctor and Helpful
I love Dr. Johnson I was worried about seeing an orthopedic specialist after I got hit from behind. I went to him 4 times and whenever I needed a script or to be looked at he would immediately handle my medical issue. DO NOT KID YOURSELF HE IS GREAT DOCTOR! It is hard to find a young and good doctor. He studied at the University at Arizona and knows what he is doing.

August 29th, 2012
Not a very good Orthopedic
In general the environment of the hospital is very comfortable. But on the day of my appointment I had to wait an excruciating hour for my name to be called and be placed in a room. And on top of that another 30mins to have Dr. Johnson assist me. The thing that angered me the most was that he literally gave me FIVE minutes of his time to tell me non accurate facts about my injured hand. And to schedule another appointment. It seemed as if he dint want to assist me, and not knowing what he was talking about. I really don't recommend this Orthopedic to anyone.

August 18th, 2011
excellent physician
he is genuinely concerned about his patients, does not make you feel rushed and takes more than enough time to explain things to patients. staff is wonderful, helpful and knowledgeable. would recommend him to everyone with orthopedic problems

August 3rd, 2010
Trouble with diagnosis
I had a chronic knee problem and I was referred to this doctor in the fall of 2009. I believe initially he gave me physical therapy and told me to come back in six weeks. He didn't know exactly what was wrong. My physical therapist did a lot of tests and discovered that one of my feet was much flatter than the other, and that both were abnormally flat. I returned to my doctor to insist I get some orthotic inserts. The pain continued and it took a long time to book the appointment for the orthotics, and then to get them made and fitted. Once I got them, I soon realized they hadn't done anything for my pain. I went back to my doctor and he still didn't know what was wrong, but he showed me a slide show on some common knee problems, which made me feel good. I decided to treat the problem as if it was tendonitis, so I applied ice, reduced activity to almost zero, wrapped the knee, got a cho pat strap. I didn't know what else to do. After a while I returned and he prescribed me more physical therapy and gave me a corticosteroid shot. I had a HORRIBLE reaction to the shot, my knee swelled up, I had a fever, flushing, etc. There was no way for him to know that would happen and he was very sympathetic, he provided his personal cell phone number and allowed me to send photos to his email as the problems went on. He prescribed Stat prescriptions for blood tests to search for infections.I'm giving a two not because he didn't provide me with good care. He was AWESOME with that. It would be a four for care. Really. I'm giving a two because it took two physical therapists to actually diagnose the real problem. The first found my flat foot (my doctor never even thought to look for this problem, and foot problems are COMMON causes of knee issues) and the second one accurately diagnosed the central problem within ten minutes. I had patellofemoral pain sydrome, probably brought on by the flat foot, which allowed my I-T band to tighten up and pull my kneecap out of alignment. All I had to do was stretch my I-T band and I was back to my physical activity with ZERO PAIN within a couple of weeks. A doctor should be able to diagnose a problem like that easily.

November 1st, 2009
I was uneasy about the procedure that I had to have done to my knee. Dr. Johnson is very professional and made me feel comfortable. He explained everything about the surgery and afterwords went through the procedure with pictures from the surgery. I was very impressed with Dr. Johnson as a whole: professionalism, knowledge and excellent response to my needs.