Obstetricians & Gynecologists

4185 Technology Forest Blvd
Ste 190
Spring, TX 77381
281-893-1246
Locations and availability (1)

|  Retired Hospital worker  |  show details
by Marlene M Snyder on Jan 14th, 2014

Well, I have to say that Dr. Birken is a major factor in finding my lung cancer. I began seeing this doctor in 1980. He is one of the best doctors I see. That's really going some as I see many specialists since my cancer in 1997. I was working in a hospital and having bladder issues but too busy to stop and see the doctor. He told me there was a procedure that could help but I felt I could not take time from work to do this. So, he said you can get another opinion or take this test in the office. So I opted for the test...and failed of course meaning I needed surgery. I finally agreed and had my pre-op testing done which included a chest x-ray. So there it was-a huge malignant tumor in my right lung. I was a stage 3 out if 4 & it metastasized and was on the move. I would not have known if he didn't insist I needed this surgery. He also performed my hysterectomy at a very young age (have 4 children) and eventually did the bladder suspension. He is an excellent physician and a very caring person. I remain his dedicated patient.

|  Dawn  |  show details
Oct 29th, 2011

I had the feeling that something just wasn't "right" six years ago. I went to have a full physical, including the dreaded "peek and Poke" and was diagnosed with cervical cancer. Stage 5 dysplasia was the diagnosis, and was resoundingly refered to Dr. Birken. I am so glad I went! Not only did this doctor take the time to explain to me what was going on in my body, he told me that since they caught it soon enough, it could most likely be treated with surgery (Leep procedure). He was right. I had moved away for a while and have moved back to Houston, and the only reason I'm on this web-site is to find his number again so I can go get re-checked and make sure I am still in remission six years later. I am sorry that the woman who posted two above me had a bad experience. I just can't help but wonder if maybe she had the wrong doctor in mind when posting. I have never, and I repeat, never had a bad experience with Dr. Birken or any of the wonderful nurses he employs. I will be calling Monday morning to schedule an appointment to get in as soon as possible!

|  show details
Jan 11th, 2011

Dr. Birken is great! He will take as much time as you need and he cares and really listens to my medical needs and concerns. I am almost forty and suffered from panic attacks my whole life, with his hormone therapy I have not had one panic attack and it has been over six months.

|  My Experience with Dr Birken  |  show details
by Maria on Apr 21st, 2010

I've seen Dr Birken for about 29 years. He delivered my daughter 27 years ago and she's seen him since she's 18. He's always been extremely sweet, caring, professional, knowledgeable about everything and helpful when I have a situation. I highly recommend him to any women and have several friends who have switched to him.

|  You will never talk to a real live person again after your first appointment  |  show details
by Jolene on Mar 5th, 2009

I cannot recommend Randy Birken. I was pleased to find him because he does some natural alternatives to hormones and thyroid issues. My first visit went fine, although he did try very hard to convince me to get a 'uteral ablation', which cauterizes the uterus so that a woman no longer menstruates. I told him that my cycles were not too bad, and he still tried to sell me on this, even when I protested that it sounded very un-natural. Despite my hesitance, he insisted I take home a pamphlet. Red flag number one.I took my blood tests and waited a week - heard from no one. When you call this office, you can NOT get a real person on the phone, and can only leave a voice mail. Finally after leaving 3 messages, a nurse responded. She was rather rude and gave me no information, telling me that my tests revealed I had no problems, despite many symptoms. I called back and left a message that I wanted to speak to the doctor. A nurse - the same nurse I believe - called me the next day. This time she went over my blood tests in detail and told me that the dr had prescribed thyroid medicine.Two months went by, and many of my symptoms remained. I called and left several three messages on three consecutive days asking to speak with a nurse. No one would return my calls. I finally pushed the button for appointments and told the receptionist I would hold until I got a nurse as I had left three messages already. She told me the nurses had been in training all week and did not apologize.Finally the nurse came on. I told her my problems and she said that she had mailed me something back in November telling me I needed to go have blood drawn. It was now January. I told her I never received anything. She blamed it on me. Right.I had more blood drawn and this time was floored when a nurse called me three days later. She asked how my symptoms were, and I told her most still persisted. She said she would talk to the doctor and get back to me.Four days later she emailed me - yes, EMAIL - and told me that the doctor was not changing my prescription. I emailed back and said, what about all my symptoms? She said I could make another appointment. Why? I had had blood drawn just a week before, and none of my symptoms have changed since my initial appt in October, but I am supposed to go BACK so I can repeat myself?Needless to say I am finding another doctor.If you want a doctor's office where you cannot get a nurse to call you back, who believes that email is an appropriate way to discuss medical conditions, who seems very interested in pushing expensive procedures (have you seen his website?) and billing insurance for repeat visits, this doctor is for you. Otherwise, look elsewhere.

|  show details
Nov 6th, 2008

Dr. Birken has been my doc for 25 years. He delivered both of my daughters and he was my surgeon when I had my hysterectomy. He is the best.