Dr. Randy Hancock DO Patient Reviews

Overall Review

April 17th, 2015
One of the best Dr's I have seen for a very long time!

February 4th, 2015
Health Care is poor in az.
Its all about the billing Been my primary care man for 5 yrs,seen him twice.hard to get past his practsioners he owns them all from blackcanyon city to dewey az.HEALTH CARE sucks in central az.This biz man has it all sewed up with medcare,he is careless,hes all about the money///Best advice...Move out of this area if your sick

January 27th, 2015
Best doctor ever!
I miss Dr. Hancock! I was his patient for about 11 years until I moved out of AZ in 2012. He was the best doctor ever. He listened, referred me when necessary, handled my routine check up stuff, even sewed up my child after hours once to save me a trip to the E.R. He is practicing in small towns that would not otherwise have a doctor. His Black Canyon City office building is old but I don't think decor is his priority. He's the best; its too bad there aren't more general practitioners like him. He could be making a lot more money somewhere else but that's not why he practices. He loves helping people. He has sure been there for my family. I give him the highest recommendation. Thanks Dr. H., you're the best!

June 6th, 2013
Awful experience
First off is the office Mgr. Shes the most miserable person I have ever met, When I tried to make an appointment I was in so much pain I could barely talk she told me I wasn't dying and hung up on me. I made a couple of appointments there and they were all hard. Second the place is a pigs sty I wonder why the board of health hasn't shut the place down, the carpets are old and stained and dirty, the furniture same way, the dr's beds are torn and dirty, no clean paper to pull down over them even. The Dr seemed more concerned about not getting trouble for giving me a prescription that would help with my pain then helping me. He actually refused to give me medicine that had been prescribed to me by my Dr in another state and gave a drug that was completely useless resulting in my being in pain for more time . Then when we found something that pretty much took care of my pain, ( a low dose steroid) He wouldn't prescribe enough so I wouldn't be in pain it was like pulling teeth to get a medicine that pretty much made me pain free, but he had no idea what was wrong with me. Just wanted me to keep coming back and trying different things. I found a new Dr. he prescribed the same meds as they kept me out of pain and immediately referred to a specialist who then diagnosed my problem and is now treating it with the same meds the first DR didn't want to give .

May 20th, 2011
Good GP but watch out for the scope
While I like Dr. Hancock a lot for general medicine, I would caution you against having him do a colonoscopy - not that he did a bad job of it, he was very thorough. But after doing the scope he did not seem to know what to do with my result (cancer). Sent me to a GI doctor who scoped me again then sent me to an oncology doctor. Could have saved about $1500.00+ and a month of time and another scope by sending me straight to oncology. Live & learn, I guess, but if I had it to do over, when he wanted to scope me, I would say an emphatic NO and go to a GastroIntestinal doctor to get it done.I also think the front desk could be a little more personable - they think every person coming thru the door is a druggy hooked on pain meds.

November 26th, 2010
Dr. Hancock was my primary care manager for 2 years prior to my moving to his other clinic in Spring Valley, Arizona. I have the highest regard for him, and very much appreciate the excellent care I received from him and his staff.