Dr. Randy Hill MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.3

July 18th, 2016
I have had pelvic pain for over a year. I have been to several Dr's and been told it could be pcos or endometriosis it was recommended I get an ultrasound. I made an appointment and told him what the other Dr's had recommended. He did not want to do an ultrasound but recommended I go back on birth control for at least 3 months. I didn't really want to go back on the pill, the side effects have always been bad, but thought I would try it to see if I could find relief. I called to make an appointment with Dr Hill after getting severe right ovary pain. I was told to be there at 2:30 and I would be seen. It was 4 before I was taken back. Since it was almost time to go home I was rushed through an exam. I had severe pain during the pelvic exam. His response when he was done was, see that wasn't so bad. I was almost in tears from the pain. I told him this to which he just shrugged. He once again told me to continue with the pills for the 3 months he recommended. I will never again go back.

April 16th, 2015
Dr. Hill is a great doctor, takes time to listen to concerns.

March 30th, 2015
If you value your life, see a different Obgyn
I seen 2 different primary doctors (my usual was out of the office once) and an ER physician for vaginal bleeding lasting 2 months, abdominal pain, and bloating. DR. Hill agreed to see me and did no tests. He said I stopped ovulating and that I needed birth control ( trying to conceive) and provera. I took those medications a month and was still bleeding. I went to the Urgent Care for an unrelated issue and was admitted to the hospital. While there, I had a CT scan and they discovered a large cyst. They told me I needed immediate treatment, as a scan two months before the bleeding started showed no cysts or tumors. I called doctor Hill for those tests the day I was released and he tried to schedule me an appointment for a month out! He said all women got cysts when they ovulate and it would go away after my next period. I said, I have been bleeding for 3 months! They responded with, "if you want to pay for an appointment, we can see you today, but won't be doing those tests right away." I think the 30 dollar copay is worth my life so I took the appointment, but also called my primary for a referral to a different doctor. The other doctor is doing biopsies the day after reviewing my charts and suspects CANCER! Fast growing cancer at that. This doctor could have cost me my life with his nonchalant attitude about my care. If the test is positive, I will be seeing a lawyer. I wouldn't recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. They want you in and out and don't listen to your concerns. I could write a book about the way they disregarded my pregnancy concerns 2 years ago as well.

June 13th, 2014
Definitely would not recommend this Dr. Very rude and hateful.

August 21st, 2013
A Jerk
I went to Dr. Hill for my first pelvic exam when I was 19. I was a bit nervous, as I was a virgin and didn't really want to be there at all. He comes in and starts going through my medical history, being very short and just looking like he doesn't want to be there either and seeming to barely pay attention as I told him what my problem was. He gets to my sexual history: "Have you had sex in the last month?" "Um, no." "6 months?" "No..." "Year?" "No." By that time I realized he's not going to ask if I'd had sex period, but I figured he knew what he was doing. Then it gets to "Do you use condoms?" I was surprised by this question. "No!" "Spermicidal foam? A diaphragm?" "No and no." All of a sudden he freaks out like he's mad at me. "Well we need to get you on birth control right away! You should use some kind of protection!" At this point I'm a bit insulted, but as that's what I wanted in the first place, I let it slide. Then it gets to the actual exam. It freaking hurt, and as I'm sitting there tryin not to twitch he tells me "Come on, it doesn't hurt that bad." He finishes up, and then the nurse hands me a wet one and tells me to "clean [my]self up" and they both leave. And neither when I was dressing nor undressing did he knock before entering. Also, I ended up not doing a pregnancy test (I went to the bathroom before going in, no one told me that was going to be a thing), and when he got all mad at me for not being able to do that I said "Well I know I'm not pregnant." He just looked at me askance and said something to the effect of "Sure, we believe you. We just want to be certain." in a very sarcastic tone. Over all, I left feeling violated and insulted. I made sure not to go back to him the next time I needed a check up. It's been more than three years since then and I still get angry when I think about it.

August 20th, 2012
I can not with good conscience recommend this physician to anyone. I saw him after suffering a miscarriage for a checkup. I asked for hormonal birth control to prevent pregnancy after learning I have no way to guarantee I would not end up with another miscarriage where my baby is suddenly born with all fingers, all toes, visibly a baby, but dead. I thought a compassionate obgyn would understand a mothers fears. The physical pain of loss is significant, but the emotional pain of seeing your young deceased lasts a lifetime. Dr. Hill, performed a pap and a pelvic exam, he asked to do a breast exam and I declined. Dr. Hill said he would not give me birth control without breast cancer screening. I was not given my prescription and do not have any health issues that contradict hormonal contraception. I am under the age of recommend breast cancer screenings, I have no history of breast cancer in my family. The ACOG, and WHO do not say cancer screening is required for birth control. Dr. Hill did not inform me he would withold my bc. Cancer screenings are supposed to be optional and not coerced. His office tells me he does this for liability, I was not offered a waiver to sign, or a female to do the coerced exam. Breast cancer rates are low in women my age. My understanding is that Dr. Hill does not care what the ACOG thinks (the board that certifies him), because hes not following their recommendations. I wish I had known that 50+ year old man required breast exams on young women without the medical science to back up his reasoning. I have requested data to back up Dr.Hills reasoning for breast exams to get birth control, no data has been cited. Just...liability. But he stands in your way by not offering a form that says you understand the risks (whatever they are?) Of not having a breast exam and choose not to have one done. Considering the liability argument and failure to offer an alternative solution.. I am not certain what Dr.Hills motives are.