Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Very scared patient; but became a appreciative huge fan of Doctor J! show details Very scared patient; but became a appreciative huge fan of Doctor J!
by Meghann S. on Aug 6th, 2015

I prolonged a very needed and required surgery for over 8 years. I even had it schedule 6 years back with another surgeon but didn't feel comfortable with the procedure and honestly, the entire situation. After finally coming to my senses and my symptoms worsening; I was referred to a Doc Jancyzk. Meeting him for the first time, I was apprehensive- I did not want to have surgery. Doc J made me feel completely at ease; I actually couldn't get the surgery scheduled fast enough to finally close this chapter in my life and begin the healing process. Day of surgery: Doc J has my laughing and ready to go. After over a 5 hour surgery ... He was very honest with me about the recovery period and didn't paint an unrealistic picture for me... Which I appreciate. Whatever bump I had in the road... He quickly got me and fixed it and sent me away way encouraging words. Also, his office manager Aeysha, absolutely amazing!!!! When I thought I was a bother with concerns that I had... She assured me over and over that everything was alright. Unfortunately, my body has always been one to heal a little but more challenging than just the average Joe... And on top of that... I have an extremely busy schedule with work and many kids so the option of running to the office would be hectic and out of the questions at times. I was at first shocked when Aeysha asked me to take picture of my incision and text it... But then realized how convenient and time saving that was! She was able to get the Doc diagnosis from the pics and tell me exactly what to do and/or call in meds to fix me right up. I can not express how much time and hassle that saves for me and my job than to have to run to the office after already missing time from the initial surgery. Times have changed with all the new technology and I feel for the better in circumstances like this. I would most defiantly recommend this office...Doc Jancyk and Aeysha!!! I of course am hoping that no more surgeries will be in my future; but if I do or anyone that I know... Doc J will be the one and only that I recommend 150%! I also plan to keep in touch with the crew. They have helped my life become healthier and better quality not only for me... But for my family. And it is hard to repay someone for that.... But just to say thanks!

May be a decent surgeon, but definitely lacking in empathy or being human show details May be a decent surgeon, but definitely lacking in empathy or being human
by Sara on Apr 10th, 2015

My dad's surgery went well, but Randy was very dismissive and rude when my sister and I asked questions. My dad is sick, we have no illusions, but deserved to be treated how we had treated him; with respect and a bit of dignity. The next day, I called his office regarding my dad's increasing confusion and plans for discharge. Less than 30 minutes after I called, I received a TEXT MESSAGE from his office manager that read: This is Ayesha from Dr. Janczyk's office. This is what he said... Hard to say sometimes what appears to be a simple problem is the start of a bigger decline. To which I replied: And...does he feel that sharing information of that magnitude with a patient's daughter in that manner and not answering her questions is professional, appropriate, or ETHICAL? She then proceeded to call me and question in a nasty manner what I found unethical about the message. She then told me that he would call me the next day, never heard back. Luckily, the day after the no call, my dad was transferred to another doctor's care. Report filed with hospital, received apology from hospital; nothing from Randy or Ayesha. Not sure about HIPPA violations, there seems to be an issue regarding the use of text messaging in this case, so report for HIPPA filed.

Wonderful, caring, and detail-oriented surgeon show details Wonderful, caring, and detail-oriented surgeon
Dec 3rd, 2014

During a 6.5 hour surgery, Dr. Janczyk improved my mom's appearance and quality of life. Thank you, Dr. Janczyk.

Best Surgeon Ever show details Best Surgeon Ever
Aug 7th, 2012

I've had Dr. Janczyk perform surgery for me on three occassions. Each time I was extremely pleased with the outcome. His office staff, and wait time are wonderful. He is very caring, and his bedside manner is wonderful. I remained awake during the last surgery, and he was great at keeping me involved in conversation, and alievating my concerns. Other members of my immediate family have had Dr. Janczyk as their surgeon and loved him as well. I would recommend him to anyone who needs to have a surgical procedure.

Would not return show details Would not return
Jan 22nd, 2010

He boarded me for the wrong surgery and when I questioned him about it, he told me it was the same thing, just 5 mm to the left. In fact, an appendix and a gall bladder are not the same thing. Then when I met with him for my follow-up appointment to discuss the results of my biopsy, he told me that he didn't really know much about what I had but he could give me a copy of the report if I wanted to google it.

Doctor's Response

Patient with increasing abdominal pain and negative imaging, scheduled correctly for an exploratory surgery, which meant we would be looking at both the appendix and gallbladder. Pathology report showed very rare gynecological condition affecting intestines. This condition is not listed in regular textbooks and there are only a few research papers on the subject. Unknown what the significance of the condition is in regards to female reproductive organs or intestines. Patient given copy of path report and recommendation to follow up with her gynecologist to see if they felt she needed additional treatment for this primary gynecological condition. Patient given the name of the condition so that she could try to find more information on the subject and further educate herself until she could get an appointment with gynecology. Patient cautioned that due to rarity of the condition her gynecologist may not be immediately familiar with it either and would have to look into it further or may refer her to another sub specialist.