Dr. Randy Tarvin MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

May 19th, 2015
He told me I should vote for Obama since my family was having trouble paying for health insurance and misdiagnosed my issue to the point that I almost bled to death... He wants to chat while he's in the room and is just not personable.

August 17th, 2014
Migraine disorder misdiagnosed as hypoglycemia
I went to Dr Tarvin several years ago complaining of frequent headaches. He brushed it off as hypoglycemia, diagnosed without a blood test, by the way. At the time, I accepted his answer and soon stopped having the headaches. What I actually had were migraines with an olfactory aura. This means I would smell an odd metallic odor that wasn't really there and within a few seconds have a severe pounding headache that would last anywhere from a few minutes to several hours, sometimes having multiple migraines in one day. When I began having the headaches at the age of 10, I couldn't explain exactly what I was experiencing. I would just tell my mom I had a headache and she would give me tylenol. I lived with the headaches until I was 15 and finally convinced my mom that I needed to see a dr. I came to know the real condition I suffered from because I finally got vital medical history from my father about 6 years after I stopped having the headaches. He had the same headaches as a child and that he took medication to manage. It would've been helpful to have had that information about my family history before seeing Dr Tarvin, but I didn't have it at the time. I know most of the time headaches aren't a big deal, but in this case, it could have been serious. I still feel all these years later that Dr Tarvin was seriously negligent in how he handled my medical problem. Luckily for me, it wasn't something life threatening and I eventually stopped having the headaches. I sincerely hope in the years that have passed that Dr Tarvin has begun to listen more closely to his patients' symptoms and will actually order the testing that can diagnose the cause of those symptoms.

February 9th, 2011
Highly Recommended Doctor
My husband and I have been seeing Dr. Tarvin for at least 16 years. My brother and my grown neice also use him and think highly of him. He is caring, professional and easy to talk to.

February 3rd, 2011
Have had this doctor for 15 years. He is excellent, very cordial, accurate and easy to communicate with.

April 14th, 2010
Recommended!
Randy Tarvin has been our family's primary care physician for a number of years and we highly recommend him to others. He is always courteous and caring, spends ample time with us, and is accurate and thorough in his diagnoses.

December 8th, 2009
Treatment
My Vet treats my animals better than you are treated by Dr Tarvin.