Dr. Ranjan Gupta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ranjan Gupta?

May 20th, 2017

arrogant

arrogant

February 6th, 2015

The Best Orthopedic Surgeon Wrist, Elbows, Shoulders

Dr. Gupta may be quiet, and hard to make an appointment to see, and super conservative, but he is the very best orthopedic surgeon I have ever seen. My son broke both his elbows in a fall, and Ranjan had invented a new surgery to move his ulnar nerve and it worked outstandingly. He gave us the research paper he wrote and had us read every word before consenting to do Brandon's surgery. Then my wife tried to lift a 24 bottles of water pack and tore the cartilage in her wrist, and he put a button outside the cast during the surgery to hold it in place and it worked. So whoever is complaining about him for whatever the reason, sorry but he operates out of a teaching hospital and its hard to get to see him. They made him the Director of Orthopedics in his 30's and I can understand why. Thanks Dr. Gupta, you're shy but the best ortho I've ever seen, people just mistake that for aloofness . Please listen to me everyone, go see Dr. Gupta and don't be alarmed because he makes you do PT and tries everything else before surgery. I agree with him that one should build up the problem area before the surgery so there is minimal atrophy.

January 25th, 2014

We need more Dr. Gupta's

Dr. Gupta is a caring person. He spends time with you and makes you feel comfortable with the procedures. He is accurate and detailed, as a teacher you would hope for nothing but. I would recommend him highly, he is worth the drive to Orange County.

June 24th, 2012

There is no better!

Perhaps he is a man of few words, it's difficult to get an appt. since he only meets with patients on Fridays (UCI Med. Center) and the wait time can be grueling but Dr. Ranjan Gupta is worth it!!! He gave me back the full use of my right arm after other Ortho's refused or gave wrong diagnosis. It took over a year and a half of severe pain and confusion but in the end my family and I could not be more amazed and appreciative! Just remember to avoid future injuries to the given area and treat the process with respect and knowledge. Did I mention that it's my right arm that was out of comish for 1 1/2 years so sleeping, eating, dressing, driving, etc. optional until after full treatment. So if you are looking for the best, here he is, true testimony :-)

March 22nd, 2012

Patient and caring.

Dr. Gupta is a wonderful surgeon. His staff is very professional and caring. My entire experience at UCI medical center was great. My wife had two prior surgeries on her arm that for one reason or another did not go well. Dr. Gupta arranged for two very intensive surgeries in a 10 day period. Rather than go ahead witht hhe second surgery and all the additional expences and pain involved, based ont he findings of his first surgery he was able to repair my wifes arm correctly with just one. We are still treating, but I can't tell you how calming and reassuring he has been with us the entire process. I would recommend Dr. Gupta and the entire UCI medical center to anyone in need of medical treatment.

January 13th, 2012

Wonderful surgeon

Dr. Gupta is very confident without being cocky. He replaced my shoulder and I am back playing tennis 3 tines a week with no pain! I would recommend him to anyone looking for a first rate surgeon.

January 15th, 2010

Bad diagnosis

Went to see Dr. Gupta for my wrist. Within 10 seconds he diagnosed that there was a tear in my ligament and suggests surgery. I was sent to do an MRI. MRI came back saying with 80% certainty there was a ligament tear and surgery was necessary. With 3 months surgery was done. However, he says that when he went in to do the surgery, he saw no ligament tear. However, pain persists months after surgery. All he did was prescribe vicodin and sent me to rehab. 6 months later, no improvement. I finally went to see another orthopedic and he saw no ligament tear in the MRI. He suggested cortosone shot. I've been pain free since.

August 26th, 2009

NEGATIVE EMPERIENCE

He was arrogant and uncaring. I had to have a repeat of a chest x-ray that I did not understand and his reply as he walked away down the public corridor, "well there's a node and it could be cancer." And he disappeared. I trusted by primary doctor to give me a good referral but now I go online for references. And the surgery was not successful-although there are no guarantees so I accept the outcome but not the attitude.

November 2nd, 2008

Dr. Gupta is concerned and attentive, always asking me if I had further concerns and questions. He performed a very intricate and delicate, dangerous reconstruction of my shoulder. I had seen 10 surgeons prior to Dr. Gupta and none could/would/wanted to make a plan to rebuild me. His work was excellent (I have had 8 previous surgeries in 20 years on this shoulder) and very successful.

October 13th, 2008

Dr. Gupta has horribe bedside manner

Dr. Gupta is very insecure, arrogant. He didn't let me ask a single question. I have seen many different orthopaedic surgeons in the area, and I do not recommend seeing him.

May 16th, 2017