Dr. Ranna Parekh MD Patient Reviews

1.3
  • 9 reviews

February 12th, 2015
The best
live her. so sad to have her leave.

October 9th, 2013
Dr Rana Parekh...RUN AWAY....SHE IS A DR TO CURE OR HELP BUT TO ...make patients whom are better WORST. If she is your DR......think first 1000000000000 .....times before you put you faith in your hands.
SHE IS A DR TO SUPPOSE TO CURE OR HELP BUT TO ...SHE make patients whom are feeling fien and ready for discharge WORST and continue with their stay in the unit. If she is your DR......think first 1000000000000 .....times before you put you faith in your hands.

April 30th, 2013
As bad as other reviews describe
Worst health provider ever seen. Always kept me waiting 45+ minutes, at least one time, I was told by support staff, because she was at lunch. When I asked her how to arrive when she was ready, she said "Do you want me to refer you to someone who is on time?", which is odd and almost comic thing for a doctor to say. Then, without any prior mention of them, she said that the doctors in my PCP group very often kept patients waiting for a long time, when, in fact, I told her that over scores of appts. with PCP, I never waited more than 15 minutes, and that was very rare. But, she insisted my PCP were always very late. I experienced her odd behavior as described in other reviews. Honestly, I thought she had untreated mental illness. Left her after very few visits.

October 1st, 2012
Picked at her bare feet
Dr. Parekh was referred to me by my primary care doctor at MGH because I was feeling depressed. I saw her a few times, and each time, I waited on average 30 minutes before she saw me. One time, when she was talking to me, she took her shoes off and put her bare feet up on the chair she was sitting on and was picking at her toes!! I was appalled at the rudeness of it all! I will NEVER go back to her.

September 18th, 2012
HIPPA
Contact records at MGH or wherever she served you and you can get all the notes she wrote about you. Your HIPPA rights. Prepare before receive your psychiatric records and her notes of your sessions. Please take every caution and speak with a trusted person, ( not a doctor) to be safe and not devastated as some patients have been.

August 30th, 2012
Why hasn't this abusive dr been handled.
Suspicious, paranoid, and race relations appear to be a trigger. Possible SUDs, denial, and angry. MGH has been put on notice but apparently they haven't notified her. MGH is exposed to so much litigation with this "creative" doctor. Patients are not being protected.

July 22nd, 2012
BELLIGERENT
RUN DON'T WALK AWAY FROM THIS FRIGHTENINGLY BAD DOCTOR. RECKLESS INDIFFERENCE TO PATIENT CARE. THIS DOCTOR DESPERATELY NEEDS TO ADDRESS HER NARCISSISTIC INJURIES. SHE'S SEVERELY IMPAIRED.

July 8th, 2011
Avoid this doctor
Reading the other person's review, now I realize I wasn't the crazy one. I was assigned to Dr. Parekh due to inability to focus. She gave me Wellbutrin and insisted that I was depressed. I kept saying to her that no, my primary thing is not depression. I am somewhat depressed, yet, but it's due to not being able to work because I can't concentrate. She repeatedly ignored this and continued to insist that I could not focus due to depression. So she gave me Wellbutrin, which had awful side effects for me. I experienced real depression (like crying for no reason) and heart palpitations. She said that I made up the heart palpitations (and even sent me to get an EKG just to prove me wrong). I suggested to her that maybe I had ADD instead of depression. She brushed it off and said, "Everybody thinks Ritalin is going to turn them into Bill Gates." Anyway, long story short, two takeaways: (1) People who see a shrink are probably in a vulnerable state. (2) People in vulnerable state should thus be protected by all means from exposure to Ranna Parekh.

August 20th, 2010
Unable to communicate effectively with intelligent patients. Only able to prescribe drugs, not a good therapist.