inactive

Rao V Vinnakota MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 17th, 2015
Great Doctor!
We have two boys aged 9 yrs and 13 yrs. We have been going to Dr. Vinnakota's office for the past 13 years. He was there for us whenever our children needed medical care. For emergencies he was there whether it is a weekend or a holiday. Over these many years we went though many different insurance plans. Not one time did he discuss about our insurance coverage. He honestly, helped us during various difficult situations. I am surprised to see the previous comment about the doctor. A two month old has a lot of previous history around the pregnancy, after birth and after discharge from the hospital. Some shots are given during the hospital stay. Without this history, it is very difficult to know what happened in the hospital especially with a new patient/family. The syrup the person was referring to is Rotarix which the baby drinks and this is given to the patient to prevent serious types of diarrhea. It is given when the baby is well and it is not given to sick children. That immunization is very expensive and once drawn either it needed to be given to the baby or needs to be thrown away and that is one of the first immunizations that is given to any baby. There appears to be a lot of misunderstanding here. In brief I respect Dr. Vinnakota, my family especially our two children love Dr. Vinnakota. We wish him and his patients well.

July 10th, 2015
Money Hungry
First visit and all he kept addressing was how our insurance does not pay him enough money! He also said that my husband should drop them & save his premiums. We went there for my son's 2month shots and he refused to give him shots instructing us to come back in two weeks because he did not review my son's charts( he's only 2months & healthy, not much to his charts). He then came back saying he looked at the charts and realize my son needs a syrup for spit-up & diarrhea which should have been given at birth. I told him I never heard of such and would like to read up more & in two weeks could follow up. He said he already drew it & costs $130. He then said "I am the doctor, I know what is best" I didn't feel comfortable, the point of this visit was for his shots, he does not have diarrhea & he never asked about his stool. I said to him I would like more info on the syrup, he then said "Do me a favor and don't come back to my office" I was appalled and in disbelieve!!! He had time to review charts for a syrup but not realize his shots should now be given? He then instructed me to make a co-pay of $50 (wellness visits are covered 100% by my insurance). I refused because we came for his two month shots, but this doctor wanted to give him a syrup and then bill it as a sick visit, have us come back in two weeks then bill again.

January 6th, 2015
Highly recommend
Jan 6, 2015 Both my kids have been going to Dr. Vinnakota from about 6 years. He is always makes sure that you understand the problem and the plan of action and if you have any questions he's always there to answer them! He talks to them like they were his own!! He's always been there for my kids no matter what is the issue. My kids love Dr. Vinnakota, they feel that he really cares for them. It is a good feeling as a parent. There is always great communication and thats always very important to have with your child's doctor! I would highly recommend Dr. Vinnakota to any mother looking for a great pediatrician!!!

March 3rd, 2014
Highly recommend
All 3 of our children has been to Dr. Rao and his wife. Not only are they courteous, loving in caring for their patients, but VERY VERY accurate in diagnosis. Dr. Rao is very patience with the parents, especially during all times of the day & night. Also, with explaining whats wrong with the child and making sure there is a follow up visit. He makes sure he puts in all dedication to all the children. unfortunately, we had moved further away and have no choice to change our Dr for our children. This is not something our children took well. Dr. Rao will be missed. Highly recommend is going to Dr. Rao.

December 4th, 2013
My children have been patients of Dr.Vinnakota for about three years now. Most of them good. Recently the doctor speaks more about my insurance and how bad they are, unfortunately we have Medicaid insurance due to my husbands business going bankrupt. This was the only insurance that we could afford. I do not like it but must do what I can for my children! Dr Vinnakota always brings this up and at office visits, speaks more about my insurance then the problem at hand which is one of my sick children! He seems more concerned about how he looks and how he is rated than how my child feels. I am so done... This is a shame....

June 19th, 2013
Dr.Rao Vinnakota has been our children's Pediatrician for the past 4 yrs. First of all, he is available when ever we needed him. He is very conservative, does not prescribe unnecessary medications or tests. Takes time to explain the details. We respect him a lot and we hope he stays in practice for a long time to come.

May 21st, 2013
Compassionate Pediatrician
He has been my childrens' Pediatrician for the past 6 years. He is hard working, very helpful and understanding doctor. When ever my children needed medical attention, he was there for us at any time of the day, night, holidays or on weekends. Many of my relatives and friends in the neighborhood have him as their Pediatrician and simply love him. I wish him all the best!

May 15th, 2013
great pediatrician
Doctor has been great to our children and the best in need and in routine care of the children .Our children Love this doctor and we highly recommend him

April 30th, 2013
Very good pediatrician
He is there for us when ever we needed medical care for our 3 children. He takes time, explains everything and follows up, in a few days. His staff members are very nice,helpful and most of them speak Spanish. We wish him well in every way.

April 30th, 2013
excellence in total care
It has been such a wonderful ,concerned and very dedicated care we received for 20 years right from the birth our children till now into their college.It was smooth right from birth to college recommendation and in between many a sleepless nights from our kids medical conditions,wow sailed through with the dedicated service from Dr.Vinnakota. We can never thank him enough.God give this excellent doctor continue to give him energy to take care of many more children-----------------

March 28th, 2012
Mrs Jeanne Miller
Dr. Rao Vinnakota has always been a great help with my children. He clearly explains any problem or illnesses I am having with my children. My children also adore him!

February 18th, 2012
This is one of the worst pediatricians I have ever came across. They are not helpful at all from the recptionist to the doctor him self. The South Plainfield office is dirty and the beds are ripped. There are no toys in the waiting room. The wait times are rediculous. And there arent enough chairs for everyone so people sit on the stairs which im sure is a fire hazzard.