Internal and Holistic Medicine

Exceptional show details Exceptional
Dec 22nd, 2015

Dr. Kellman is an exceptional and brilliant doctor. He cares and takes as much time as you need. Sure, there is a wait time but once you are with him, he does not rush you. That makes the wait time worth it. The staff, from the nurses to the front desk, are ALL very caring and friendly. I feel very fortunate to have found this practice and I am confident that my health issues will be under control under his care. They also file your claim with insurance and they do this in a prompt manner which other offices tend to fail at. I cannot recommend this practice enough.

He gave me back my energy! show details He gave me back my energy!
by JP on Mar 23rd, 2015

I have been struggling for years with undiagnosed thyroid, adrenal and gut issues that no one knew how to help. Dr. Kellman helped me in the very first appointment! Everyone at the office is friendly and helpful and I highly recommend this doctor if you are struggling.

underappreciated show details underappreciated
by Janet on Dec 4th, 2014

What Dr. Kellman is doing with functional medicine will be underappreciated by some. Yes, he is expensive, and insurance only covers a small part of his services and lab tests, but he is worth the $. I have spent thousands traveling from 5 states away to bring my kids to him. He diagnosed a thyroid problem in both that was missed by others and has improved one to the point where she is almost free of ADHD in 3 months time. The other is not responding as quickly to treatment, but we hope will improve eventually. 2K was a bargain for what we got and any parent of an ADHD child would pay it gladly for the improvement we got. Administrative issues with billing may be a problem, but I want my doc focused on my problem, not his or her money, but yes, there is a lot of rom for improvement in billing. If you are upset about the expense, take it up with your insurancecarrier. They structure reimbursement for functional medicine so badly that few docs can make a living and take their terms. Its too bad because in the end it leads to fewer office visits because it addresses the root of the problem, not symptoms.

Dr Kellman sees the whole patient - and the results are spectacular! show details Dr Kellman sees the whole patient - and the results are spectacular!
by Aaron on Mar 5th, 2014

Before I found Dr Kellman, I had been sick for many years. I had so many very highly regarded doctors tell me they have no idea what’s going on – and not really bother to try to find out. With the other doctors, when I would ask questions about how other factors might be interrelated, the best they could do is order some tests or refer me to some other specialist in some other area. No one was willing to look at the complete picture. “Not my area,” seemed to be the prevailing attitude. But our bodies aren’t separate systems. I had so many seemingly unrelated health issues, but they were actually directly connected! This attitude of only looking at a single system – and knowing nothing about anything else does a huge disservice to patients, and it was why I had been so sick for so very long. But that was before. Since coming to Dr Kellman, I am transformed. He sees the entire patient, not just the test results or the particular area of specialty. He ordered tests that revealed serious, but treatable medical problems that affected literally every single area of my health. I am shocked at how long other doctors had missed what was really wrong with me. And I am amazed at how easily Dr Kellman got to the root of the problem. I am already healthier now than I have been in decades. Other doctors shrugged their shoulders and tried to simply treat my symptoms. Dr Kellman found the root cause of my many illnesses and has helped solve the underlying issues. If you want to truly be well, instead of just cover up the symptoms of illness, you owe it to yourself to see Dr Kellman. He is brilliant, he is kind, and he treats the whole patient. And above all, he is a healer, not a treater. Because of him I have a new, better life.

Mark as Helpful  | 13 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Best doctor I ever had show details Best doctor I ever had
by Dilan on May 14th, 2013

Dr. Kellman is a very caring doctor. Yes, you will have to wait a while to see him, however that is because he takes his time with all of his patients and doesn't rush through the visit. He makes you feel comfortable and confident in him. I love him!

Nov 8th, 2012

Had to wait a long time to see this doctor and supplements in his office are overpriced.

Great holistic MD show details Great holistic MD
Jul 16th, 2012

One of the better Holistic MDs in Manhattan. Good at diagnosing things other MDs couldn't find. Offers many different treatment options

Dr. Kellman helped my child and I'm grateful show details Dr. Kellman helped my child and I'm grateful
Sep 8th, 2011

Dr. Kellman gave us hope on my child's recovery. My son has autism and was non-verbal since birth, he is 5 years old. After different bio-medical treatments we have seen so much improvement, and now he is verbal, this besides improvement in other areas. We can't thank Dr. Kellman enough. Yes, he doesn't take insurance but my son's care is priceless.

Rip Off show details Rip Off
Jul 5th, 2011

Completely overpriced, and complete obliviousness to the person's individual needs. He overmedicated me till i became extremely hyperthyroid, treated me for things that did nothing, and adamantly told me not to take psychoactive meds when i really need them. I'm a firm believer in holistic when possible, and western medicine when holistic is not working.

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Kellman does not know much show details Kellman does not know much
May 25th, 2011

Kellman is not well mentally and he charges a huge amount of money for exchange of NO knowledge - My first visit ran $900 yes $900, is that crazy? He ran many blood tests and when I asked him why I had a high CRP value he said "Good question, don't know". Meanwhile I had positive values for lupus tests which he never mentioned in the meeting. This doctor is missing something but certainly not his ability to charge your wallet through the roof. Don't go to him unless you want to throw your money down the drain. He gets 0 stars from 1 to 10. Nothing, he is a waste of time and money

Mark as Helpful  | 10 people found this helpful Report Abuse
Total scam show details Total scam
Mar 4th, 2011

This guy robbed me of thousands of dollars. Ordered tons of tests that my insurance didn't cover, and then didn't even call to follow up with the results. For $375 for a visit, I would expect a lot more. I am a big believer in holistic medicine, but please don't waste your money on this guy. He is stealing from his patients.

Oct 11th, 2010

Dr. Kellman is an excellent diagnostician. He is caring and is able to find solutions for some of the most complicated problems. When he is not able to do this, he will also let you know and then try again. If he took insurance I would gladly refer him to others. The Office Staff and new environment are excellent.