Dr. Raphael Kellman MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine New York, NY

3.6

no change

May 21st, 2017
Dr Kellman thyroid test and subsequent treatment greatly helped my GI issues & greatly improved my moods and my low energy level

March 6th, 2017
A doctor who listens with a caring staff!!
When is the last time a doctor listened to you or shown any care? I have been to a great many doctors & clinics in NYC. Out of all, none can compare to Dr. Kellman. He along with his staff are not only knowledgeable, but epitomize both compassion and empathy. Dr. Kellman is not God in the sense he's omniscient. However he's intelligent, listens his patients, and tries hard not only to figure out what is wrong, but what can help. I would not be alive if I hadn't found him. Highly recommend!!!

February 3rd, 2017
Saved my life.
He was my seventh doctor. SEVENTH! But he found all the root causes of all my symptoms. He turned my life around. Worth every penny.

January 19th, 2017
Totally Different Approach - Changed My Life for the Better!
I found Dr. Kellman after suffering with an autoimmune disease for years. I felt like other doctors had given up on me. Dr. Kellman took a lot of time looking at every single aspect of my health - my genetics, my microbiome, exposure to toxins (mold/metals), my thyroid... at first I didn't understand how it all connected but he addressed every single issue slowly and carefully and over time I actually got better. I went in there with one complaint but his treatment improved everything - I lost weight, had more energy, less stomach issues and he also helped to deal with the autoimmune issue - which thankfully no longer runs my life. His approach is definitely unique and it takes patience and time - but so worth it! I honestly wish that all doctors worked the way he does - I might not have lost five years of my life to misdiagnoses and painkillers if they did.

November 28th, 2016
I have worked in medicine all my live and have won numerous awards, presented my research thoughout the country and published my research is peer reviewed jouornals. Any Dr. who is too threatened to answer a question as to why he prescribed a medicine to treat something that your test results from his own lab clearly show you do not have, or acts as confused as he does should not be practicing medicine. Stay away, this is not alternative medicine, it is atocious, arrogant, blind fumbling,

December 22nd, 2015
Exceptional
Dr. Kellman is an exceptional and brilliant doctor. He cares and takes as much time as you need. Sure, there is a wait time but once you are with him, he does not rush you. That makes the wait time worth it. The staff, from the nurses to the front desk, are ALL very caring and friendly. I feel very fortunate to have found this practice and I am confident that my health issues will be under control under his care. They also file your claim with insurance and they do this in a prompt manner which other offices tend to fail at. I cannot recommend this practice enough.

December 4th, 2014
underappreciated
What Dr. Kellman is doing with functional medicine will be underappreciated by some. Yes, he is expensive, and insurance only covers a small part of his services and lab tests, but he is worth the $. I have spent thousands traveling from 5 states away to bring my kids to him. He diagnosed a thyroid problem in both that was missed by others and has improved one to the point where she is almost free of ADHD in 3 months time. The other is not responding as quickly to treatment, but we hope will improve eventually. 2K was a bargain for what we got and any parent of an ADHD child would pay it gladly for the improvement we got. Administrative issues with billing may be a problem, but I want my doc focused on my problem, not his or her money, but yes, there is a lot of rom for improvement in billing. If you are upset about the expense, take it up with your insurancecarrier. They structure reimbursement for functional medicine so badly that few docs can make a living and take their terms. Its too bad because in the end it leads to fewer office visits because it addresses the root of the problem, not symptoms.

March 5th, 2014
Dr Kellman sees the whole patient - and the results are spectacular!
Before I found Dr Kellman, I had been sick for many years. I had so many very highly regarded doctors tell me they have no idea what’s going on – and not really bother to try to find out. With the other doctors, when I would ask questions about how other factors might be interrelated, the best they could do is order some tests or refer me to some other specialist in some other area. No one was willing to look at the complete picture. “Not my area,” seemed to be the prevailing attitude. But our bodies aren’t separate systems. I had so many seemingly unrelated health issues, but they were actually directly connected! This attitude of only looking at a single system – and knowing nothing about anything else does a huge disservice to patients, and it was why I had been so sick for so very long. But that was before. Since coming to Dr Kellman, I am transformed. He sees the entire patient, not just the test results or the particular area of specialty. He ordered tests that revealed serious, but treatable medical problems that affected literally every single area of my health. I am shocked at how long other doctors had missed what was really wrong with me. And I am amazed at how easily Dr Kellman got to the root of the problem. I am already healthier now than I have been in decades. Other doctors shrugged their shoulders and tried to simply treat my symptoms. Dr Kellman found the root cause of my many illnesses and has helped solve the underlying issues. If you want to truly be well, instead of just cover up the symptoms of illness, you owe it to yourself to see Dr Kellman. He is brilliant, he is kind, and he treats the whole patient. And above all, he is a healer, not a treater. Because of him I have a new, better life.

May 14th, 2013
Best doctor I ever had
Dr. Kellman is a very caring doctor. Yes, you will have to wait a while to see him, however that is because he takes his time with all of his patients and doesn't rush through the visit. He makes you feel comfortable and confident in him. I love him!

July 16th, 2012
Great holistic MD
One of the better Holistic MDs in Manhattan. Good at diagnosing things other MDs couldn't find. Offers many different treatment options

September 8th, 2011
Dr. Kellman helped my child and I'm grateful
Dr. Kellman gave us hope on my child's recovery. My son has autism and was non-verbal since birth, he is 5 years old. After different bio-medical treatments we have seen so much improvement, and now he is verbal, this besides improvement in other areas. We can't thank Dr. Kellman enough. Yes, he doesn't take insurance but my son's care is priceless.

July 5th, 2011
Rip Off
Completely overpriced, and complete obliviousness to the person's individual needs. He overmedicated me till i became extremely hyperthyroid, treated me for things that did nothing, and adamantly told me not to take psychoactive meds when i really need them. I'm a firm believer in holistic when possible, and western medicine when holistic is not working.