Overall Review

July 14th, 2016
Bowel prep a little difficult. Procedure easy with first class hospital help.

April 19th, 2016
Great Doctor with a great bedside manner

February 3rd, 2016
Horrible Office Personnel Attacks Patients
This office was rude and condescending. The Doctor had his office attack me for not getting a colonoscopy sooner and attacked me for not having genetics testing done. I had colon cancer that would not have been found the year prior with a colonoscopy and I should have th right to choose whether or not I have my genes tested. The staff mentioned he was double booked and he did not have time to review my records. In addition, he refused to answer a question about my ostomy, stating that was for the surgeon, even though it was a digestive issue. I will NEVER use him again.

January 12th, 2016
An awesome resource here in Santa Rosa Beach.

January 6th, 2016
My wife and I both see him as required. We recommend him professionally and personally.

November 23rd, 2015
Dr. Rusynyk is wonderful. He is a very knowledgeable and caring physician.

October 22nd, 2015
Atrocious
I saw Dr. Rusynyk for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. The 4 minutes I saw him after he was nice. After no one made a follow up appt. with me, his staff finally got in touch and insisted I had to see HIM for the follow up. I saw Susan, his P.A. A nice woman who answered all my questions. When told I had to be on a particular steroid I asked her to wait because I knew I had a bad reaction to one years before. Let's condense this story: I have yet to receive consistent answers from this office. They called that steroid in along with one that cost +$400 (name brand). I asked Chris about getting the steroid via IV which was recommended to me by another one of my Doctors. She didn't like that and took an attitude with me wanting to know WHO told me about that. I explained and said I wanted to know if it was possible because if it would reduce that side effects I would prefer that. Chris said my insurance didn't cover it. It did. I called back and she said the Dr. didn't want me to have that - but couldn't tell me why. When we spoke again she said there was no sense in having it because I'd need to take the pills after anyway. The steroid pills which I was told would be a two week dose - was written for 4 weeks. The attitude, sarcastic and holier-than-though, I have received from her is atrocious. I cannot get the same answer twice from this office.. I doubt the Dr. even knows of my concerns and questions.

June 10th, 2015
Worst Doctor and Staff
Worst doctors office I've ever visited in my life as well as unprofessional and rude office staff!!!! A total and complete rip off

April 7th, 2015
No call back.
Thought I had scheduled an appointment with Dr Rusynyk but was seen by his assistant. She asked me a few questions and then wanted to schedule procedures that I had just recently undergone. She was to check with the results from my procedures from my last doctor in Atlanta and get back with me. That was several months ago and never got a call. I feel that all they were interested in was scheduling expensive procedures with no real reason. Go find another gastro doctor. Perhaps in Ft Walton. Others have complained about the same treatment.

December 23rd, 2014
Great doctor. Spends time with you and answers any questions you might have.

February 26th, 2014
Terrible customer service
While Dr. R was nice and had a nice bedside manner, his office does a very poor job with follow up, paperwork, and customer service.....which all is a direct representation of the Dr. He was honest and helpful about recommendations after a diagnoses was finally made/found. However, charging 25 dollars to send a fax to FMLA is ridiculous.... and the paperwork wasn't even complete, leading to a denial of claims..... Thank goodness our oncologist and surgeon at UAB, were extremely helpful. They were able to pick up the ball where Dr R and his staff dropped it. If you are looking for 100% Dr and office staff support, this is definitely not the place for you.

April 8th, 2013
If you are wanting a doctor who makes time for his patients then I would seek else where. Previously thought that he and his office staff was pleasant to work with until I actually needed him outside of my appointment. I was hospitalized from the treatment that I was put on, as with any hospitalization, I was to follow-up with my doctor. He or his staff made no effort to get me in sooner than my regularly scheduled appointment almost a month later. Then when I show up hoping that they would try to work me in I was stopped in the waiting room where he and his staff became confrontational with me. At which he told me that he was very busy and he does not have the time to be there for all his patients. Then I was told, "You're fired and to get out of my office." I have never in my life been treated like that from a physcian. I know doctors now days don't care for their patients, I understand that. However, if I am paying for your serivce then I should at least get a few minutes of your time, even if I don't have an appointment. I would have been happy with at least a 5 minute phone call.