Dr. Raphael Rusynyk Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Raphael Rusynyk?

See someone else.

Posted on July 25th, 2017

This was possibly the worst experience I have ever had in a physician's office. When you make the initial appointment they tell you that you are making an appointment with the doctor. However, the first person you will see if the scheduler, if for a colonoscopy. The only reason I even saw the PA was because I insisted. The receptionists are rude and do not make eye contact. You are a "paycheck" not a patient - they make you sign a form turning over your credit card information or making a $200 deposit before you can be seen. If you cannot do this, they will cancel your appointment. On day of the procedure, Dr. Rusynyk does not make much contact beyond walking back with you, barely introduces himself and does not see you afterward. SEE SOMEONE ELSE.

Wonderful Doctor

Posted on March 16th, 2017

I have been seeing the doctor on and off since 2010 I am very very happy and satisfied with him and now I have met his PA and she too is so compassionate. The entire staff is friendly and helpful.

Posted on July 14th, 2016

Bowel prep a little difficult. Procedure easy with first class hospital help.

Posted on April 19th, 2016

Great Doctor with a great bedside manner

Horrible Office Personnel Attacks Patients

Posted on February 3rd, 2016

This office was rude and condescending. The Doctor had his office attack me for not getting a colonoscopy sooner and attacked me for not having genetics testing done. I had colon cancer that would not have been found the year prior with a colonoscopy and I should have th right to choose whether or not I have my genes tested. The staff mentioned he was double booked and he did not have time to review my records. In addition, he refused to answer a question about my ostomy, stating that was for the surgeon, even though it was a digestive issue. I will NEVER use him again.

Posted on January 12th, 2016

An awesome resource here in Santa Rosa Beach.

Posted on January 7th, 2016

My wife and I both see him as required. We recommend him professionally and personally.

Posted on November 23rd, 2015

Dr. Rusynyk is wonderful. He is a very knowledgeable and caring physician.

Atrocious

Posted on October 23rd, 2015

I saw Dr. Rusynyk for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. The 4 minutes I saw him after he was nice. After no one made a follow up appt. with me, his staff finally got in touch and insisted I had to see HIM for the follow up. I saw Susan, his P.A. A nice woman who answered all my questions. When told I had to be on a particular steroid I asked her to wait because I knew I had a bad reaction to one years before. Let's condense this story: I have yet to receive consistent answers from this office. They called that steroid in along with one that cost +$400 (name brand). I asked Chris about getting the steroid via IV which was recommended to me by another one of my Doctors. She didn't like that and took an attitude with me wanting to know WHO told me about that. I explained and said I wanted to know if it was possible because if it would reduce that side effects I would prefer that. Chris said my insurance didn't cover it. It did. I called back and she said the Dr. didn't want me to have that - but couldn't tell me why. When we spoke again she said there was no sense in having it because I'd need to take the pills after anyway. The steroid pills which I was told would be a two week dose - was written for 4 weeks. The attitude, sarcastic and holier-than-though, I have received from her is atrocious. I cannot get the same answer twice from this office.. I doubt the Dr. even knows of my concerns and questions.

Posted on December 23rd, 2014

Great doctor. Spends time with you and answers any questions you might have.

Terrible customer service

Posted on February 26th, 2014

While Dr. R was nice and had a nice bedside manner, his office does a very poor job with follow up, paperwork, and customer service.....which all is a direct representation of the Dr. He was honest and helpful about recommendations after a diagnoses was finally made/found. However, charging 25 dollars to send a fax to FMLA is ridiculous.... and the paperwork wasn't even complete, leading to a denial of claims..... Thank goodness our oncologist and surgeon at UAB, were extremely helpful. They were able to pick up the ball where Dr R and his staff dropped it. If you are looking for 100% Dr and office staff support, this is definitely not the place for you.

Awesome. I wish he was a primary care physician.

Posted on February 26th, 2012