Dr. Raphael Rusynyk DO Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

March 16th, 2017
Wonderful Doctor
I have been seeing the doctor on and off since 2010 I am very very happy and satisfied with him and now I have met his PA and she too is so compassionate. The entire staff is friendly and helpful.

July 14th, 2016
Bowel prep a little difficult. Procedure easy with first class hospital help.

April 19th, 2016
Great Doctor with a great bedside manner

February 3rd, 2016
Horrible Office Personnel Attacks Patients
This office was rude and condescending. The Doctor had his office attack me for not getting a colonoscopy sooner and attacked me for not having genetics testing done. I had colon cancer that would not have been found the year prior with a colonoscopy and I should have th right to choose whether or not I have my genes tested. The staff mentioned he was double booked and he did not have time to review my records. In addition, he refused to answer a question about my ostomy, stating that was for the surgeon, even though it was a digestive issue. I will NEVER use him again.

January 12th, 2016
An awesome resource here in Santa Rosa Beach.

January 7th, 2016
My wife and I both see him as required. We recommend him professionally and personally.

November 23rd, 2015
Dr. Rusynyk is wonderful. He is a very knowledgeable and caring physician.

October 23rd, 2015
Atrocious
I saw Dr. Rusynyk for a colonoscopy and endoscopy. The 4 minutes I saw him after he was nice. After no one made a follow up appt. with me, his staff finally got in touch and insisted I had to see HIM for the follow up. I saw Susan, his P.A. A nice woman who answered all my questions. When told I had to be on a particular steroid I asked her to wait because I knew I had a bad reaction to one years before. Let's condense this story: I have yet to receive consistent answers from this office. They called that steroid in along with one that cost +$400 (name brand). I asked Chris about getting the steroid via IV which was recommended to me by another one of my Doctors. She didn't like that and took an attitude with me wanting to know WHO told me about that. I explained and said I wanted to know if it was possible because if it would reduce that side effects I would prefer that. Chris said my insurance didn't cover it. It did. I called back and she said the Dr. didn't want me to have that - but couldn't tell me why. When we spoke again she said there was no sense in having it because I'd need to take the pills after anyway. The steroid pills which I was told would be a two week dose - was written for 4 weeks. The attitude, sarcastic and holier-than-though, I have received from her is atrocious. I cannot get the same answer twice from this office.. I doubt the Dr. even knows of my concerns and questions.

December 23rd, 2014
Great doctor. Spends time with you and answers any questions you might have.

February 26th, 2014
Terrible customer service
While Dr. R was nice and had a nice bedside manner, his office does a very poor job with follow up, paperwork, and customer service.....which all is a direct representation of the Dr. He was honest and helpful about recommendations after a diagnoses was finally made/found. However, charging 25 dollars to send a fax to FMLA is ridiculous.... and the paperwork wasn't even complete, leading to a denial of claims..... Thank goodness our oncologist and surgeon at UAB, were extremely helpful. They were able to pick up the ball where Dr R and his staff dropped it. If you are looking for 100% Dr and office staff support, this is definitely not the place for you.

February 26th, 2012
Awesome. I wish he was a primary care physician.

November 5th, 2010
Don't understand all the bad reviews.
I've been a patient of Dr. Rusynyk for years now and don't understand all the poor reviews. In all my years of suffering with Gerd he has been the only doctor who took the time to help me. He is polite and professional, but not arrogent or stuffy. He performed a upper endoscopy on me years ago and was nice enough to personally return a call when I had questions after my procedure.