Dr. Rasa Zarnegar MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 5th, 2016
If only there were 6 stars
Dr. Zarnegar & his brilliant team removed my gallbladder a little more than 36 hours ago. I am surprised at how quickly I have recovered. 50% better than when I came out of recovery. His team could not have been kinder to me given I am a 21 y/o female experiencing her first surgery. Every single person I came in contact with was gracious and helpful; I could not have asked for a better group of people to take care of me.

June 3rd, 2016
Top doctor
Dr zarnegar is a true professional not hurrying into surgery. He listens evaluates and explains in a manner inderstandable to laymen. He doesn't rush you he listens and aware of your concerns. I am happy I found him three years ago for another matter and now preparing for surgery for hiatal hernia

March 20th, 2015
Excellent manner and experience
Although you may wait for your appointment to begin, once you are in the room with Dr. Zarnegar, you have his complete attention and he will carefully and thoroughly answer every question or concern with an easy to comprehend answer, delivered in his gracious way. This is hard to find in surgeons of his caliber.

December 18th, 2014
Dr. Rasa Zarnegar is the best. He is so knowledgeable and courteous and really takes the time to listen and explain everything to the patient. He also is very responsive and is accessible via email which is amazing.

February 1st, 2014
Excellent Surgeon In Every Sense
I feel so very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Zarnegar. I had been to a few of other doctors about my abdominal pain prior to meeting with Dr. Zarnegar. None of these other doctors made me feel convinced about what was causing my pain or confident in their capabilities. Dr. Zarnegar has such a nice way about him. He's very confident, but not cocky. He's a real gentleman with a wonderful bedside manner. He made me feel confident in his diagnoses that gallstones were causing my pain. He subsequently performed the surgery to remove my gallbladder, with a tiny, single incision by my belly button. Remarkable! I was released from the hospital the same day as my surgery, and Dr. Zarnegar told me to get up and walking that same day and in the days to come. My recovery was amazingly easy and quick, and I feel like I have my life back again after living with chronic pain for so long. I've been back to see Dr. Zarnegar for a follow-up appointment, and my impressions of him are just further confirmed. He's very professional, an excellent surgeon, takes time to talk to you and listens to what you say. He makes you feel important. Needless to say, I would strongly recommend him to anyone needing endocrine or gallbladder surgery.

March 8th, 2013
Thank you Dr. Zarnegar!!!
From the moment I met Dr. Zarnegar and his staff I sensed a commitment to correct my hernia with proficiency and integrity. He seems to be that rare person these days that has an enormous amount of talent in what he does and is able to express, explain and review exactly what will happen in an intelligible, down to earth way. This was true also of his operating room staff and the attention I received at Weill Cornell Medical Center both before and after the procedure. The amazing part of all of this is that 3 weeks after the procedure I was back to normal.

October 6th, 2012
"Amazing"
Dr. Zarnegar is bloody amazing! I consider myself fortunate to be cared by this highly skilled doctor. He is a caring, kind, and professional doctor. I have been seen by many doctors, and none have compared to Dr. Zarnegar. His diagnosis are right on point, and his surgical skills are incredible! I love the fact that when you go for your appointment in his office, you see him, not his partner, not a Resident, but Dr. Zarnega. He's Amazing!

August 23rd, 2012
Amazingly skilled surgeon
I cannot imagine that any surgeon could do a better job. I had my gallbladder removed today using a single-port laparoscopic procedure. I entered the operating room at 2:30 and was discharged from the hospital at 6:30 and walked out with my companion and got a taxi. The incision is almost invisible and there is only very mild controllable pain. This result is much better than I had feared or expected and better than many other reports I have read about similar procedures. Dr. Zarnegar is the best!!!!

July 18th, 2012
Excellent Experience
I came in as an emergency patient & was diagnosed with appendicitis.Dr. Zarnegar was the surgeon on call that Sunday.He & his staff were excellent.I had never met him before.His bedside manner was warm, caring & professional.He is a great doctor& I thank him.

April 20th, 2012
DR. ZARNEGAR & HIS TEAM WERE WONDERFUL IN THE SURGERY & CARE OF MY SON. I KNOW HE SAVED HIS LIFE IN MAKING THE DECISION TO OPERATE IMMEDIATELY.

January 20th, 2012
Amazing
Dr. Zarnegar is the best! I had bad results from a Heller Myotomy that I had performed at another hospital, and after two visits and studies recommended by Dr. Zarnegar, he was able to tell me what was wrong and reassured me that we would fix it, and that I not worry. He is very professional, intelligent, patient, and calm. My first procedure went very well!

July 9th, 2011
Excellent bedside manners, and takes the time to listen to what my concerns are as a patient.