Ophthalmologists
North Miami Beach
184 NE 168th St
North Miami Beach, FL 33162
305-493-3203
Locations and availability (10)

3.0

|  Reassuring Treatment  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2014

Saw Dr Taher several times regarding some fluid on the eye. He competently explained the issue and put it into a perspective so I knew it wasn't presently a concern but needed to be monitored - which it satisfactorily was. A genuinely nice person who projects a confidence that I was in good hands.

Mar 8th, 2014

This DR. is fake frinedly but bad phisitian thank God I asked for second opinion. his diagnosis was WRONG!!!!

|  Mrs.  |  show details
by Amy Friend on Mar 1st, 2013

This " Dr" left my husband blind beyond repair. He destroyed my husband eye with a 5 minutes retina surgery.

|  the best doctor  |  show details
Sep 17th, 2012

Dr Taher is very knowledgeable and courteous. He treats me with respect and is very honest. He always spends as much time as I need and I always come with a laundry list of questions and he answers them in a way I can go home and relay the answers to my children.He has taken care of my macular degeneration and although I know I will never be perfect, he has helped me maintain the vision that I have. He is a God-send!I would recommend him to ALL my family and friends!Mrs. B

|  TREATS YOU LIKE A BROTHER BETRAYS YOU LIKE JUDAS  |  show details
Jul 11th, 2012

HE LIVE ME IN THE DARK FOREVER, HE SAID THAT HE WILL IMPROVE MY NORMAL VISION FROM 20/40 TO AT LEAST 20/20. HE DESTROY MY ONLY EYE BEYOND REPAIR. AND THANKS TO THIS SITE WE FOUND THAT WE ARE NOT THE ONLY ONES THAT HE IS DESTROYING. GOOD FOR THE ONES WITH A GOOD EXPERIENCE, FOR SOME ONE LIKE US... DOES HE CARES? NO OF COURSE. ME AND MY FAMILY.. WE ARE PRAYING FOR JUSTICE FROM GOD.

|  Dr. Taher and Dr. Levy are Hacks  |  show details
Jun 23rd, 2012

Dr. Taher did a laser procedure years ago on me for retinoschisis. I don't know what he did but I did not see clearly after that. Follow ups were not productive. He didn't seen to care. I was only a number. Dr. Levy was brought in for a second opinion. He was too busy taking calls every thirty seconds to pay much attention to my problem. After this I went to Bascom Palmer for a second opinion. Apparently now I had a retinal detachment that was either not diagnosed or caused by the laser surgery. Thanks to this hack I will never see properly again. I DO NOT RECOMMEND.

|  Dad's Guardian Angel  |  show details
Sep 13th, 2011

Dr T took care of my 92 year old dad! Dad has since passed buteverytime we went to visit Dr T, he was so nice and so caring.He treated dad as if he was his own...he took excellent care of him and his muscular degeneration. Dad loved to read and thanks to Dr T, dad was able to read his Bible til the very end!GOD BLESS YOU, DR T!!!!Love you!

|  Excellent Doc!  |  show details
Sep 3rd, 2011

I get sick reading reviews of people that expect miracles from there doctors. I have had MS and been wheel chair bound for 14 years. I am also a vet. Dr Taher treated my eye condition and he was nothing but a professional and very care and courteous. He took time to explain my condition not only to me but my daughter in another state! He is excellent. Of course few bad apples that have negative reviews try to ruin his good name. He is one-of-a-kind caring and professional person! Disregard the negative hog wash! I served in the Army for 14 years...you run across bunch of people...I would stake my Bronze Star on Doc Tahers reputation!

|  Botched my laser surgery  |  show details
Aug 13th, 2011

im glad I found this website to voice my opinion and frustration. Back in 2007 I was diagnosed with Retinoschesis (which I had since 2002 and was mis- diagnosed by another doctor by the way) and was referred to Taher. He did a laser surgery to cauterize the membranes to keep fluid from leaking. After this I do not see clearly. My vision is wavy, and words float in and out of my field of vision. His bedside manner really left something to be desired. He seemed more interested in joking on the phone than dealing with my follow ups. One time he examined me and kept telling me to hold on so he could answer his phone. Felt like I was at the damned beauty salon. A person who is having trouble medically deserves the doctors attention, am I right? Anyway a few weeks better I was no better when he said I was. I ended up going to Bascom Palmer and was diagnosed with a retinal detachment. The dr. I saw said he would never have done the procedure Taher did and I was scheduled for the vitrectomy surgery. My eye is ruined because taher mis-diagnosed my retinal detachment, and I will never be the same. I hope by some chance he comes across this review because I would love for him to know what an incompetent hack I think he is. Those of you who had good experiences....great! But those who are looking for a so called specialist....keep the negative reviews in mind too. Hopefully you can avoid a lot of frustration.

|  Dr. Taher, THE BEST !!  |  show details
Aug 8th, 2011

I always look forward to seeing this man. He performed surgery on my eye a few years ago and the results have been all positive. He is probably the most caring and personable doctor I have ever seen. My experiences have all been extremely positive.

|  Amazing Doctor  |  show details
Jul 13th, 2011

People can say what they want but this Doctor is AMAZING doctor....Its sad to see how cowards write things about doctors on these sites...I usually do not write anything good or bad but some people wrote nonsense about Dr T. and there are always a few bad apples that have nothing good to say about people. He deals with the most serious eye diseases and he treats everyone like family. I have been his patient for 6 years and he is the BEST!GOD BLESS HIM!

|  YOU CAN NOT TRUST THIS GUY  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

PLEASE STAY AWAY FROM THIS GUY. I DO NOT HAVE ENOUGH WORDS TO EXPLAIN THE CARELESS PRACTICE OF PEOPLE LIKE TAHER.

|  super  |  show details
Feb 20th, 2011

Dr T took care of both my parents. Dad had a complicated cataract surgery and Dr T saved his eye after the other surgeon nearly blinded him. Dr Taher also takes care of Mom who has macular degeneration. He injects her eyes and has been able to maintain her vision. God Bless Him!!!

|  best doctor  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2010

My wife had degeneration of the macula. She only had vision in one eye and Doctor Taher preserved her vision til the day she passed. She adored him and always said he was her favorite doctor. He treated her like family. He is so caring.God Bless you Dr Taher!Joe

Aug 25th, 2010

Stay away from this Doctor...My eye is now permanantely scarred from his misdiagnosisand my vision in one eye will never return

|  Detach retina november 2009  |  show details
by AL on Jun 14th, 2010

Dr,Taher is a great Doctor,,very caring professional, He was great.

by Ray Martinez on Feb 23rd, 2010

Excellent! Highly recommended !!!!

|  smart and sweet  |  show details
by betty m. on Dec 26th, 2009

I take my grandmother to Dr Taher and he is the nicest and most passionate doctor I have met...we are all very happy with the outcome of the surgery her performed. He had cataract surgery at Medeye Associates and Dr Taher had to complete the cataract surgery.

|  Is not Honest  |  show details
by Blinded on Oct 30th, 2009

Doctor Taher, knew that he he botched my surgery up the minute that it happened. He left my eye looking like ground hamburger. He had stated to my husband after the proceedure that i was not responsive to directions and that my eyes would not stop moving. This being the case, he still proceeded with the surgery. He also asked my husband if I was taking drugs. I wis still in recovery, but when I heard this I replicd to Dr Taher that No I was not on drugs and that I resented him saying so. I later found out that the anestesia that was used was Ketamine, known on the streets as Special K. As a result I had to have my eye removed. Now I've lost my job and I am having a hard time finding another one due to my poor vision. No one would help me take action against this man. I remain very depressed.

|  excellent and prompt attention  |  show details
by Mary B. on Sep 30th, 2009

My optomotrist saw me and found that I had a retinal detachment. He called Dr Taher and I was seen right away and surgery was done the same day. I am so impressed by his office, his staff, and his professionalism. I have told all my friends about Dr Taher.

|  super bedside manner  |  show details
by mary b. on Sep 16th, 2009

One of the nicest doctors I have met...I am 67 years old and have met so many doctors...he treated me like family!

|  My Surgery  |  show details
May 29th, 2009

Dr Taher performed surgery for my detached retina using ketamine,known on the streets as special-k which causes rapid eye movement & hallucinations. instead of stopping the surgery he proceeded and I lost my eye. NO compensation was offered. I will never be the same. He should not be allowed to practice!

|  should not be allowed to practice  |  show details
May 29th, 2009

My wife lost her eye as a result of the hospital staff anesthesiologist administering the incorrect anesthetic which causes involuntary eye movements and Taher proceeding on knowing full well the anesthetic was inappropiate for eye surgery, result;damaging the eye to extent that it had to be removed.