Pediatricians, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Southfield
Pediatric Institute For Epilepsy
29592 Northwestern Hwy
Southfield, MI 48034
248-354-0967
Locations and availability (5)

2.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Not Satisfied  |  show details
Apr 28th, 2014

She is spending enough time but I am not satisfied the diagnosis and always they want to perform tests. I don't recommend to go to this hospital.

|  Satisfied Mother  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

Dr Gupta is an excellent neurologist. She takes time when examining her patients and is very thorough. Would recommend her highly. Office staff is ok. EEG Tech is excenllent.

|  While not perfect, still our top choice!  |  show details
May 29th, 2012

I find the office staff very friendly and accommodating. The office in general give an impression that they truly care about their patients. Dr. Gupta is WONDERFUL with my son and clearly cares deeply about him. She never rushes us and always takes the time to show she cares.My only complaint is that the phones are never transferred over from the answering service to the office on time in the morning. It is difficult to get a hold of them in the sense that none of my phone calls have ever been returned.However, as far as friendliness and politeness I find the office staff superb and Dr. Gupta wonderful. In fact, we drive OVER an hour just to go to Dr. Gupta.

|  Office Staff  |  show details
Jan 19th, 2012

The office staff here is worse than horrible. I would urge anyone with children to steer clear of the doctor because of her more than unprofessional staff.

|  Excellent Dr. Deplorable office staff with exceptions  |  show details
Jan 2nd, 2012

I don't see the same problem as the other reviewers. My experience with Dr. Gupta has been nothing but EXCELLENT!!!! HOWEVER! Her office staff has a lot left to be desired!!! With the exception of the lady who does the EEG's (she is a sweetheart). Although there is ONE and only ONE office staff person that does know what she is doing and is very patient and kind on the phone trying to help in anyway she can. That is what I have found whenever I have had a problem with the other staff personel. When my son was diagnosed with EPILEPSY which was diagnosed with a 24hr. EEG, Dr. Gupta called me to have me there IMMEDIATELY to let me know and when our other son was born she took him in as one of her own, she makes us feel like family EVERTIME we go there, AND she knows ALL of her patients by name and not by looking in the file, she recognizes you by your face. I have recomended Dr. Gupta and will continue to do so, although I do warn people of her office staff and ask them to not judge Dr. Gupta by them, because she is a VERY TALENTED in her profession, otherwise unfortunatly people would be turned away in droves.Everytime I call to make an appointment I am able to get in by as little as a week. The longest is around 3 to 4 weeks. Dr. Gupta will spend as much time as you need her to if you have questions I suggest you write them down so you don't forget any, she is a professional and needs to make a living too. I have made the mistake of forgetting to write down my questions and missed the oportunity to get my concerns heard (that was MY fault NOT Dr.Gupta's)

|  show details
Jul 5th, 2011

Very poorly run office with incompetent staff. Never returns phone calls and must call multiple times to even get a single result - our daughters' EEG was abnormal and only after 5 of my phone calls and finally one to the answering service did we get a partial result and an appointment to discuss the results. Only trying to make extra money off patients by doing unnecessary repeat testing - we had a second opinion. Not recommended at all

|  Horribly run office  |  show details
Jan 4th, 2009

The office is disorganized and Dr. Gupta has been told yet she does nothing. You wait forever for test results and after getting a second opinion, I know there are better professionals out there. Avoid this doctor!

|  Think twice about Dr. Gupta  |  show details
by parent of former patient on Mar 15th, 2008

Only 3-4 people in office. Never returns phone calls. Support staff is uncooperative. Dr. Gupta knows her staff but for a one doctor office, doesn't seem to run am efficient office. When the doctor is unavailable, office staff and answering service say they will contact her but she calls maybe 50 percent of the time.