Neurologist (brain, nervous system)

Dr halker was the worst doctor we have ever experienced. She seemed indifferent to the patient's needs. It took her over a week to return a call about a medication. She didn't appear to know the basic information from the clinician's guide on the disease. Idk how she stays employed. show details Dr halker was the worst doctor we have ever experienced. She seemed indifferent to the patient's needs. It took her over a week to return a call about a medication. She didn't appear to know the basic information from the clinician's guide on the disease. Idk how she stays employed.
Mar 14th, 2015

Wouldn't want her treating a paper doll

Horrible Experience...DO NOT put yourself through that show details Horrible Experience...DO NOT put yourself through that
Mar 6th, 2015

Dr. Halker was terrible from the start and got worse. She was very disrespectful to the patient while he was in severe pain in the e/r. She admitted him for a week, but she NEVER ordered the tests that are recommended for his disease. One day, out of the blue and for no reason, Halker's nurse called and told the patient to stop taking the medication. Halker had never spoken to the patient about the medicine. When the patient was having breakthrough symptoms, it took Halker EIGHT DAYS TO RETURN THE CALL. We called every single day begging for help! About three weeks after the hospital visit, we noticed the patient was running out of pills. We went to the pharmacy and found out that Halker had written the prescription wrong! 4 pills per day x 30 days...she wrote for 60 pills! SHE WAS THE WORST DOCTOR we have seen in five years of dealing with this brain disease.

Oct 23rd, 2014

Dr. Halker was the fourth neurologist I have seen for treatment of my chronic migraines, and I was becoming discouraged after forty years of suffering and trying just about everything. Dr. Halker was extremely polite and professional. She was by far the most knowledgeable doctor I have seen with regard to migraines. She spent quite a lot of time with me and even modified her schedule to be sure that I had Botox treatment as soon as possible. As a result of her suggestions and treatment, I have been migraine free for the longest amount of time in years. I cannot thank Dr. Halker enough for all her help.

Bonnie Ooley show details Bonnie Ooley
Dec 1st, 2012

I would just like to thank Dr. Halker for her diagnosis and treatment of my life long daily suffering with chronic migraines. She was very personable and sympathetic to my particular situation and immediately treated me. Thank you Dr. Halker for what I am hoping to be a life changing experience. I have already referred a patient to you!

Not recommended show details Not recommended
Oct 3rd, 2012

Dr. Halker was quite rushed during my appointment and acted annoyed when I asked questions. My first (and only) appointement only lasted 18 minutes. It was so rushed and she didn't review my files in advance so I don't feel she really got a good picture of my case. She also didn't leave me with a plan for the future, just mentioned a bunch of names of medications that I could take in the future if I wanted. No rationale for why the medications would be good for ME. I can get that info from the web.

Headache Treament show details Headache Treament
Feb 28th, 2011

Dr. Halker provided the most thorough exam from a headache specialist I've ever known. She was very patient when listening to my issues. She asked detailed questions and came up with the best theory of my headaches I've ever heard after nearly two decades of headache pain, several surgeries and a lot of other treatments that didn't work. Although I have not undergone the entire treatment plan, I left the office feeling informed, well cared for and optimistic about my treatment.