Pediatricians, Gastroenterologist (digestive)

2113 Adams Grv
Ste 200
Columbia, SC 29203
803-254-1006
Locations and availability (2)

2.5

|  show details
by Angelica G. on Jul 20th, 2014

My daughter was admitted to Palmetto Children's Hospital. We were very impressed with the peds staff; however, when they requested Dr. Amarnath as a consult, we began to have issues. The team met with my daughter, ran tests, etc. they said it could be a few things. On the other hand, Dr. A was adamant about his diagnosis without even meeting my daughter or running any tests. My daughter was refusing the formula he wanted her to try, and he said she would be OK going all weekend without eating. When I expressed my concern, he said our next step was to do a feeding tube.. The team did not see eye to eye with him, and tried hard to advocate for our daughter. The frustrating part was that she had none of the hallmark symptoms of the diagnosis, and his rationale for not agreeing with what the team thought it may be did not carry any weight. I immediately had our daughter transferred to MUSC, where the doctor suggested several different tests (not just a scope) and possible solutions ( not just changing the formula). If you want your concerns to be heard and a comprehensive review, DO NOT go to this doctor. It is worth the drive to MUSC!!

|  waste of time  |  show details
Dec 14th, 2013

Had to see nurse practitioner! No tests were done that we hadn't already done with the family Dr or er! Very rude to us & either called us back days2 . later or not at all! Still no diagnosis & still has the same problem!

|  Life saving!!  |  show details
by Kaitlin G. on Sep 11th, 2013

This man saved my life and all of these reviews are awful and not very true, in my opinion. He stuck my by side from a child to an adult and is still here to answer any of my questions today. Without him and the amazing staff, I have no idea where I would be. Thanks guys for an amazing job!!

|  show details
Oct 25th, 2012

I would find another doctor.

|  GI  |  show details
May 11th, 2012

Due to him being the only Pediatric GI Dr. in Columbia you had no choice. But once my child was getting worst and the doctor never listen and perform unnecessary surgery on my child we left and went to MCG in Augusta. The drive was worth every minute.

|  Not involved  |  show details
May 9th, 2012

He ran lots of tests and never called with results. When we contacted them we were not given the information in a timely manner. He jumped to conclusions and did not listen to all of the symptoms. I would choose someone else, given a choice.

|  so so  |  show details
Oct 26th, 2010

We have no choice here in Columbia...there is only 1...so we have to use him....I would pick another.