Dr. Raul Chao MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 10th, 2016
terrible office
let me start by saying the actual visit took between 2-5 mins and the Dr seemed knowledgeable for the most part. Sent me to have different outside testing each time (been there 3 times) I saw him so I actually don't know if his treatment plans are effective as of yet. However he is very pleasant and paid attention while consulting me. HIS staff on the other hand was UNPROFESSIONAL from beginning to end. For starters, the front desk, middle age woman, that you see once she decides to open the front window is extremely rude. She would roll eyes when asked questions, she would raise her voice when speaking to patients (who don't go there because they have nothing better to do, we go there because we are in pain and he is a specialist) and unbothered. The wait is absolutely ridiculous. With a minimum wait starting time of 2 hours!!! (and it happened all 3 visits so its not like they were having a bad day) They schedule 3- 5 people for the same time bracket. The building is nice and big but with all the double scheduling there are no seats available. Majority of your time will be standing. Today I counted 15 seats available but 25 people in office so we had to stand for the 2 hours it took to be seen. Oh and it looked like a fire hazard with 5 wheel chairs, 4 walkers , the 15 chairs full and the remaining 10 people standing. Not 1 please, thank you, how are you, in the entire office. There was an elderly lady (well into her 80's) in a walker when I walked in and when I left nearly 2 1/2 hours later she was still there. I asked what time her appointment was and she said she was actually waiting for transport! Transport! Not 1 member of the staff asked the elderly lady if they could help her, perhaps call transport and see what the hold up was. Not 1 person. Office of no compassion. Another lady was there just as long but I did not engage in conversation with her. The friendliest person was the Leon Medical Assistant lady that kept walking thru the office (apparently a transport person) and even she had a look of torment on her face. The Doctors assistant who called me into the room was just as dry. Not a hello, how have you been , not a smile, not nothing. You could tell he just wanted to jot down a few notes in computer and carry on. Not the least bit interested in the patient or the well being. And while in room waiting for Dr anther staff member came in, opened up another patients file, wrote things and proceeded to whistle for the remaining 10 mins that he was sitting in the room. But the worse staff member of them all was the lady who does the referrals. On her personal cell phone discussing the weekends BBQ for the entire time that we and the man next to us were standing in front of her. She handed me a paper and told me they would mail referral in about 2-3 weeks. At least that's what I could gather between her conversation of last nights dinner and the neighbor that she was having on her personal cell phone. I feel terrible for any person that has to visit this office. I would go as far as having elderly affairs come and do an investigation. And by the looks of most common age frame, I would have medicare do a n investigation as well. Not only will I never go back there, I will mail a copy of this email to anyone that will listen and anyone that will do something. It is unfair and unjust for anyone, especially the elderly to get treated the way they treat people. I'm not sure if in Mexico where he got his License they practice like this but here in the US we show compassion, we help, we educate and we tend to people in need when in a professional medical setting. We don't take advantage or disrespect and most certainly don't condone fraud of any kind. They ALL need a day of re-training, HIPPAA, compassion, work etiquette, professionalism, and most of all manners. If this is Obamacare at its best then we are in BIG trouble

August 13th, 2016
Dr.Raul Chao
excellent doctor,takes patients by appointment time.staff us so nice.

July 7th, 2015
I need to sese Dr Chao as an emergency, I am on Pain, he is very good to take the pain away. Good Bless him!!!

March 16th, 2015
Love Him!
Been with him for over 5 years, and he is an exceptional and caring Doctor.

February 24th, 2014
Pain Mananement
He is a great Pain Doctor, listens to everything you say and goes by the book !!!! Only subscribes what you need !!! I would reccomand him to anyone

November 15th, 2013
I've been seeing Dr. Chao for 5 years now, and IMO he is the best pain management Doctor in Miami. He is very professional and always willing to help me in anything I need. I have sometimes called him with a lot of pain, and he has seen me the same day. He has a very busy practice, so the wait sometimes might get a little long, but is absolutely worth it!

August 4th, 2013
Property Manager
Dr Chao has always been very professional. Every time I have visited the office he has spend time with me going over my condition and giving me his professional advise. Dr Chao in my specific case has done a fine job. I have been going to his clinic now for over 2 years and I have always received the attention and care I've expected from him. He knows and understands how to most effectively manage my pain. The staff, however, need to be a bit, more polite with their patients. Sometimes the staff that does not want to do their job can give the practice a bad reputation. Overall for me Dr Chao is a 5 star physician.

June 27th, 2012
Careful Treatment and Caring Physician
PROFESSIONAL

April 30th, 2012
no relief whatsoever
In 2008 I was referred to Dr. Chao for Sciatic pain; he performed 3 epidural injections, and prescribed heavy duty narcotics in large quantities. I was in agony, and he said I was not a candidate for surgery. After several months as a drug addicted zombie bedridden in severe pain, I finally went to the UM Spine Clinic (against his recommendation) where they ran tests and found that along with a severely herniated disc, there was a bony overgrowth piercing the Sciatic nerve (excruciating). Surgery was performed immediately, and I walked out of the hospital pain free after almost a year of unrelenting pain. You only need this place if you want drugs, not if you are in actual pain. The review below is probably just reputation management. You should ignore it. Dr. Chao, you should be ashamed of yourself.