Dr. Raul Rodriguez MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.8

no change

December 4th, 2016
The Best Dr In all of PBC
I read through the comments from other people on this website, and i have to say that they did not give Dr a chance. If you're going to judge a Doctor's abilities to treat you based on time spent in waiting room, etc, then you know nothing about what it takes to be a good doctor in All aspects. I've been a patient of Dr R for 6 years. I have suffered from severe depression, anxiety, and ADD for over 22 years. I have been on almost every medication on the market. Ive seen many different psychiatrists, psychologists, therapists, etc. When i moved to FL 6 years ago, Dr R determined that i was over medicated. He spent time with me at every visit, listened to me, thorough reviewed my past records, and came up with a plan of how to titrate down on certain meds and slowly start new ones. Because of the severe aide effects of stopping and starting antidepressants, it is a tricky process and must be tailored to each individual. It takes time, but his plan worked! I became able to function normally, lost 40 pounds, started living my life, got a job, etc. Over the years, aome adjustments have to be made, but thats just the nature of how your brain and body respond to the meds and life changes. He also got me into therapy, he got me with someone at his office who helped with the self pay rates since my insurance didn't cover therapy. Eventually i went through DBT, which has helpes me in many life situations. I have moved up from being a receptionist to now being a manager of an entire department at my job. I wouldn't be here without Dr R and Shyla, my therapist. So to those peoe complaining about the extended wait time, you must see the bigger picture. There are Many timea when psychiatric patients have emergencies and need to be seen right away. He will never turn you away when you are one of those people. So yes, sometimes you may have to wait, but it is because he ia seeing patients who had urgent situations. Not because of overbooking. He also has hours as early as 6am on certain days, so if you go at a less busy time you wont have to wait at all. He caters to patient's needs by offering late hours, early hours, walk in emergency visits, and a holistic approach to overall health. He has programs for weight loss, nutrition, acupuncture, massage, group therapy, yoga, DBT, and more. He may not be the cheapest doctor in town, but the results of his treatments are definitely worth every penny. I would not be here today without his help, and the help of Shyla Ford (my therapist).

November 15th, 2016
I am a senior with Bi-polar disorder. Have been thru quite a lot of psychiatrists before finding Dr Rodriguez. He is patient, tolerant, considerate ,extremely knowledgable, and the most excellent doctor that I have found.

March 10th, 2016
once you make appointment, you wait FOREVER to see the Dr. because they double and triple book appointments. The office staff is the worst, they di not follow up with you AT ALL. I called in 4 times and left 4 messages to have my DR call me back because I was having a reaction to a med he prescribed to me and I never got a call back. NEVER!!!! Didn't get to talk to him until my next apt after waiting an hour and 1/2 to see him. they charge you $400.00 for first time patients even if you have insurance and $125.00 for every visit after that which is basically just to get refills!!!! Called Jennifer the billing manager SEVERAL times to see what my refund was going to be after turning in my claims to my insurance company and I got the same excuse every time, that she submitted them and Florida Blue takes forever to pay. So I called Florida Blue and she never submitted the claims. I've been dealing with this for 6 months and still don't have my refund!!!!!!! Avoid at all costs!!!!!!!! Such a joke and so unprofessional!!!!!!!

December 15th, 2015
Helped me "Live" again
Dr. Rodriguez has made a huge difference in how I can live my life again. He has accomplished what no other doctor has been able to do for me. I have seen various mental health professionals over an 18 year period with mixed results but Dr Rod and his staff have successfully treated me for three years now and I will be forever grateful. I am now, with his ongoing treatment, able to live the life I once only could pray for.

October 28th, 2015
I appreciate this doctor and staff care

August 30th, 2015
He doesn't show any compassion toward you . Will look at you like he's about to put you in the mental hopital.

February 9th, 2015
Thank you Dr. Rodriguez
I cant say enough good things about Dr. Rodriguez, he has helped me get through a lot. Thanks again!

July 9th, 2014
Professional, Timely and Courteous
From start to finish, my experience with Dr. Rod was wonderful. I remember being nervous about calling to make an appointment, but the staff are very helpful and kind. I was able to make an appointment that fit my schedule. Upon arriving at the office, I was quickly called in to see Dr. Rod. There was no waiting in the lobby for hours (although the waiting room was quite nice, so I wouldn't have really minded!). Dr. Rod is a nice man, and a great doctor. He is very easy to talk to, and I very much appreciate his professionalism and insight. Great experience overall!

July 9th, 2014
Kind and Welcoming
Dr. Rod has really helped me over the need with all my psychiatric needs. I have gone through many ups and downs in these past 3 years and Dr. Rod has always been there to suggest and try new things. Many doctors in the past have given up on me after the medication they normally use on patients with my disorders didn't work, but he continued to try different things to help me live happiliy again. Now I can say with minimal medication, an active lifestyle, and Dr. Rods guidance, I am a happier person.

January 27th, 2014
The only place for no PAWS Opiate Detox, this is the ONLY place period!!!
I was a hopeless Opiate addict of 7 years, living with the fear of withdrawl, having experienced PAWS, post acute withdrawl syndrome, knowing my future was going to be months of pure Misery. All my research about detox left me with the decision to do Rapid Detox, after talking to a few people online that did it, I soon realized it didn't work!! I became hopeless and suicidal! One night online I dug and dug, I find The Phoenix Program, mydrugdetox.com. It made claims of detoxing an Opiate addict in 3 days and no long drawn out PAWS, I thought right, no way, so, hesitant as I was, I called the 800 number, a guy Brian answers, after asking the questions, he insisted 3 days and out, well, I thought what have I got to lose, I'm a dead man anyway. I leave Houston Texas on my pilgrimage to Delray Beach Fla. I'm running out of characters for this review, so here it goes, I'M FREE,FREE, FREE INDEED!! A BLOODY MIRACLE!! NO P.A.W.S. This Dr. through Chemistry did it, PRAISE GOD !!!

May 25th, 2013
Dr Rod knows what he is doing
I have been to so many shrinks before Dr Rod that spend like 5 minutes with you and then throw pills at you. He took over an hour with me to really listen to me and get the full story. He really seems to care and I really think he understands me. His treatment worked really well and I think that it had to do with just that he took the time to figure me out. I called him at night once and he actually called me back.

November 15th, 2012
The Best
I found Dr. Rodriguez at a very bad time in my life. If it was not for him, I would not be writing this review right now. Dr. R. is a very caring doctor and does not pass judgement. I urge anyone that has a disorder to see Dr. Rodriguez. I can guarantee you that he provides long term support and doesn't throw you out after 2 weeks like most rehab centers that put you back out to fail. He is not the cheapest doctor in town, but if you want to put a price on your life, GOOD LUCK. I have been his patient for the past 4 years, and he has become someone that I trust with my life, and continues to provide positive support.