Dr. Raul Rosenthal Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Raul Rosenthal?

April 30th, 2015

Dr Rosenthal is the most amazing surgeon. He is super intelligent, caring and compassionate. I was so blessed to find him.

January 19th, 2015

Very disappointing

I recently cancelled a much needed hiatal hernia surgery, in addition to a second intestinal pouch surgery, because I could get little cooperation from Dr. Rosenthal, his "office manager", Carol, or other staff members. I was driving over 4 hours to get to Cleveland Clinic. Many of the people at the check-in desks wouldn't even look at me, just asked for my insurance card and ID, and if I was given instructions by the professional staff to tell them, they wanted to question the instructions, basically telling me I was making them up. Due to the weather, I was late for my first appointment and the check-in staff didn't want to let me see the doctor, even though I had been told as long as I was there by 5 p.m., he would see me. They made no effort to check, until I insisted they do so. I left multiple messages with his "office manager" and she never returned my calls. I had questions I needed answered, outside of surgical questions, due to the distance I had to travel and arrangements I needed to make as I was driving myself to the hospital. When I tried to tell Dr. Rosenthal about her rudeness the one and only time I had spoken with her and her failure to return calls and an email from my POA, he assured me it was "just a misunderstanding", that she had been with him for 15 years and he trusted her. Trust that is misplaced. One of his staff members told me this was not the first time this had happened. Eventually, I was able to speak with his nurse, Karen, and she said she would contact Carol to advise her of my concerns and she (Karen) would call me back the next day. She didn't, nor did anyone else. A couple of days later, I got 4 phone calls between 9:15 a.m. and 10 a.m. I don't usually answer my phone before noon, but I thought someone must need to speak with me. So I picked up the 4th call on the 2nd ring at 10 a.m. The person immediately hung up on me. When I checked my caller ID, I found all 4 of those calls had been made from Cleveland Clinic and one of them had gone through to my answering machine with no message left. How childish! After I answered the call at 10 a.m., no more calls were received from Cleveland Clinic. I called them twice to ensure they knew I was cancelling my surgery and why---because of Carol's lack of professionalism and their overall lack of concern for my health and wellbeing. I am now seeking professional care closer to home for my ever increasing hernia and intestinal pouch, hoping neither one of them rupture, which Dr. Rosenthal failed to tell me, before I can find a qualified doctor to fix them. I am sleeping sitting up and having difficulty eating and sleeping without having major reflux, despite medication to control it. When I spoke with the Ombudsman's office, they contacted Carol and bought the story she was selling. I only hope no one, including myself, comes to harm because Dr. Rosenthal fails to heed the complaints he is hearing about his Office Manager and his failure to pay closer attention to his patients.

August 6th, 2014

I WRITE FROM MEXICO

July 2nd, 2013

Terrible Follow Up

Terrible follow up after visit. He spent less than 5 minutes with us after we drove an hour and a half to see him. Sent us for tests and then did not follow up. Three phone calls later and we're still waiting to hear back from someone - anyone. Unbelievable that no one can pick up the phone to even say "we don't have your results back yet but we'll call you as soon as we have them". Surely hope my situation does not result in a life threatening situation.

June 20th, 2013

Talented but no bedside manner

He's a very talented doctor but a little over confident in his abilities and it shows in his bedside manner. My husband had a surgery performed by Dr. Rosenthal and the results were wonderful cosmetically but his mannerisms and bedside manner are terrible. Yes he smiles and likes to tell jokes but he is quick to dismiss you and has no time to answer questions. Our most recent follow up visit he spent less than 5 minutes with us and told my husband that unless he was in pain or had visible complications there is nothing he can do for him. We drove almost 2 hours for this appointment only to be dismissed without a thought. So little care to explain what my husband might be feeling and why. Thankfully his righthand man was able to spend time with us and explain what might be going on. If you're looking for someone talented, yes is your guy but if you want to ask questions, understand your situation or expect some kind of follow up from your doctor - this is not the guy for you.

July 13th, 2012

Awful

He is not the Dr. to use. He is awful

August 30th, 2011

Wonderful!

He is great, no regrets at all. He has a wonderful staff and team working with him. I had a sleeve four month ago and no complaints, he definitely changed my life!

November 20th, 2009

Dr. Rosenthal gave me back my life.

Dr. Rosenthal is surrounded by an excellent team of assistants, nurses, nutritionists, psychologists, etc. so his primary role is to operate on you and he does a great job!I saw his for about 15 min during the initial consult, then a few minutes before RNY sugery and have not seen him since.However, there were no complications post-op, and the other members of his awesome team have kept a close eye on my progress.I was out shopping five days post-op, back to work in three weeks and have not lost any time at work since. I have been feeling strong, light and rejuvenated since the surgery.Couldn't have asked for a better outcome.

August 10th, 2017