Dr. Raul Soto-Acosta Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Raul Soto-Acosta?

March 24th, 2017

I am so dissapointed and upset

I have been a patient there for 8 years... never had a problem (besides the long waits). I saw Maryanne and loved her. My problems began when Maryanne left and Charlie came in. I have had the same diagnosis my whole life, generalized anxiety disorder and ADD. Within five minutes of meeting me, Charlie somehow determined that I had neither. Over the next four visits, he gave me three new diagnosis's, all which I truly believe I don't have. He diagnosed me on a mobile APP with literally five questions! He concluded that I was bipolar because sometimes I get excited about shopping and spend too much money.... if that is the case then pretty much every woman is bipolar! He was unwilling to listen to my concerns and kept pushing me to try drug after drug. Some of these drugs had horrific side affects like "life threatning rash".... no thanks! He wanted me to take anti seizure medicine (I don't have seizures) blood pressure medicine (my blood pressure is fine) and a long list of others. He finally convinced me to change up my medication some and assured me he would only be a phone call away. The new medicine resulted in horrible side effects and I called him for a week with no response. I couldn't sleep for three days because of this medicine and he didn't return my calls or texts. This last visit was my breaking point. Charlie asked if too much caffiene makes me jittery. When I said yes, he told me that I didn't have ADD. He said stimulants have the opposite effect on people with ADD.... While I am sure this is the case for some, it is not for all. He justified it by telling me that he has ADD and Adderall puts him to sleep. I have been diagnosed with ADD since I was in elementary school! I know that I have it. He told me that he wanted to put me on Seroquil to help me sleep. When I looked the medication up, it said it was for schizophrenia and had nothing to do with sleep aid. It also has so many bad side affects that most doctors won't prescribe it anymore. I told him that I would like to talk to Dr. Soto. He told me that we could talk to him together in an hour. When I came back, Dr. Soto was gone. The receptionist told me that Dr. Soto "had talked to Charlie about me between patients" and supported what he said. When I told her that I was promised an appointment and had waited over an hour to see him, she said "he decided that he had to go home". I told her to keep the prescription for Seroquil and walked out.... I'll be finding a new doctor. I cannot believe how I was treated and the complete disregard and lack of respect that he had for a loyal patient of eight years. I have always thought that Dr. Soto was just there for the paycheck.... he's there like two hours a day (late in the afternoon) and then leaves. I went because I liked Maryanne. I have been on a steady and established treatment plan pretty much my whole life that has only helped me. When Charlie came to the practice, he decided (for what reason I don't know) that he needed to change things. I trusted him because I thought he was a professional. Thank God I did my own research on the drugs he wanted me to try. If you feel like being a guinea pig and having your brain chemistry flipped upsidown and all around, go to Charlie- he will make it happen. If not, find yourself a real doctor.

November 21st, 2016

Been going there over two years, staff always courtesy and professional.

October 19th, 2016

above and beyond

I love the staff. there is no waiting for your appointment. They have always been on time. They spend their time with you. They listen and actually hear you. They never rush you out the door and spend quality time with you. they are very responsive to calls and the staff is wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Raul Soto-Acosta.

October 13th, 2016

Excellent.

Kind, Caring, and listens.

May 25th, 2015

Great doc

Ive been a patient of Dr. Soto Acosta's for ten years now. He is really great to talk to, and has helped me with my bi polar disorder, and depression.

October 10th, 2017