Dr. Raveen Mehendru MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.8

February 2nd, 2015
I found Dr. Mehendru to be very accommodating in-spite of my inability to keep regular appointments due to the depression and memory loss I suffered. What I found most helpful was the feeling that he was working WITH me not directing or ordering me. Our only disagreement was when I wanted to complete the last 2 of 6 ECT sessions on an outpatient basis rather than inpatient. I opted discharge and foregoing the last 2 sessions.

June 8th, 2014
I had a terrible experience with this doctor when I was in the IOL. He spent all of 15 minutes with me for the 6 days I was there and did nothing productive. I was sent to the facility on a PEC for suicidal ideation. When I inquired about getting probate form PC 802 to request a hearing with a probate judge he told me that if I filled out the form he would have to keep me there longer. I had to have an attorney come to the facility with forms as the facility would not give them to me. Imagine that once they attorney showed uo the staff magically appeared with the forms and told me I was going to be discharged the next day. What a coincidence! The IOL staff was equally as bad, condescending nurses, a social worker who made assumptions and treated me with little respect. All I can say is thank God I have friends who are lawyers and showed up and called on the day of discharge to make sure that I was being discharged when they said I would be. I shutter to think of what would have happened to me with the intervention of attorneys.

August 11th, 2013
Terrible Doctor, Terrible Person
The majority of the rating questions do not apply as this was a treatment center. Dr. Mehendru would make a better prison warden than a doctor. I was at the Institute of Living following an extensive and live changing illness which obliterated my career and lifestyle, my 20 year marriage was about to end in divorce and I'd just attempted suicide. Dr. Mehendru simply berated me for abusing pain medication. I only wish that had been my only problem. This woman was completely clueless. Thank goodness I am now three years out from that terrible experience and fully recovered from my depression and my "addiction". I feel sorry for anyone that has to have Mehendru as a physician - she's heartless.