inactive

Ravi K Bashyal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 7th, 2016
Wife, Mom, Grandma, Sister, Friend
Dr. B was so informative, straight forward, spoke in layman terms, and general just a kind, caring doctor. My worries are few, he has my back...or should I say knee!!!

September 5th, 2016
Simply the best!
I have never met a surgeon or any other type of physician quite like Dr. Bashyal. Without a doubt, the kindest, most informative Doctor I have ever had the pleasure of interacting with. I knew that I needed a hip replacement. I have been putting it off for years due to my fears about the operation. I met with Dr. Bashyal and his team, and without feeling any sort of pressure to do the surgery, he completely calmed me down and explained exactly what was going to happen and what he was going to do. It has now been only one week since my minimally invasive total hip replacement surgery. I cannot believe how well I am doing. I'm literally shocked at how easy this is been, and my only regret is not doing it sooner! I have had no pain since surgery - his minimally invasive approach really works! I'm already back to work, walking around with no assistive device, and I am getting back into bike riding and other sport types of activities. A great surgeon in terms of his technical skill, but also just a nice human being who really knows how to connect with you. Thank you Dr. B for taking such good care of me, this has really given me a new lease on life!

August 21st, 2016
the best for hip replacement (and knees too!)
I'd been to 3 other orthopedic surgeons to see who was going to do my hip replacement. I thought I had settled on one when my friend (who had a double hip replacement 6 weeks apart from Dr. Bashyal) and his wife (a knee replacement from Dr. Bashyal) insisted I go see him. I'm so glad I did. To echo what others have said, I have never had such an excellent doctor to patient connection. He is a genuinely nice guy who cares about you. But aside from that, he is a great surgeon. He told me he does about 500 hip and knee replacements every year, and now I know why - he is the best! I had my total hip replacement on a friday morning. By Friday afternoon I was walking around the hospital floor. Saturday morning, I went home. Other than a little the first night, I have had NO pain! It's been 2 months since my operation, and I can't believe how much better my hip feels. I haven't been able to walk 18 holes of golf in 5 years. I just played my 5th round since surgery today (and it made me want to go online and write this review) He is the best. If you need a hip or knee replacement, go see him, simple as that. A friend recently passed along a Chicago Tribune article about him doing knees on former professional athletes - you can google it to see it.

April 8th, 2016
Great job!
I echo everything that has been said about Dr. Bashyal --- he's terrific. Two pieces of advice for hip patients: 1. fully discuss leg length expectations and realities before surgery; there is a range for "normal" discrepancies and it helps to know ahead of time; 2. go for as much in-patient rehab as you can. I had two weeks and it was wonderful. Two to three hours of therapy every day, lots of people to help you understand all the changes that are occurring in your body every day, and lots of support, assistance with pain management and withdrawal -- it was the right thing for me and I encourage others to strongly consider it.

March 24th, 2016
Dr. Bashyal, office staff was very professional as well the Dr. My husband was very nervous Dr.Bashal spend extra time with him explaining the xrays and what was the next steps for him . I want to thank him n his staff for there wonderful service. .

February 26th, 2016
Minimally invasive total hip replacement done 3 weeks ago, am already back to work and all activities, couldn't be happier

January 24th, 2016
total knee replacement star
I wholeheartedly agree with the positive reviews here. I run my own auto body shop, and have had worn out knees for a while. I have seen 3-4 other surgeons in the past few years and knew I needed a knee replacement. An employee of mine that had his surgery with Dr bashyal told me I "had to" go see his doc cause he was the best....and he was right. Dr. Bashyal spent time with e and did a great job on the surgery. He also was kind and has a great sense of humor.,

January 23rd, 2016
Simply Put: THE BEST
This may end up being long winded, and I'm not the type to write reviews, but I have been so happy with Dr. Basyal's care that I feel compelled to share. I have had two arthritic hips for many years. I knew hip replacement was in my future. As the father of two doctors (an anesthesiologist and an ortho surgeon specializing in back surgery), I knew the importance of doing my research, and finding the right surgeon for me. I started with my kids, who both work in the north shore area of chicago. Interestingly, the both had Dr. Bashyal at the top of their list. They both said his reputation for great surgery and excellent bedside manner was well known in Chicago, Both had seen the results of his work in some of the patients they cared for, and in fact, my daughter (the anesthesiologist) had actually seen him in surgery when she was a resident rotating through his hospital. The kids both said that his technical expertise was top notch. My next step was talking with some of my friends who had been operated on by Dr. bashyal. They all had the same basic things to say: amazingly fast recovery, no more pain, and a great experience. of the folks I spoke with 3 had knee replacements with Dr. bashyal, and 2 had hips. So I finally made my appointment to see him. The wait was short and his staff were polite, and helpful. Dr. bashyal then came in and spent more than enough time with me. I'm the type of guy that has a million questions, and he patiently sat and answered them all in detail, and with interest. You could tell that he really loves what he does and has a passion for it. Surgery day was something that I was anxious about, but ready for after spending my time with him. (only downside was that I had to wait 6 weeks since he books out a bit). The surgery itself was really no big deal. My family told me he came to let them know he was done after about 45 minutes! I was awake, and up and walking with the physical therapist (Kelly, she was the BEST!) by 1030AM (I was the first surgery of the day for him). I have always been an impatient and active person. I'm retired now, but still take that approach with my activities, especially biking and golfing. It has been 4 weeks since my surgery. And I am back to doing everything. Pain free in my operated hip. Really, the only thing holding me back is my other hip, which I just called to put on the schedule in about 6 weeks from now, Everything about this Dr, is top notch. He made me feel so comfortable, and took such good care of me. I no longer have pain, and only wish I had done this sooner! Thanks Dr. Bashyal and team for getting me back to who I am again, I could not be happier!

January 18th, 2016
the best!
Just had my minimally invasive total knee from Dr. Bashyal, 1 week since surgery, no pain, and I'm already back to everything! Great surgeon, and a really nice person who takes time to talk to his patients

October 8th, 2015
minimally invasive surgery
Spectacular experience. Dr. Bashyal saw me as a second opinion. I was told I needed a hip replacement, and was interested in "minimally invasive" options. Dr. Bashyal and his team spent a ton of time with me. I am so glad I decided to go with him - it has only been 3 weeks since my hip replacement, I have no pain, and am doing everything I have been wanting to do for years, but couldn't because of my hip pain!

September 27th, 2015
Amazing!
Amazing doctor. He did a minimally invasive total knee on my husband. And a minimally invasive total hip on me. We are both doing so well, we're finally able to do all the things that we wanted to do. He is such a gentleman, and an amazing surgeon.

July 8th, 2015
Simply the best!
I saw Dr. Bashyal as a second opinion for my hip. The first doctor I saw spent almost no time with me, and didn't explain a thing. One of my close friends had two successful knee replacement surgeries with Dr. Bashyal told me I absolutely had to see him. When I saw Dr. Bashyal, he took the time to explain the whole procedure to me, and go over my rehab etc. I had a minimally invasive hip replacement with Dr. Bashyal 6 weeks ago, and my results have been nothing short of phenomenal. I was walking the SAME DAY as my operation, and went home the next day. By one week, I had no pain. By two weeks I was back to all my daily activities. At six weeks, I am back to regular golf and tennis. It has be amazing. Beyond the actual operation, Dr. Bashyal and his whole team are kind, prepared, and go out of their way to help and answer questions. I am so happy I found him, and have told everyone I know who needs a hip or knee done to go see him. Simply put, he is the BEST!