Attending Orthopaedic Surgeon with Expertise in Minimally Invasive Hip and Knee Replacement, and Clinical Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery (University of Chicago Pritzker School of Medicine

by Bill on Sep 10th, 2014

I have had a very good experience with Dr. Bashyal. I am a 54 year old active male that, probably through lots of soccer and tennis, needed a total hip replacement on my left side.12 weeks after surgery i was back on the tennis court and playing doubles competitively. Dr. Bashyal has a great manner. He is easy to talk to, explains the options, a genuinely nice very smart guy that doesn't seem to possess the superego that inflicts so many surgeons. Everything went as he told me it would-time in hospital and time till full recovery. If i ever need my right hip done, I wouldn't hesitate to use him. Just two small complaints-firstly,on my first two appointments I was left waiting in the room a long time . I think this happens because he gives his patients as much time as they need, but if you are the the one waiting its frustrating. I resolved this by always booking the first appointment of the day.Secondly, he tended to downplay a bit the need to go to a rehab facility following surgery. If your insurance will cover it, I strongly recommend you do so. I don't think my outcome would have been so good or quick without the proper rehab. In summary, I was very pleased with my decision to go with Dr. Bashyal.

One Hip Done, One to Go show details One Hip Done, One to Go
by Jon Bach on Jun 4th, 2013

Dr. Bashyal put my mind at ease. He has an easy going, reassuring and descriptive nature. No question was below him. He answered all of my questions prior to surgery - the surgery went well - the rehab is going well. After two weeks, he said I'm where most patients are after six weeks - but he stressed I must take the proper amount of time and care to remain on track. I was REALLY stressed out about getting my hip replaced, as I have to get my other one done in 18-24 months. Dr. Bashyal has removed any worries about my other hip now. I HIGHLY recommend him. He's also got a sense of humor - something that resonates with me big time. I use humor to get through tough times.

Thoughtful, Approachable, Excellent Surgeon show details Thoughtful, Approachable, Excellent Surgeon
by Dr Ravi K Bashyal on Apr 24th, 2013

After seeing three orthopedic surgeons for opinions,my husband and I both put our trust and knees in Dr Bashyal's skilled hands. We were not disappointed. We recommend him to our friends. Carol and Jerry PS He has a good support team.

Great doc! show details Great doc!
Jun 29th, 2012

Wonderful. Took the time to explain everything in detail, and was very knowledgeable.

wonderful show details wonderful
May 14th, 2012

really took the time to explain everything to me - so glad I found him!

awesome show details awesome
Sep 20th, 2011

great guy

Jun 24th, 2011

great experience!

awesome show details awesome
by Anne P on Jun 11th, 2011

I saw Dr. Bashyal last week. What a great young surgeon. amazing credentials, but really took the time to explain my surgery to me, and did a great job. Two of my friends have had their hips/knees done by him, and had similar great experiences, and are now doing great! So glad I found him!

Great Doctor show details Great Doctor
by Dan on May 4th, 2008

Dr. Bashyal is a true gentleman. Great bedside manner, extremely intelligent, and very skilled.