Orthopedic Surgeons

1000 Central St
Ste 880
Evanston, IL 60201
847-570-2825
Locations and availability (5)

|  show details
by Bill on Sep 10th, 2014

I have had a very good experience with Dr. Bashyal. I am a 54 year old active male that, probably through lots of soccer and tennis, needed a total hip replacement on my left side.12 weeks after surgery i was back on the tennis court and playing doubles competitively. Dr. Bashyal has a great manner. He is easy to talk to, explains the options, a genuinely nice very smart guy that doesn't seem to possess the superego that inflicts so many surgeons. Everything went as he told me it would-time in hospital and time till full recovery. If i ever need my right hip done, I wouldn't hesitate to use him. Just two small complaints-firstly,on my first two appointments I was left waiting in the room a long time . I think this happens because he gives his patients as much time as they need, but if you are the the one waiting its frustrating. I resolved this by always booking the first appointment of the day.Secondly, he tended to downplay a bit the need to go to a rehab facility following surgery. If your insurance will cover it, I strongly recommend you do so. I don't think my outcome would have been so good or quick without the proper rehab. In summary, I was very pleased with my decision to go with Dr. Bashyal.

|  Great surgeon, great person!  |  show details
by JA on Aug 28th, 2013

My experience with Dr. Bashyal was nothing short of amazing. I had seen several other ortho docs who told me I "needed" a knee replacement, but nothing more - no explanation, no details etc. I went to see Dr. Bashyal for another opinion. He did a wonderful job taking the time to EXPLAIN my condition, from going over the X-rays, to using models and diagrams to help educate me. I elected to try "gel" shots, and had some initial relief with these. Fast forward 6 months, the injections weren't helping anymore, and I wanted to know what I could do to fix the problem more permanently. Again, Dr. Bashyal and his staff went through all the details with me regarding total knee replacement. I had my knee replacement done 2 months ago, and my only regret is not doing it sooner! Within 2 weeks I was back at my desk, not using a cane, and with almost no pain. By my second post-op visit, I had no pain, and was back to doing all the activities I wanted. My PT (physical therapist) has complimented me on how small my scar is, and how quick I have gotten back to my activities - she says I'm one of the fastest she' ever seen! I really appreciated the info Dr. Bashyal gave me - he made me feel like I was worth his time, and I am also thankful for his surgical skill and getting me back to life!

|  One Hip Done, One to Go  |  show details
by Jon Bach on Jun 4th, 2013

Dr. Bashyal put my mind at ease. He has an easy going, reassuring and descriptive nature. No question was below him. He answered all of my questions prior to surgery - the surgery went well - the rehab is going well. After two weeks, he said I'm where most patients are after six weeks - but he stressed I must take the proper amount of time and care to remain on track. I was REALLY stressed out about getting my hip replaced, as I have to get my other one done in 18-24 months. Dr. Bashyal has removed any worries about my other hip now. I HIGHLY recommend him. He's also got a sense of humor - something that resonates with me big time. I use humor to get through tough times.

|  Thoughtful, Approachable, Excellent Surgeon  |  show details
by Dr Ravi K Bashyal on Apr 24th, 2013

After seeing three orthopedic surgeons for opinions,my husband and I both put our trust and knees in Dr Bashyal's skilled hands. We were not disappointed. We recommend him to our friends. Carol and Jerry PS He has a good support team.

|  Great doc!  |  show details
Jun 29th, 2012

Wonderful. Took the time to explain everything in detail, and was very knowledgeable.

|  wonderful  |  show details
May 14th, 2012

really took the time to explain everything to me - so glad I found him!

|  awesome  |  show details
Sep 20th, 2011

great guy

|  show details
Jun 24th, 2011

great experience!

|  awesome  |  show details
by Anne P on Jun 11th, 2011

I saw Dr. Bashyal last week. What a great young surgeon. amazing credentials, but really took the time to explain my surgery to me, and did a great job. Two of my friends have had their hips/knees done by him, and had similar great experiences, and are now doing great! So glad I found him!

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Dan on May 4th, 2008

Dr. Bashyal is a true gentleman. Great bedside manner, extremely intelligent, and very skilled.