Dr. Ravi Iyer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.2
  • 7 reviews

August 30th, 2016
Dr. Iyer do not have any Courteous behavior with his patients. He literally yells at his patients. I would not recommend this doctor to anyone.I would not visit him again

October 16th, 2014
Won't Recommend
I visited this doctor las year..never seen a doctor in that rush before..he barely spent 2 mins with me... he was rude as well. I was having some fungal infection in my skin and i explained him the whole situation that it's a chronic and I have already seen few doctors before whose prescritpion worked but it was not healed permanently. Without even analyzing the symptoms he took a piece of paper (unofficial) and wrote an on counter medicine for fungal infection which anyone could have used as first aid before consulting the doc. The strange part was when i looked into my health insurance account he charged my insurance company around $350 for spending two minutes with me. And yes he gave me next appointment next week it self which I cancelled.

July 27th, 2013
Best Doctor EVER!
I think Dr. Iyer is excellent. I am in my early 30's and have seen Dr. Iyer since I was 23. I am thrilled with his bedside manner. Dr. Iyer ALWAYS takes the time to talk about EVERY concern I have in depth. My favorite part about him is he respects my choice to always try helping and curing my ailments with very little medicines. He gives me CHOICE between prescriptions and homeopathic remedies. Granted, I am fairly healthy, so there has never been the need for serious medicines or surgeries, but it is great to be truly listened to. As for the office, I love that I can call up when I am truely getting ill and there is ALWAYS room for me if I am patient in the waiting room. I will take that ANYDAY! I am a school teacher, so although my tolerance is pretty high for colds and light sicknesses, Dr. Iyer always makes me feel like my concern is a priority.

April 9th, 2013
Relative of an elderly patient
All ZERO rating. Ravi Iyer is a pallative doctor who will convince your family to put your elderly relative to a hospice care and will scare you to death his diagnosis inaccurately that your relative will live for only a week which is absolutely wrong. He is not an honest doctor and will never recommend to anybody. In order to submit this review it is required to put one * but the actual rating is 0000. ZERO ZERO ZERO.

July 17th, 2012
Excellent Doctor & Staff
I found this doctor and staff caring, thorough, compassionate and very meticulous. The doctor personally calls you back with all the lab results within 5-7 days. If any labs are abnormal then he prefers you to return for follow-up management but otherwise I did not feel pressured by this office. The fact that Dr. Iyer is Chairman of the Dept. of Medicine at Reston Hospital also made me feel better about the quality of advice I was getting. Definitely would recommend this clinic to anyone.

July 2nd, 2012
Good Physician
Dr. Iyer is very good. He diagnosis and treatment plans are optimal and effective and he has a wholistic approach. My entire immediate and extended family have chosen him as the primary phycisian.

June 12th, 2009
Ravi Iyar is not a doctor.
According to me he is not a doctor, he is a Professional money maker.He is a Egoist person, never answer any question properly. He never spends time more than 1 minute and never listens. But he will try to give you an appointment every week to make more money.