Dr. Ravi Iyer, MD
Internist, Preventive Medicine, General Practitioner
Video profile

Some ratings provided by Practice Fusion. Yahoo. DrScore.
Nov 4th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Was here for a Flu Shot...........Nurse Rekha has a soft touch!! I hate needles, but she was nice & gentle. Thank you, Ms. Rekha!

Nov 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Iler visited with my ailing Mother at Sunrise at Hunter Mill even though he was not yet her primary doctor. We are eternally grateful for his helpful assistance before making his rounds.

Nov 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Iyer is the most competent and empathetic medical doctor I have ever encountered. I have recommended him to several friends and those that have had appointments with him have always been impressed.

Oct 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I always get complete attention from the doctor. And his referrals are very good doctors. I got the best referrals in my last 3 visits. Would recommend Dr. Iyer to my family and Friends

Oct 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Iyer and his staff the best always ready to help convenient location & hours and the best staff Love them all they are part of the family

Oct 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Best family doctor ever, patient's health comes wayyyyy first then money for him. He doesn't solely believe in chemical medication, in fact he is a perfect combination of aromatic and allopathic physician.

Oct 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Iyer addressed all my mother's concerns patiently and with a lot of humor! He scolded my mother for taking medication she shouldn't have, but more like the concern of a family member than chastisement! He puts her at ease by speaking to her in Tamil!

Oct 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great, I always feel comfortable when i go.

Oct 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

As a retired healthcare prof. myself, I have come to trust any advice I get during each visit-every rx or suggestion rec'd. has worked out well. Secondly, there is always a feeling of harmony in the office;they are Professionals who compliment each other.

Oct 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.Ravi Iyer is very experienced and and friendly and addresses all our concerns to the point. I would defintely recommend him to my close friends

Oct 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

over all good

Oct 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

over all good

Won't Recommend show details Won't Recommend
Oct 16th, 2014

I visited this doctor las year..never seen a doctor in that rush before..he barely spent 2 mins with me... he was rude as well. I was having some fungal infection in my skin and i explained him the whole situation that it's a chronic and I have already seen few doctors before whose prescritpion worked but it was not healed permanently. Without even analyzing the symptoms he took a piece of paper (unofficial) and wrote an on counter medicine for fungal infection which anyone could have used as first aid before consulting the doc. The strange part was when i looked into my health insurance account he charged my insurance company around $350 for spending two minutes with me. And yes he gave me next appointment next week it self which I cancelled.

Oct 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I feel that she shouldn't be talking about my financial situation with how I'm in arrears out loud. I know you don't have a choice since it is a small waiting room, but show some some respect for the person who you're talking to by lowering your voice.

Oct 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

very thorough.

Oct 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent care from Dr. Iyer and his dedicated staff.

Oct 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have Dr. Iyer as my Physician for the last 6 years and, today almost at age 72, I am having much better health compared to 2008. His diagnosis, treatment and advice enabled me to achieve this although I have multiple chronic diseases.

Sep 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thank you very much!

Sep 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

First of all, staff working there is totally illiterate and they have problem understanding simple English. At the time of visit they something and you get billed for something else. I just went for preventive care and I ended up paying 700$ from pocket

Sep 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Iyer is the best doctor I have been to. I highly recommend him to everyone I know.

Sep 23rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Iyer takes a holistic approach to helping me improve my health. He takes the time to understand all variables impacting my health and addresses these as a counselor rather than just writing prescriptions or ordering more tests.

Sep 20th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Iyer & his staff are very caring and super responsive to all concerns. They respond promptly & thoroughly to all inquiries. Best interactions I have ever had with any healthcare professionals ever.

Sep 11th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Ravi is really a great doctor and remembers most of the issues you have. Does not depend on the written history though uses is when required.

Sep 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Met doctor Iyer for first time. Had to wait about 40 mins. Guessing this is because I was first time patient. He was courteous and also helped address some of my concerns with regards to the prescriptions.

Sep 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The personal care provided by Dr Ravi is exceptional and hard to find elsewhere.

Aug 21st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I think the first appointment was first rate.

Aug 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very clear diagnosis and excellent explanation for possible treatment.

Aug 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

He was informative, he smiled, and he appeared confident. These are all pluses in my book! I'll visit again and will recommend Dr. Iyer.. My 1 critique would be to work on responsive listening. I was aware Dr. Iyer heard me but he seemed short/rushed.

Aug 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Iyer puts my mother at ease by speaking to her in Tamil - the language she's most familiar & comfortable with. He has a great sense of humour & spends time addressing concerns. The fact that most things can be done online is a HUGE PLUS!!!

Jul 26th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Ravi Iyer is an office. He is not a doctor anymore. He keeps changing the doctors who examine the patients. This does not mean Ravi Iyer is better than his interns. He mis diagnosed my viral infection as Chickenpox and allergic cough as Asthma.

Jul 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

It is always good to see Dr. Iyer or/and his very dedicated staff. They give excellent treatment and listen to the patient's all complaints and address each of them without asking the patient to come on a different day. Good team of medical staff.

Jul 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

When scheduling the appt I was NOT told that Dr. Iyer was NOT available, so imagine my surprise when I am seen by a RNP and when I asked her to see Dr. Iyer, she said he was in a 'meeting' Is that how you care for your patients, Dr. Iyer?

Jul 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Simply excellent service and treating like a family member.

Jun 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

HE's my Dr for 10 years, I've always been very happy with him. Very friendly, approachable, and listens to you - which is a plus. Get appointment on short notice. Switching my children to him, now they are older.

Jun 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thank you.

Jun 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Iyer probably saved my life again. His diagnostic skills are unparalleled.

Jun 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very professional and thorough. Explains everything well. Definitely sticking with Dr. Iyer.

Jun 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

my sciatica issue was addressed properly and the doctor recommended a procedure for me to follow for the next three weeks.

May 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Iyer manages a very efficient practice. His employees are friendly, helpful and knowledgeable. His medical staff has exceptional listening and communication skills. His entire staff- administrative, support and medical- like what they are doing.

May 28th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Office staff are friendly, fast and professional! Wonderful experience. Thank you!

May 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The staff and the doctor are very friendly and their service provided are excellent.They addressed all our concerns and issues with patience. He is highly skilled and experienced. I would definitely recommend Dr.Ravi Iyer for my friends . uma

May 22nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Awesome in one word !!!

May 10th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr. Iyer is very knowledgeable about the challenges of caring for an elderly parent. When my 85-year-old mom fell ill, he took good care of her, was very gentle, diagnosed her illness, and most importantly, arranged for in-home follow-up medical care.

May 8th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent.

May 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Plan to make him my primary care physician.

May 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The staff at Dr. Iyer's office are always very professional and friendly. They actually seem to CARE. Don't let the no frills office fool you--you don't need a fancy office to provide great patient care. p.s. The phlebotomist has such a tender touch!

Apr 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

As always - happy with Dr. Iyer's quick and accurate diagnosis efficient treatment. Highly recommended!

Apr 19th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This was first time going to Dr. Iyer. The staff was very caring about my needs and concerns, and they were very nice and easy to talk to about all my concerns. After two year in Virginia, I strongly believe I have a doctor now.

Apr 18th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thank you.

Apr 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Iyer cares for his patients and that helps a lot I feel comfortable going to him.

Apr 17th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

As a physician myself, I know what good medicine consists of and choose Dr. Iyer.

Apr 14th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Very Tech savvy and very knowledgeable and professional in his field of expertise. I will recommend him to my closest friends in need of a PCP. Dr Ravi Ramamoorthy Iyer is a Health care professional with very high ethical principles and very sincere.

Apr 7th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Excellent service by Dr. Iyer

Apr 6th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I was able to get an appointment the same day with Dr.Iyer . Today is the 3rd day since I started taking the medication prescribed by him and I feel much better now . Dr.Iyer is a well experienced physician and I am glad to recommend him for anybody .

overall good

Apr 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Keep up the outstanding customer service!!!

Apr 5th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Doctor should also listen to patient what/how they are feeling then answer/prescribe accordingly. Other wise doctor is good.

Apr 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Due to impending severe weather I moved my appt. up -office was accomodating. Dr.Iyer had a D.O. student w/ him-he supports med. students. I lack med.ins.,he is only Dr.so far who hasn't taken advantage by charging high rates-he is a Dr.for right reasons.

Mar 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

One of the nice doctors!

Mar 31st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Great doctor!

Mar 30th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This was a first visit so it is too new to rate. Thank you.

Mar 29th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Iyer is an exceptionally skillful and proficient physician and a kind person. He and his staff are very reliable and attentive to your needs.

Mar 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thanks Dr. Iyer. I have always liked the personalized treatment from Dr. Iyer. I love to see him and his staff, but it's better for my health if I don't see him that often. :)

Feb 13th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I had my blood test done on this day. I received the blood test results through phone, but did not get a copy of the lab results. It would be good, if you can send the lab results copy to my email.

Feb 12th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr.Iyer is consistantly pleasant, professional and efficient - a difficult combo.to maintain. He doesn't dawdle yet I never feel rushed and my concerns are addressed. Medicines he has prescribed have worked well-he has good instincts. He says "no" at x's.

Feb 3rd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

The Doc is good but only thing is that as a patient i had some questions which doctor did not give me a chance to ask those questions.He never asks "Do you have any questions or concerns" which is very important i feel for a patient to feel comfortable.

Jan 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Thanks for providing great care

Jan 25th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

always received excellent attention. will recommend Dr. Iyer to any one for the best medical attention and advise.

Jan 16th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I have always gotten excellent patient care by Dr. Iyer and his staff for the past 6 years.

Jan 15th, 2014 on patientfusion.com

This was my visit to see the doctor and it was a physical. While the counseling was good, I didn't get a complete physical examination. The doctor took about 5 minutes to finish the examination and give his comments.

Jan 2nd, 2014 on patientfusion.com

I tried to click 5 stars but it wouldn't let me. Everything deserves 5 stars! From the time that i entered to the time I left my first expierence was very pleasant! Dr. Ravi is friendly, professional and very knowledgeable! He is a great doctor!!!

Jan 1st, 2014 on patientfusion.com

Dr Iyer is extremely knowledgeable and has helped me solve two ailments that troubled me for several years.

Read Full Review at patientfusion.com
Best Doctor EVER! show details Best Doctor EVER!
by Ryan Erin Jeffers on Jul 27th, 2013

I think Dr. Iyer is excellent. I am in my early 30's and have seen Dr. Iyer since I was 23. I am thrilled with his bedside manner. Dr. Iyer ALWAYS takes the time to talk about EVERY concern I have in depth. My favorite part about him is he respects my choice to always try helping and curing my ailments with very little medicines. He gives me CHOICE between prescriptions and homeopathic remedies. Granted, I am fairly healthy, so there has never been the need for serious medicines or surgeries, but it is great to be truly listened to. As for the office, I love that I can call up when I am truely getting ill and there is ALWAYS room for me if I am patient in the waiting room. I will take that ANYDAY! I am a school teacher, so although my tolerance is pretty high for colds and light sicknesses, Dr. Iyer always makes me feel like my concern is a priority.

Relative of an elderly patient show details Relative of an elderly patient
Apr 9th, 2013

All ZERO rating. Ravi Iyer is a pallative doctor who will convince your family to put your elderly relative to a hospice care and will scare you to death his diagnosis inaccurately that your relative will live for only a week which is absolutely wrong. He is not an honest doctor and will never recommend to anybody. In order to submit this review it is required to put one * but the actual rating is 0000. ZERO ZERO ZERO.

Doctor's Response

We care for our patients literally from cradle to grave and we take this responsibility very seriously. We never give a definitive prognosis regarding life expectancy since the best that anyone can do is express such determinations as probabilities based upon what is known about the patients underling disease process. I am delighted in your case that Nature decided to prove the doctor wrong by giving your relative a longer life-span than estimated.

Completely Satisfied show details Completely Satisfied
Jul 28th, 2012

Dr. Iyer has been my personal physician for about eight years. I find him an excellent diagnostician and caring healer. John C. Scharfen

Doctor's Response

Thank you Mr. Scharfen. It is always a pleasure to see your smiling face when you come in!

Excellent Doctor & Staff show details Excellent Doctor & Staff
Jul 17th, 2012

I found this doctor and staff caring, thorough, compassionate and very meticulous. The doctor personally calls you back with all the lab results within 5-7 days. If any labs are abnormal then he prefers you to return for follow-up management but otherwise I did not feel pressured by this office. The fact that Dr. Iyer is Chairman of the Dept. of Medicine at Reston Hospital also made me feel better about the quality of advice I was getting. Definitely would recommend this clinic to anyone.

Thank you!

Good Physician show details Good Physician
Jul 2nd, 2012

Dr. Iyer is very good. He diagnosis and treatment plans are optimal and effective and he has a wholistic approach. My entire immediate and extended family have chosen him as the primary phycisian.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your appreciative comments. The fact that we were able to make a positiver contribution to you and your family is by far the greatest reward that we could earn. Thank you!

Ravi Iyar is not a doctor. show details Ravi Iyar is not a doctor.
by uncle sam on Jun 12th, 2009

According to me he is not a doctor, he is a Professional money maker.He is a Egoist person, never answer any question properly. He never spends time more than 1 minute and never listens. But he will try to give you an appointment every week to make more money.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you feel this way... it appears that your grievance may have been based upon our request that you return for followup management and health education of your ongoing health issues... These matters cannot be handled by phone. It is not fair to you and it is not proper healthcare.

Aug 13th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Complete disappointment: My wife and I have had a bad experience with this doctor's office for some time now. First of all the front desk staff is very rude and unpersonable.They says everything will cover under insurance, later you will get bill. If you

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Doctor's Response

Coverage of any medical care is the determination of the insurance that the patient carries. In all my years we always tell patiuents that we do not control or determine what is covered and can only say that such and such service is frequently covered by most insurances. The health policy unfortunately makes such determination and will sometimes deny coverage even after initially saying that something is covered. It is the policy of the Iyer Clinic to work closely with patient and their insurer to facilitate such issues but we do not control the outcome of coverage appeals.