Dr. Ravi Iyer, MD
21495 Ridgetop Cir
Ste 102
Sterling, VA 20166
703-404-5900
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo. DrScore.
 |  Best Doctor EVER!  |  show details
by Ryan Erin Jeffers on Jul 27th, 2013

I think Dr. Iyer is excellent. I am in my early 30's and have seen Dr. Iyer since I was 23. I am thrilled with his bedside manner. Dr. Iyer ALWAYS takes the time to talk about EVERY concern I have in depth. My favorite part about him is he respects my choice to always try helping and curing my ailments with very little medicines. He gives me CHOICE between prescriptions and homeopathic remedies. Granted, I am fairly healthy, so there has never been the need for serious medicines or surgeries, but it is great to be truly listened to. As for the office, I love that I can call up when I am truely getting ill and there is ALWAYS room for me if I am patient in the waiting room. I will take that ANYDAY! I am a school teacher, so although my tolerance is pretty high for colds and light sicknesses, Dr. Iyer always makes me feel like my concern is a priority.

|  Relative of an elderly patient  |  show details
Apr 9th, 2013

All ZERO rating. Ravi Iyer is a pallative doctor who will convince your family to put your elderly relative to a hospice care and will scare you to death his diagnosis inaccurately that your relative will live for only a week which is absolutely wrong. He is not an honest doctor and will never recommend to anybody. In order to submit this review it is required to put one * but the actual rating is 0000. ZERO ZERO ZERO.

Doctor's Response

We care for our patients literally from cradle to grave and we take this responsibility very seriously. We never give a definitive prognosis regarding life expectancy since the best that anyone can do is express such determinations as probabilities based upon what is known about the patients underling disease process. I am delighted in your case that Nature decided to prove the doctor wrong by giving your relative a longer life-span than estimated.

|  Completely Satisfied  |  show details
Jul 28th, 2012

Dr. Iyer has been my personal physician for about eight years. I find him an excellent diagnostician and caring healer. John C. Scharfen

Doctor's Response

Thank you Mr. Scharfen. It is always a pleasure to see your smiling face when you come in!

|  Excellent Doctor & Staff  |  show details
Jul 17th, 2012

I found this doctor and staff caring, thorough, compassionate and very meticulous. The doctor personally calls you back with all the lab results within 5-7 days. If any labs are abnormal then he prefers you to return for follow-up management but otherwise I did not feel pressured by this office. The fact that Dr. Iyer is Chairman of the Dept. of Medicine at Reston Hospital also made me feel better about the quality of advice I was getting. Definitely would recommend this clinic to anyone.

Thank you!

|  Good Physician  |  show details
Jul 2nd, 2012

Dr. Iyer is very good. He diagnosis and treatment plans are optimal and effective and he has a wholistic approach. My entire immediate and extended family have chosen him as the primary phycisian.

Doctor's Response

Thank you for your appreciative comments. The fact that we were able to make a positiver contribution to you and your family is by far the greatest reward that we could earn. Thank you!

|  Ravi Iyar is not a doctor.  |  show details
by uncle sam on Jun 12th, 2009

According to me he is not a doctor, he is a Professional money maker.He is a Egoist person, never answer any question properly. He never spends time more than 1 minute and never listens. But he will try to give you an appointment every week to make more money.

Doctor's Response

I am sorry you feel this way... it appears that your grievance may have been based upon our request that you return for followup management and health education of your ongoing health issues... These matters cannot be handled by phone. It is not fair to you and it is not proper healthcare.

|  show details
Aug 13th, 2007 on yahoo.com

Complete disappointment: My wife and I have had a bad experience with this doctor's office for some time now. First of all the front desk staff is very rude and unpersonable.They says everything will cover under insurance, later you will get bill. If you

Read Full Review at yahoo.com
Doctor's Response

Coverage of any medical care is the determination of the insurance that the patient carries. In all my years we always tell patiuents that we do not control or determine what is covered and can only say that such and such service is frequently covered by most insurances. The health policy unfortunately makes such determination and will sometimes deny coverage even after initially saying that something is covered. It is the policy of the Iyer Clinic to work closely with patient and their insurer to facilitate such issues but we do not control the outcome of coverage appeals.