Overall Review

June 26th, 2016
Painless Vasectomy (for real!!!)
I was shocked at how easy and painless my vasectomy was. I called on a Friday and made an appointment for Monday. Dr. Mootha and staff were just great. The procedure took about 15 min. He used a numbing injector instead of a needle. It is essentially painless feeling like a small rubber band hitting the skin. That was all the "pain" I had. I left 15 min later and figured the pain was coming. He gave me some Tylenol to take home which I took immediately. I repeated it four hours later. I stayed on the couch the rest of the day. When I woke up the next day I expected there to be some pain. But to my surprise there was no pain or swelling. I had a very slight soreness which I wondered if maybe was just in my mind. By the noon the next day I was out walking around the grocery store.The next day I resumed activity as normal. Just shocked at how little pain and how little downtime. I can't recommend Dr. Mootha enough!!!

February 22nd, 2016
Not up to date on TRT and prostate cancer

February 16th, 2016
Great Doctor
I had robotic surgery in 2011 and Dr. Mootha was great. The surgery went well and everything went just as he explained. Great beside manners. He takes the time with each patient and explains all questions that you may have for him. Very thorough and very detailed. Waiting time is minimal during office visits. Highly recommend.

December 30th, 2015
Great and personable urologist.
Saw Dr. Mootha recently for a vasectomy. I was able to schedule a consultation within a couple days, and my vasectomy was performed the same week. Dr. Mootha was very attentive and had a great bedside manner. He thoroughly answered all my questions, and ensured I was comfortable with the procedure before, during, and after. I would highly recommend Dr. Mootha!

December 11th, 2015
Excellent explanations and manner
Currently being treated by Dr Mootha. Sometimes have to wait in waiting area longer than I want but I guess that's why they call it a "waiting" area. Very good explanations of procedures and future steps. Because of ACA I may have to change since my insurance is leaving TX but that would be the only reason I would leave.

July 29th, 2015
Highly recommended
There was no "not applicable" for Accurate diagnosis, which is why I put 5 stars. Dr. Mootha and all of the staff at the clinic were fantastic. I went in for a single visit vasectomy, appointment was easily made though the hours were a little difficult for me personally. The day of the appointment I arrived, filled out a couple of forms, and went back in the room. Dr. Mootha explained the procedure, asked if I had any questions or concerns, then left to prep while I was left to prep. Another staff member came in and was very courteous and professional and prepped me (and the room) for the procedure. During the actual procedure Dr. Mootha was great at keeping my mind off of what was going on and making pleasant conversation, as well as making me aware of what would be happening next and what I should be feeling. The whole procedure took about 20-30 minutes. A week or so later I called with a question and they actually forwarded the message to Dr. Mootha himself, and I got a call back within about 15 minutes. He asked a few questions and gave me some instructions, saying to call the number I had previously called if his suggestions weren't effective. They were, and I didn't need to call again, but I was impressed that he called me back so quickly on his day off. A few months later everything checked out, and I've recommended him to people already. Excellent choice for a vasectomy.

July 19th, 2015
Fantastic Doctor
I scheduled with Dr. Mootha for a no needle, no scalpel vasectomy. This was my first visit with him, but he had good reviews, so I felt pretty comfortable. Upon meeting Dr Mootha and going over the procedure, I was totally at ease and trusted he would do a great job. It was quick, easy and effective and Dr Mootha was professional, courteous and efficient. I would definitely recommend him and will be using him in the future for any urology issues.

April 13th, 2015
Highly Recommended!
Excellent doctor and staff! I had a large kidney stone that required surgery. Dr. Mootha was able to get my surgery done within 24 hours of first seeing him. He and his staff were very accomodating and the surgery went great. I would highly recommend him.

March 31st, 2015
Excellent doctor
I selected Dr. Mootha after doing extensive research. He was very friendly and professional. I had the vasectomy procedure on a Friday and was back to work on Monday. The procedure was far easier than I was expecting and I just needed a few tylenol afterwards. I would highly recommend him for a vasectomy.

February 19th, 2015
Very Friendly, Would Recommend
Dr. Mootha was incredibly friendly and courteous. The entire staff was friendly, save one woman whom I scheduled the appointment with. She wasn't flat out rude, but seemed very put out. In person, though, everyone was nice. I feel he spent an appropriate amount of time with me in the exam room and answered all my questions and concerns. I plan on using Dr. Mootha in the future.

August 10th, 2014
Highly Recommended
I've been a patient of Dr. Mootha for three years now. He and his staff are very professional and are genuinely interested in caring for patients. I had a "normal" PSA, but Dr. Mootha indicated that it was actually abnormal for my age group. He recommended a prostate biopsy which discovered my prostate cancer. I'm in my 40's and still have small children. I selected the DaVinci robotic prostatectomy. Dr. Mootha performed my surgery three years ago. I spent one night in the hospital, and had minor pain for about 5 days. My catheter was removed 1 week after surgery. My PSA has been undetectable ever since surgery. I feel that Dr. Mootha saved my life. I have had none of the side effects that I was anxious about. Dr. Mootha and his staff have been wonderful. He is an excellent urologist. I would highly recommend him for anyone needing a urologist.

May 20th, 2014
Great Doctor!
Doctor Mootha is the best doctor I have ever been to. He is kind and compassionate and will answer all of your questions and never seems to be in a rush. Dr. Mootha operated on me and has improved my health dramatically. I owe a lot to this man.