Anesthesiologist (pain control), Pain Management Specialist
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch.
 |  WORST EXPERIENCE EVER  |  show details
by Daniel C. on Aug 11th, 2013

My health has been an ongoing problem since birth so I'm no stranger to doctors. I am and have been in a considerable amount of pain ever since I can remember. This office was of no medical value as he only confirmed what I already knew and was being treated for. The only thing that transpired was his hand digging ever deeper into my pocket. I felt as though I was paying extortion money to get the prescriptions that really do keep me functional and working rather on going on disability. There are always new rules and I suspect (because of his own comments) that he is a partner in various labs and therefore is obligated to "feed the beast", as it were. Ultimately, I have known for years that I need a surgeon -- and even after seeing the Lumbar MRI -- surgery was never mentioned until I brought it up. My opinion is that his practice is about him -- not about his patients.

|  DO NOT GO HERE  |  show details
Jul 4th, 2013

I shouldnt even give him 1 star...Very rude to his patients talks down to his employees. I would never refer him just wants money doesnt care about his patients!!!! Office and procedure room is very filthy and not enough chairs and parking is worse. Patients get into car accidents.

Sep 10th, 2012

I really wish people wouldn't be so hard on this office. The people who work there are great people, they really care. I have never seen people work so hard in my life. Yes, they always look stressed, but they always welcome you with a smile. I love Jody F. in the front, she is great at what she does. I love hearing her voice on the phone and she always works me in for an app. I love the new PA they have, her bedside is out of this world. As for the MAS in the back.. WOW!! I can't believe how smart they are. Dr. Panjabi talks like 100 words in a sec and they always understand what he is saying. And if they don't they always ask to make sure they do it right. I really like my Doc. I feel like this office has become my family. I am a WC pt and I wouldnt want to go to any other doc. Please give Dr. Panjabi a chance, you wont be let down.

|  Revolving Staff,,,Doctor???  |  show details
Jun 21st, 2012

Ive been a patient in this office for 5 years. Dr Panjabi is great, except for the the LONG wait, the revolving door of staff, and the obvious office overload. As soon as he gets good staff they leave. He FINALLY hired a great scheduler/insurance person, and of course they split after a few months, not to blame her because I cant even imagine the mess she walked into. He has a couple other good staff left, but I cant help to think of the saying..."Lead by Example"...Doctor???

|  extraordinarily unsatisfactory  |  show details
Jun 12th, 2012

Took 2 months to get an appointmment, my Initial visit, waited 90 minutes in a very crowded front space. Staff is rude. Authorization clerk not doing her job, but no one knew it. She would not return calls. She was fired, incompetent office manager and took over, then she left. Did not get procedures authorized in 4 months of trying. Back to previous MD -had authorization in under 2 weeks. Waited over an hour each visit, staff would not answer the phone or return calls. MD does not listen, told me he would personally call for athorization and he did not. He would not correct the codes for procedures, and added a DX that I have never had before, which caused the problems that ensued.

|  Poor Poor Staff Care  |  show details
May 15th, 2012

Dr Panjabi does not have a helpful team to back him up. His office is usually a bit chaotic, confused, and full of attitude. The front office treat patients as if they should have never walked through the door or called on the phone. The impression they give is "How dare these people come and ask me about their injury or bother me asking for an appointment." Is this really how Dr. Panjabi wants his office represented? The doctor is good at his profession, but relies on an incompatent staff to take care of things for him. Then he gets backed up and upset because of the mistakes his staff create, which leads to lack of proper care for patients. However, people have been saying these things about his office for a few years now, and he has yet to do anything about it. Dr. Panjabi could have a better reputation if he fired his current staff and rehired people who want to work and know how to treat people with care.

|  Incompetent doctor and staff  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

Clearly Dr. Ravi Panjabi is incompetent. His staff is incompetent as well. This doctor and his staff jeopardized my safety and wellness with their prescription practice and complete lack of caring or concern for my safety. Complaints have been filed with California Medical Boards and Workers Comp. Stay away from this office.

|  Castro Valley Patient  |  show details
Jan 10th, 2011

I am so tired of the very long wait in Dr. Panjabi's office. I usually see his assistant, which is really not OK, but that is how his office works. If your insurance will pay for you to see the asst, then you rarely see the doctor. Today's wait was almost 2 hours when the gentleman next to me (he was in terrible pain) told me he had the same appt time with the same asst. Unacceptable, as was the fact that drug representatives with no appointment were allowed to see the Dr. and took 1/2 hour of his time. VERY Unacceptable. I can find another doctor.

|  Great doctors except for Riddhi Patel  |  show details
by toml1burstfracture at Citysearch on Dec 21st, 2010 on citysearch.com

Advanced Pain Management is a great office with great doctors besides Riddhi Patel.I saw Riddhi Patel first and she was HORRIBLE. I cannot emphasis this any more. She is not a doctor, she is just some one who writes prescriptions on behalf of the other doctors.Riti Patel treated me like sht and questioned everything I had to say and said she was doing me a favor for allowing me to be seen. SCREW HER. SHE HIS HORRIBLE AND SHOULD BE FIRED.I suffered from a L1 burst fracture and it paralyzed me for a year. I regained motor movement in my legs but still suffer from drop foot which I wear ankle AFO`s to correct. I also suffer from debilitating nerve damage in my legs as well as clonus in my mid back to my feet.Once I complained and switched to Dr. Navid Mallavaram, a REAL M.D., he completely understood what I was going through and treated me like a real human being. Ever since my pain levels have been much better, I`ve gained much needed weight since I lost over 40 pounds since my accident and I`m doing remarkably better overall.IMO, Riddhi Patel should be fired for her lack of \"bed-side manner\" and horrible people-skills.The rest of the staff is great, including front-desk receptionist Chris the Castro Valley office. She does a great job at managing the front desk and is very helpful and friendly.

Jan 9th, 2010

All these Indian doctors should be out of the practice. They all run nursing homes and home health, hospice on the side business. There is a big mafia of all these Indian/ Pakistani doctors.Dr Punjabi and his associates are very unethical, they all do con practice. I was very disapponited with Dr. Panjabi.

|  What is Ethical ?  |  show details
by Kathy Bustillos on Oct 2nd, 2008

Dr. P. has been my MD for approx. 8 yr.s now and I have received the utmost in perfect care. I have also seen J. Dumas whom I have been very satisfied with. However recently while Dr. has been out of office due to so many hosp. preceedures I have suffered greatly under the unethical TX. of his attending staff. I am hoping Dr. contacts me personally after this via cell phone.

by jaysto7017 on Jun 9th, 2008 on citysearch.com

AVOID this Doctors Office at ALL COSTS!! I have the worst experience of my life at this doctor?s office. The "Doctor" Ms. Rita Patel was a completely a$$ and would not talk to me as a human. She treated me like a piece of dirt and I would tell anyone

by cus21 on Aug 17th, 2007 on citysearch.com

It was 45 minutes after my appointment time when I was finally seen. The nurse was nice but the Doctor was rude, she gave me the run-around answers on my questions. She made me feel like I was doing something wrong for being there. She did not care what I