A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Ravindra Mehta:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
be the first!
Specialties & Research
Dr. Ravindra Mehta, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Nephrology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Flu (Human Influenza)
- Kidney Disease
- Kidney Failure (Acute Renal Insufficiency)
- Kidney Transplant (Renal Transplant)
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Renal Replacement Therapy
- Sepsis (Blood Poisoning)
Education & Awards
Dr. Mehta graduated from Guru Nanak Dev University Medical College, Punjab. He has 3 awards.
Dr. Mehta has 9 hospital affiliations:
- UC San Diego Health System
- Promise Hospital San Diego
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Mehta accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 11 plans
- Anthem Blue Cross - 2 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- Cigna - 2 plans
- Aetna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Blue Shield of California - 77 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Ravindra L. Mehta practice?
Dr. Ravindra Mehta practices Internal Medicine, Nephrology, General Practice, and Pediatric Nephrology near La Jolla, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Diego, CA.
See La Jolla Internists, La Jolla Nephrologists, and La Jolla General Practitioners.