Dr. Ravishankar Rao Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Ravishankar Rao?

October 16th, 2017

I have seen the doctor and his nurse practitioner for over a month. I have suffered all that time. Each visit changed the diagnosis. When you see the doctor you see him for maybe 5 minutes and he is out of the room. You are left feeling like he just didn't listen. The office is very disorganized and often understaffed. Calls to either the doctor or others practicing under him do not get returned. I have often been left on hold for more than 20 minutes only to have to hang up and call them back. Appointments changed without any notice. Two locations but no ability to forward your records between locations.

March 7th, 2016

VERY POOR QUALITY

I have been a long time patient of Dr. Rao's. I have had to call up their offices several times to beg for my insulin refills. My pharmacy will fax over the requests, and they go ignored. They claim their fax machine does not work, yet while I am standing in Dr. Rao's office getting my next appointment date, guess what...they receive a fax! This has gone on for several years now and I am tired of trying to get my medications which I rely on to live! Do yourself a favor and don't choose this doctor. Their staff is very unfriendly, offices unclean, and they never answer the telephone. The only way you will be able to contact them is to go to their office in person and threaten to goto another doctor

February 21st, 2016

Excellent

Dr Rao has always treated me well and is a caring and nurturing physician. He first treated me when I was admitted to the hospital, and I chose, upon leaving, for him to continue treating my long term issues. He has always been highly professional, extremely knowledgeable and has been 100% accurate in his diagnosis.

December 17th, 2015

always listens and helps when you need him. Awesome MD

October 30th, 2015

I was a very short wait period especiall y for a new patient. My primary recently retired and Dr. Rau saw me in the hospital. He was very kind, took time to listen, actually went over my entire health issue and gave me excellent information. Extremely kind!

October 26th, 2015

DR RAO'S POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES

DR RAO IS "ALWAYS" SHORT HANDED ON HIS STAFF. IT IS VERY HARD TO GET THROUGH TO HIS OFFICE BY PHONE. ONCE I DO GET THROUGH TO DR RAO'S OFFICE, THEY PUT ME ON HOLD FOR 15 TO 30 MINUTES BEFORE THEY FINALLY GET BACK TO ME, IN FACT, YOU MAY HAVE TO CALL 15 TO 20 TIMES IN A ROW BEFORE THEY EVEN ANSWER THE PHONE!! "NO EXAGGERATION"!!!!!!!!! THEY DO "NOT" EVEN HAVE A VOICE MAIL BOX TO LEAVE A MESSAGE! IT TAKES FOREVER FOR THEM TO FAX A REFERRAL TO A SPECIALIST. HIS OFFICE DOES "NOT" REFER YOU TO A SPECIFIC DR (SPECIALIST).. YOU HAVE TO FIND A SPECIALIST ON YOUR OWN!!! BE PREPARED TO SPEND HOURS OR EVEN DAYS/WEEKS ON PHONE CALLING SPECIALIST WHO ACCEPT YOUR INSURANCE!!!! IT ALSO TAKES "FOREVER" FOR HIS STAFF TO FAX PHARMACY FOR REFILLS! IN FACT, THE PHARMACY CALLS ME TO TELL ME THEY CAN NOT REACH DR RAO FOR MY REFILLS AND THEY TELL ME TO "CALL DR RAO MYSELF TO SEE IF I CAN GET THEM TO FAX REFILLS ANY QUICKER" !!! LASTLY DR RAO CAN "NOT" KEEP STAFF FOR VERY LONG. THERE IS QUITE A TURNOVER OF STAFF, THEY DON'T STAY FOR VERY LONG!!

April 3rd, 2015

Would refer him to friends and family

March 16th, 2015

DR.Rao is a fine outstanding doctor I have been a patient for years ,an he is friendly an not quick to judge,patience an allways listens to your concerns.

January 20th, 2015

Very good doctor. They always squeeze me in on short notice as a work out of state.

July 11th, 2013

get anew doctor

July 9th, 2013

Every time I have gone to him he won't even look at me or talk to me he always talked to whoever went with me. His staff is rude and was very rude about my fiancé being with me. I try to tell him what is wrong with means he won't listen and just sends me out to another dr. It is a waste of time going to his office you never get the help you need

June 13th, 2011

Man! If you read these reviews youd think this doctor was Dr. Frankenstein, but if you take the time you can see a pattern in the reviews, there from one upset patient or ex-employee. Amazing how people can post anything and feel they anonymity on the internet, when in fact they dont. But for me I found him nice, pleasant and concerning about my condition. No different from other doctors Ive seen in New York, all do get right to the point and try and fix the problem as fast as possible. I dont go to see my doctor to talk small talk, Im there because Im sick and if they can help me and I feel the difference, thats a plus in my book. Florida is an open State, you have the right to switch physicians anytime and to refuse treatment for whatever reason you have. So dont be confused by all the posts here, make your own choice, go once if you like him, continue, if not find another doctor. If you really want to check out your physician prior to a visit, Florida posts all malpractice suits filed, you may be surprised of the names on the list. As for Dr. Rao, never had a case filed against him, which is another reason I went to him when my insurance company said hes in my network.