Dr. Ravishankar Rao MD Patient Reviews

3.0
  • 17 reviews

March 7th, 2016
VERY POOR QUALITY
I have been a long time patient of Dr. Rao's. I have had to call up their offices several times to beg for my insulin refills. My pharmacy will fax over the requests, and they go ignored. They claim their fax machine does not work, yet while I am standing in Dr. Rao's office getting my next appointment date, guess what...they receive a fax! This has gone on for several years now and I am tired of trying to get my medications which I rely on to live! Do yourself a favor and don't choose this doctor. Their staff is very unfriendly, offices unclean, and they never answer the telephone. The only way you will be able to contact them is to go to their office in person and threaten to goto another doctor

February 21st, 2016
Excellent
Dr Rao has always treated me well and is a caring and nurturing physician. He first treated me when I was admitted to the hospital, and I chose, upon leaving, for him to continue treating my long term issues. He has always been highly professional, extremely knowledgeable and has been 100% accurate in his diagnosis.

December 17th, 2015
always listens and helps when you need him. Awesome MD

October 30th, 2015
I was a very short wait period especiall y for a new patient. My primary recently retired and Dr. Rau saw me in the hospital. He was very kind, took time to listen, actually went over my entire health issue and gave me excellent information. Extremely kind!

October 26th, 2015
DR RAO'S POOR BUSINESS PRACTICES
DR RAO IS "ALWAYS" SHORT HANDED ON HIS STAFF. IT IS VERY HARD TO GET THROUGH TO HIS OFFICE BY PHONE. ONCE I DO GET THROUGH TO DR RAO'S OFFICE, THEY PUT ME ON HOLD FOR 15 TO 30 MINUTES BEFORE THEY FINALLY GET BACK TO ME, IN FACT, YOU MAY HAVE TO CALL 15 TO 20 TIMES IN A ROW BEFORE THEY EVEN ANSWER THE PHONE!! "NO EXAGGERATION"!!!!!!!!! THEY DO "NOT" EVEN HAVE A VOICE MAIL BOX TO LEAVE A MESSAGE! IT TAKES FOREVER FOR THEM TO FAX A REFERRAL TO A SPECIALIST. HIS OFFICE DOES "NOT" REFER YOU TO A SPECIFIC DR (SPECIALIST).. YOU HAVE TO FIND A SPECIALIST ON YOUR OWN!!! BE PREPARED TO SPEND HOURS OR EVEN DAYS/WEEKS ON PHONE CALLING SPECIALIST WHO ACCEPT YOUR INSURANCE!!!! IT ALSO TAKES "FOREVER" FOR HIS STAFF TO FAX PHARMACY FOR REFILLS! IN FACT, THE PHARMACY CALLS ME TO TELL ME THEY CAN NOT REACH DR RAO FOR MY REFILLS AND THEY TELL ME TO "CALL DR RAO MYSELF TO SEE IF I CAN GET THEM TO FAX REFILLS ANY QUICKER" !!! LASTLY DR RAO CAN "NOT" KEEP STAFF FOR VERY LONG. THERE IS QUITE A TURNOVER OF STAFF, THEY DON'T STAY FOR VERY LONG!!

April 3rd, 2015
Would refer him to friends and family

March 16th, 2015
DR.Rao is a fine outstanding doctor I have been a patient for years ,an he is friendly an not quick to judge,patience an allways listens to your concerns.

January 20th, 2015
Very good doctor. They always squeeze me in on short notice as a work out of state.

July 11th, 2013
get anew doctor

July 8th, 2013
Every time I have gone to him he won't even look at me or talk to me he always talked to whoever went with me. His staff is rude and was very rude about my fiancé being with me. I try to tell him what is wrong with means he won't listen and just sends me out to another dr. It is a waste of time going to his office you never get the help you need

June 12th, 2011
Man! If you read these reviews youd think this doctor was Dr. Frankenstein, but if you take the time you can see a pattern in the reviews, there from one upset patient or ex-employee. Amazing how people can post anything and feel they anonymity on the internet, when in fact they dont. But for me I found him nice, pleasant and concerning about my condition. No different from other doctors Ive seen in New York, all do get right to the point and try and fix the problem as fast as possible. I dont go to see my doctor to talk small talk, Im there because Im sick and if they can help me and I feel the difference, thats a plus in my book. Florida is an open State, you have the right to switch physicians anytime and to refuse treatment for whatever reason you have. So dont be confused by all the posts here, make your own choice, go once if you like him, continue, if not find another doctor. If you really want to check out your physician prior to a visit, Florida posts all malpractice suits filed, you may be surprised of the names on the list. As for Dr. Rao, never had a case filed against him, which is another reason I went to him when my insurance company said hes in my network.

April 4th, 2011
Good Doctor & staff.......
u only wait 15min-25mins depending on how may people are there.. he always finds time to fit u in so if ur late then what ur appointmet is, hill still see u....