Internist, Cardiologist (heart)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

1.0

|  show details
Aug 25th, 2013

My husband was in hospital having Lung Surgery. After one of the breathing treatments his heart started racing. They called Dr. Allen and he never came by to see him, just prescribed a drug that supposed to be given only as a last resort. Caused him to hallucinate and he said just reduce dose. Wanted him to continue taking it after being discharged. We refused because he had never had a problem with racing heart. Later he was in the hospital for chemo induced heart failure and the hospital called Allen again, even tho we had asked them not to. Dr. Allen gave him a pill for high blood pressure, my husband has the blood pressure of a twenty year old. I told him he did not have high blood pressure but he gave it to him anyway. Of course his blood pressure bottomed out. Almost died. We told him we were not going to take the pill. He said "find yourself another doctor". He did not have to tell me that. I definitely would not recommend this Dr.

|  show details
Apr 13th, 2013

would not recommend this doctor to anyone.

|  Chest Thing  |  show details
Sep 25th, 2012

After my mother was sent to Baptist Hosptial, Dr. Allen performed a Heart Cath on her. Because he did not find the Arrhythmia & Atrial fibrillation she was having.. although it was well documented from the hospital she had been brought from from out of town.. he was ready to dimiss her from the hospital with oxygen,which she had never been on before. Clearly she was sick. He even said it was just a Chest Thing.. 3 days later while still in the hospital because I refused to let her be discharged.. she had a stroke due to Atrial fibrillation.He called it a heart thing then but didn't seem to concerned for what had happened although my mother was left with permament damage from the stroke. He then left to go on vacation which was a blessing but came back & tried to take over her case as we were being discharged. As I was trying to ask him questions of why my mother had had low blood pressure while he was gone.. he told me to stop talking. He is very rude & never wanted to discuess with me what was wrong with her although I am her POA. I am so thankful he did go out of town & Dr. Eric Guerra became her Dr.& he will remain her Dr.