Dr. Ray Pais MD Patient Reviews

• 4 reviews

October 23rd, 2012
Nice man. Terrible doctor
Dr. Pais is a nice man and has a wonderful bedside manner, but what most patients without a medical background fail to realize is that he's woefully incompetent as an oncologist. While a patient of his, I once called in because of extreme pain and vomiting and was told by him that "it's probably just an infection, no need to come to the hospital, just tough it out." When I finally went to the ER the following morning after a night of agony and vomiting, I was admitted with severe dehydration, acute renal failure, and a dehydration-induced blood clot in my head all due to a complete bowel obstruction. I later learned that this is a common complication after the surgery I had earlier in the year to remove my tumor. If I had realized how woefully negligent his medical care had been before the statute of limitations ran out, I would have sued for malpractice. As a former patient and current medical professional, I cannot recommend in good conscious Dr. Ray Pais to any ill child's parents. Please, please take him or her to a more skilled and qualified oncologist.
Doctor's Response

RESPONSE TO PATIENT REVIEW POSTED ON OCTOBER 23RD, 2012: I am sorry that this individual had a rough time, and I hope that he/she is doing well now. I am at an unfortunate disadvantage in trying to respond to this review. Since I do not know who the patient is, nor do I know when the episode occurred, I am not able to look into the details of this matter to respond. I suspect that there is probably another side to this story. If the person writing the comments will be gracious enough to contact me (off line if preferred) to give me his/her name and the date of the described episode, I would be able to fill in any incomplete information. Hopefully, additional information would relieve this individual of the burden of feeling that he/she has been treated unjustly. Presumably, the individual was a young person at the time of the described episode (I treat children). Perhaps this individual's perception of the explanations and advice given way-back-then are different than how others would interpret the advice and events. Hopefully, once I have been allowed the opportunity to investigate the details, we would find that the care and advice given were medically appropriate based on the information that was available at that time. The author of the comments mentioned that he/she is now working in a health care related field. I wish the comments' author the best of luck to in his/her career. If any of the author's patients ever have concerns about their medical care, I hope that they will give the author a chance to respond. Likewise, I would be very grateful to receive sufficient details about this case, so that I could have the opportunity to respond. Sincerely, Dr. Ray C. Pais

August 7th, 2012
An Awesome Physician
He is great with children and listens to them as a person.He is patient and kind.He explains situations very well.I never had to wait long in his office or wait for him and if by chance he is late he is always apologetic.

June 1st, 2011
wonderfull doctor!
we had a long wait due to doctor had emergency, however, his staff and himself kept us aware and very comfortable during the wait...and when we did see him he was amazingly wonderfull to my children and us! i love the clinic, and the staff...and doctor pais!

February 23rd, 2009
dr.pais is a wonderful man. we came to him so scared and concerned for our son and he was like an angel. he showed an absolute amount of care and concern and he stayed right on our sons problem until he was safe for him to be released. there isnt enough things i can say about him. he really was a blessing for us. thank you dr.pais!!!