Dr. Ray Scardina Is this you?

3.1

Have you seen Dr. Ray Scardina?

Do not recommend

Posted on August 29th, 2015

We have been seeing him for 5 to 6 years and our son has adhd and odd and I believe he has bipolar but everytime I mention it its like he don't care and throws it out the door he does not even test him for it and this behavior has been going on for some time I'm referring my child to a different psychiatrist for another opinion so he can get some proper help...

Go to another doctor

Posted on May 12th, 2015

He is in the wrong profession. He seems to not even like children yet hes a child psychiatrist. There were no children's books or activities in the waiting room yet he expected us to wait for almost an hour. My son has seen him several times and he asks me why hes so crabby every time we see him. It seems like his mind is somewhere else at every appointment. He wrote the wrong dosage on my sons medicine and gave him half the milligrams of what he usually takes. Another time he forgot to sign the prescription. Too many mistakes!!!

Saw him in my early teens(about ten years ago)

Posted on May 7th, 2013

He was my doctor a decade ago. I saw him for at least two years. The wait time was typically half an hour. Based on other reviews, this hasn't changed. I believe his diagnosis was accurate, but that's about the only positive thing I can say. He would always have my mother in the room with us, and would listen to her more than me. My mother was very abusive at the time; so our conversations were always distorted through her filter. The worst thing I can say about Dr. Scardina is that he would often chuckle/giggle at the things I had to say. I don't know what he meant by the laughter, but as an emotionally distraught teenager, I always took offense to it. Nevermind that I was almost always on the verge of tears. I think he honestly does care about his patients, but he seems to need a bit more empathy for the job. He doesn't seem to have the right character. I haven't gone to see a psychiatrist since him, although I desperately need therapy right now. I'm apprehensive that I'll waste what little money I have on another robotic, talking head...

Waste of time

Posted on October 18th, 2012

We have been twice and each time the wait is insanely long. Appt time means nothing. Plan to bring a bag of things for your child to do because he has NOTHING for them to do. A kids dr should at least have kid books and magazines ESP when they make you wait an hour to see the dr

Thinking of changing

Posted on November 13th, 2011

First of all I was told when I sought an appointment that it would take 8 months to get an appointment. Will not fill a Rx at time of visit(nature of Rx) but will charge $5 when you call for an RX. Last visit he was more focused on the next patient. Yawning during visits

Listens!

Posted on October 23rd, 2009

He is able to listen to the ramblings of a mother and child, read between the lines, put things together to tell what the problem is and tell what to do about it.

Posted on October 27th, 2016