Dr. Ray Van Metre MD Patient Reviews

• Otolaryngology Lexington, KY

3.8

May 14th, 2016
Vocal Cord Surgery
I had an excellent first impression of and a good experience with my first ENT surgery by Dr. Van Metre. He biopsied and excised a mass via laser on a vocal cord. He and three pathologists went out of their way !to try to find the etiology of the mass. Also, I've had vocal cord issues for five years and have been laryngoscoped and scoped and scoped. Dr. Van Metre iis the only person who has scoped me without me gagging, he's really gentle with the laryngoscope. My experience thusfar has been very positive.

December 3rd, 2013
Bad Experience
Overall bad experience at KY Ent and Dr. Van Metre. First the office was very busy and felt rushed the whole time. Dr. Van Metre didn't really address all my questions and keep pushing surgery as my only option. Seemed like he just wanted to get to the next room. Finally I received a bill weeks later for $300 for something that was not even discussed that was completely routine. When I called to ask about it was pushed off to another department and given the explaination that I should have known. I would look elsewhere.