Dr. Raymond Fong Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Raymond Fong?

Diabetic Macular Edema

Diabetic Macular Edema

Have you seen Dr. Raymond Fong?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Neutral

July 5th, 2017

Experienced doctor & friendly staff

My grandma had surgery done by Dr. Fong a few years ago. She had problem walking so her only hobby was watching TV. Because of her cataract, she was unable to see the TV clearly. In fact, she couldn't even see her grandkids when they come to visit. After she had her surgery, she was able to see so much more. She was afraid to do her 1st eye in the beginning. But after she realized how much better she was able to see, she requested to do her 2nd eye ASAP. It was life changing for her. She is much happier now and she can finally watch TV.

November 30th, 2015

This review is for Dr. Fong and his medical abilities. If there is a skill that he has mastered, it is performing eye surgery. He is an absolute perfectionist when it comes to actually providing medical care. My 90 year old grandfather came to him with extreme blurred vision and had Dr.Fong perform cataract surgery. Post surgery, my grandfather is extremely pleased with the results. He claims that he even feels young again because he can finally see so well. There was great aftercare instructions and he had no issues with recovery. If you want a smooth operation with no problems, I would definitely recommend Raymond Fong. He has done something very wonderful for my grandfather and our family is very appreciative of his efforts. Great work!

January 21st, 2015

Absolutely no problems

January 25th, 2014

Unprofessional staff

Called for an appointment and was told to walk in. When I arrived at the office in Chinatown (which I live in Whitestone) and I'm currently pregnant, the staff told me that I should be here before 1pm. This is news to me because clearly I was NOT told over the phone which I have to be here before. I told them at the office that I came all the way from Whitestone and I'm pregnant and WHY THE heck they didn't tell me this before I came!!! Very unprofessional. I also work in Weil Cornell myself and this is not the way we treat patients!!

June 14th, 2013

Disappointed

GREEDT! GREEDY! GREEDY! All this doctor cares about is $MONEY$, $MONEY$, $MONEY$. About 20 years ago when I was still young, poor, and unemployed, I went to see Doctor Fong for a discomfort in one of my eyes. He took a quick look and determined that it was an ingrown eyelash. It took him only a few seconds to pluck it off. Even though I explained to him at the time that I had no insurance, he still instructed his assistance to collect $100 from me in $CASH$. What a greedy and heartless doctor ! In the early 1990's, $100 was a lot of money - especially to a recent college graduate who is still struggling to be on his own. SHAME on him.

April 13th, 2013

Ripoff report

My friends and I have been a patient at Dr Raymond Fong's Center since 2009, and we have decided not to use his service anymore. In these recent two years, his Center insisted charging our health insurance + $45 co-payment before they would perform a dilated eye examination. We called our eye insurance companies and realized that both of our eye insurance companies covered the examination to dilate pupils. I think his services are a total ripoff. My eye insurance company suggested me to file a complaint about this issue and we will do so. Their services were unprofessional. Anyway, we will not be going back

August 26th, 2012

waste my time seeing this doctor

i did some research before going to this doctor, i read the review and everything so i guess they are professional. But when i go there i wait like a hour before seeing the doctor and his attitude was not so good ,he 's not paying attention when i try to explain to him what the situation is . He sound like i was there for nothing but trying to get some free eye drop.

January 16th, 2012

Don't Pick Him

Not a good doctor, not care about his patients.

January 14th, 2012

Poor poor service an pt care

i have been going to dr gong for over 12 years + in the beginning he took his time with each pt. Now since he is making so much money he has gotten too big for his boots as the saying goes. I use to really respect him and admired hm now...his office is like a zoo...everything is like an assembly line..rush, rush...and I never get to see dr fong unless I go mon or tues...he is always in surgery all other days.Both my husband and my mother went there, my mother had her cataract surgery done by dr gong a few years ago. I have no choice now but to change ophthalmologist..i need someone who will take time when I go to see them...poor service, poor bed side manners...dr fong is heading for serious law suits if he does not pay more attention to pt care.

December 16th, 2011

Worst Staff EVER

Staff won't give my records to the dr who referred me to them. They can't even tell me when the report will be ready. So disorganized and rude! If they can't take care of their patients' medical problems, they shouldn't see so many people!

October 4th, 2011

poor poor service

This has been probably the worst experience of mine.First off, it's very difficult to see the doctor in person. The waiting time is long. Then all the other staff take exams for him.He only spends less than 5 minutes with me each time. Consider he's the surgeon for my eye procedure, that is not enough.Second, the procedure is a failure. Since I had LASIK before, they suggested me to have LASEK instead. After almost 8 months past the procedure, my reading vision is still blurry. Every time I went to see them, they claimed that my near sighted vision has been removed, and the only reason is my eye is dry. Luckily, I only had one eye done. Again, each time, Doctor Fong spent less than 2 minutes with me, and all he could suggest is to use eye drops.This is very bad, and very unpleasant. I'm swtiching to see other eye doctors.

June 20th, 2011

I waited for 2 hours...torture....

Dr.Fong's reputation seems pretty good but he only spent 2 minutes with me aftere 2 hours of waiting..I won't go back there.They charged me $ 150.00 but I heard in Queen's office it is $ 120.00.It was a nightmare.Waiting and waiting...One guy checked my eyes and waiting...and another guy checked and waiting.....And finally Dr.Fong came and spent 2 miniutes and gone.It was a torturous experiment(rather than an examination or experience)