Ophthalmologist (eyes)

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

2.5

|  Hoo Boy  |  show details
Oct 23rd, 2014

he told me that next time i should sedate myself before i came in. WTF? and he didnt wear gloves. I dont want anyone touching my eyes without gloves.

|  bum rap  |  show details
by E.S. on Aug 26th, 2013

Yes, like many specialists offices, you may have to wait. Bring a book and plan accordingly. The front staff will warm up to you. If they don't, I hardly think that should reflect heavily on the doctor's rating. The nurses/techs, are absolutely professional, and warm. I had a little misunderstanding with the eye-glass guy, but he was very apologetic when I called him on it. If you don't like the glasses guy, you can take your prescription elsewhere. This doctor is a sweet, learned, thorough, professional.

|  Do not trust practice!!!!  |  show details
by Denardo on Aug 6th, 2013

I thought my daughter was in good hands. I finally saved the money to get her fitted for contacts and before I did I asked how much will this cost me. their response was "lets wait until we get her fitted" Well after the fitting I found out that it was going to cost me about $125 a month which I don't have. That was for the throw away ones, so I asked how much for the permanent ones, and they told me she wasn't fitted for them and that she would have to be refitted. I asked them to do that, but that would cost me another $125. So I asked why wasn't I asked what contacts I preferred for my daughter and they couldn't give me an answer. So I requested my money back from the fitting so I can apply it to glasses and they said they couldn't do it, that they performed the service etc. I still don't know what my daughter's size is but I believe the doctor should of refunded my money even if it came out of his own pocket. I have been a patient of his for a long time and now he just lost 7 clients. I think I would of kept the customer happy instead...6 months later my daughter still doesn't have any glasses or contacts. So he really doesn't care for his patients!!!!

|  Great doctor, HORRIBLE front staff  |  show details
by Anon on Jun 7th, 2013

I have always had a very pleasant experience with Dr. Girgis. However, his front staff is a nightmare. They never know what I am there for...even when it's just a yearly checkup. Additionally, they could all use a personality. No matter how nice I am to them, they treat me as if I am an inconvenience. It's a shame that such a nice doctor has a staff that seriously lacks in customer service.

Aug 6th, 2012

The front office staff have been unpleasant for years but the rest of the staff and the Doctor have been wonderful!! However, the office hours are confusing. I recommend this Doctor for a respectful, through eye exam and continue to go to him.

|  Good Dr.  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

Dr Girgis is a very good Dr.,very patientand informative. I do recomend him to everyone.

|  Excellent Doctor  |  show details
Apr 2nd, 2012

Dr. Girgis is a very nice and patient man who took the time to examine my eyes and answer all my questions. I would recommend him to all my family and friends. We need more doctors like that in this world.

|  Something rotten in Denmark!!!  |  show details
Dec 2nd, 2011

Ive been there at least 6 times and NEVER the same staff...not to mention very unpleasant staff. They re always talking and whispering...very unsettling. One girl had red sores on her face...wasnt my nurse!! Cant imagine letting someone near your eyes looking like that!! Dr Girgis is almost like a robot,I heard him say the exact same thing with exact same tone to the patient next door...very condesending. The optican seemed lost and barely could understand his english.There are too many good practices with knowlegable and kind staffs to go back there!!!!

|  incorrect script  |  show details
Mar 13th, 2011

He knowingly gave me the incorrect contact lens prescription

Feb 5th, 2011

The worst doctor I've ever been to. You spend more time waiting and with the techs than with the doctor. The staff is never the same any time you visit because this doctor has an excessive turnover in employees. This tells me that he is treating them the same way he treats his patients; badly. Also not the cleanest office I've been to. He is condescending, slower than molasses and suffers from OCD. A sweet talker and sly as a wolf! He only cares about the almighty dollar, so if you have good insurance, you're treated like royalty!

Feb 3rd, 2011

My eyes could of gotten worse just waiting there all of that time to see someone. I complained and no one seemed to care. Glad it was only my first (and last) time there

|  Bus Exec  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

You may get called into a room in 10 minutes but you will sit there forever before someone sees you. Workers dont seem very happy, maybe thats what the last reviewer was referring to?

|  Not too good on staff members  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2011

This man definately needs to work on his people skills. He looks at people as though they are nothing but a number.

|  Excellent Doctor and Staff  |  show details
Jan 12th, 2011

Dr. Girgis is very compassionate, kind, couteous and knowledgable. He gives the best eye exams I have ever had.

|  Would recomend  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Feb 21st, 2010 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Girgis is a good doctor. My husband and I went to him for I exams. Dr. Girgis picked up a serious problem with my husbands eyes. He o...

|  DON`T EVER USE THIS OFFICE  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Jan 28th, 2010 on insiderpages.com

I would NEVER use this eye doctor. I called to make an appointment for my son, and the woman who answered the phone, Karen, refused to tell...

|  Thorough and Professional  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Nov 12th, 2008 on insiderpages.com

Dr. Girgis is very thorough, and he was able to diagnose and treat a tearing problem that went untreated with my previous doctor. His care h...

|  Good.  |  show details
by Citysearch User on Oct 2nd, 2008 on insiderpages.com

I had my insurance change and had to go to a new eye doctor. I loved my former eye doctor and was very unhappy with having to change but Dr....