Pediatrician, Neurologist (brain, nervous system)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

3.0

|  Restored my faith in doctors  |  show details
by L Ferlita on Apr 18th, 2013

Dr . Fernandez impressed me with how patient and thorough he was and is with both of my children. He is sincere, honest, compassionate, direct and trustworthy. He goes over and beyond to diagnose ad treat his patients. I am so thankful for his expertise and his patience. A true God send. My kids have seen just about every neurologist in both Tampa and St Pete and he is by far the best in my opinion. He has restored my faith in doctors.

Jun 20th, 2012

Dr. Fernandez has always been incredibly attentive to my son(7) and I. We never feel rushed while we're at the appointment, and it's because we're simply not. He takes the time to really listen to me and my concerns and answers every question I have. His bedside manner is excellent. When you first meet him, you don't know what to expect because he's kind of stern and matter of fact in the beginning of the assessment. This really helped my son get in the right mindset to answer questions and get his attention..and then smiles and warmth followed. My son always loathes going to doctor's appointments because he says they're so boring and take too long. He jumps right in the car when he has to see Dr. Fernandez and we're always with him for close to an hour. He likes him a lot, thinks he's funny, trusts, and respects him. It took a lot of research for me to choose the right neurologist for him, and I'm so glad I chose Fernandez.

Apr 19th, 2012

Dr. Fernandez spent an incredible amount of time with my son to get to know him so he could properly assess his problem with ADHD. He was straight forward, took the time to explain his reasoning and was very patient with my son throughout the assessment. My son was comfortable with him and liked him a lot, which is very important. I had done a lot of research on neurologists in the area before making a decision on who to go with, and I chose well.

|  upset, scared and disappointed  |  show details
Apr 18th, 2011

unforunately i will not have the opportunity to rate this doctor because they would not give me an appointment once they found out this was an second opinion, I was told it is his personal preference not to take these type of appointments. Imagine how I feel as a parent scared of the unknown medical problem her child is experiencing and seeking the best medical care for her child recommended by another medical facility only to be told no. So reading these ratings on how he cares for his patients, my son will never get to know this because of his second opinon status. I would not want any other parent to know how this feels including dr. fernandez, it is my hope that you never have a child needing to see the best that was recommended to you and them turned away because of personal perference.

Jan 27th, 2011

well regarded in the medical community throughout the bay area and beyond. he has a genuine love and concern for children and listens to what is said before making a diagnosis...at our lowest emotional time with our sons health issues, he provided accurate ease and care during his diagnosis. We are all lucky to have a doctor like Dr.Raymond Fernandez to entrust our childrens health to

|  Josh's Mom  |  show details
by J. Williams on Nov 17th, 2009

Dr. Fernandez not only was my son's doctor, but he was also my nieces neurologist as well. He is the absolute greatest at what he does. We saw him every 6 months for 7 years. He helped my son when no one else could. I would recommend him to anyone whose child needs a qualified, gifted, yet down to earth doctor. Thank you Dr. Fernandez for all that you do! :)

by Tracy Parsons on Sep 22nd, 2009

I have never been so impressed by a doctor as I was with Dr. Fernandez. Not only did he spend over an hour evaluating our daughter, but he then followed up with us himself, giving his contact information for us to reach him with questions/concerns. I am shocked at the other rating giving him 1 star for bedside manner. As far as I'm concerned, there aren't enough stars available to indicate his exceptional bedside manner. I have no doubt based on his education and years of experience that we were in good hands, but to have the level of compassion and true dedication to his patients in addition was amazing. I would highly recommend Dr. Fernandez to anyone.