Surgical Specialist, Dentist

810 S Mason Rd
Ste 301
Katy, TX 77450
281-395-1200
Locations and availability (1)

2.5

• Currently 3.047619047619 of 4 stars
Some ratings provided by DrScore. Yahoo.
 |  Son's teeth  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2014

I was in there not too long ago to get my son's wisdom teeth removed and I was so happy they made my son feel so at ease!!! And my son is high function autistic !!! I only had to pay my co pay. God bless y'll!!!

Jan 13th, 2014

My son was in to have 3 of his wisdom teeth removed. Staff was great and so was doctor but! i asked them how much total and what was covered? they said my payment was $25.00 and that insurance was paying the rest it was 100% covered. Then i get this letter in the mail and bill for $345.00 and said they are sorry they told me wrong that my part for the removal of his wisdom teeth was $345.00!!!! Why didn't they tell me that before so i could prepare! Not happy at all with these people!!!! do not go to these people unless you are rich which i am not!

|  In it for the bucks!  |  show details
Aug 31st, 2013

I went in for my visit and will never go back. The doctor was griping at the staff in the halls and was rude to them. He came in to my visit and was cold and sterile...barely looked in my mouth. I explained that I was geimplants bridge, he thought I needed implants. He insisted on giving me the prices for implants anyway. Over $25,000! No thank you. This guy wants to make money! He wouldn't even give me prices for nitrous because it costs more to put me to sleep. If you want to go make a rich doctor even richer, this is the place to go.

by Mariana on Aug 21st, 2013

I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical about going to this office. No one wants to have their teeth pulled out! But they I got an appointment in record time. I didn't have a long wait, but I did have an issue with my X-ray. (Ruth fixed that right up for me and I got a prompt refund) I was given an estimate during my visit and she explained it well, answered my questions, then THANKED me for letting her know there was an issue at the beginning of my appointment. You just don't get that kind of customer service or kindness in this day and age. The office needs to be updated and the magazines they offer are lame, but I'll go back because they seem to have the patients best interest as a priority. Thumbs up!

|  Glad I changed my mind!  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2013

I had a terrible experience making my appointment. There was an elderly woman who insisted on having my social security even though that is something I don't give out. She was very rude and demeaning. I got to the office and the girl at the front desk claimed she couldn't find the paperwork I had submitted online, so I had to fill it all out again. I waited 40 minutes to see the doctor and had a good chat with the assistant during that time. She was friendly and so that made the time pass. Dr Wiggins finally came in and said that he needed a different x-ray (175.00). At this point I was annoyed! The doctor didn't even smile and was very cold. He and barely spent any time with me. I decided that I was going to go elsewhere. Then the money lady came in and changed everything! She explained why the extra X-ray was needed and why I needed my teeth extracted. She went over all of the prices and told me exactly what to expect during surgery. She was very friendly and had a warm smile. She told me some of Dr. Wiggins credentials and know knowledgable he was. Needless to say, I had the surgery and I am so glad I did. I didn't have any complications afterward at all. Dr. Wiggins really did a great job! If you want to have a good visit, just ask for the money lady, Mrs. Ruth. She will make sure you understand what you're paying and why. I'm so glad I listened to her. I ended up having a great experience!

|  No refund yet  |  show details
by George Terence on Jul 31st, 2013

Still waiting for refund after surgery late in 2012 have called many times since bcbs eob and calls from bcbs still no refund.

|  Great staff and Dr.  |  show details
by Allison on Jul 12th, 2013

My visit was very pleasant. The nurses were so friendly and accomodating. I was especially impressed witht the lady doing the finances....I believe her name was Ruth. Not only did she make me comfy with the financial part, but she came in and checked on me the morning of my surgery because she remembered i was nervous! Everything went great and I highly recommend going to this surgeon.

|  Please advise..this Dr doesn't believe in post-op pain meds  |  show details
Jun 15th, 2013

Had 4 wisdom teeth pulled and the Dr prescribed me 20 Vicodin 2.5/500 the weakest Vicodin I ever heard of. I would have chosen another oral surgeon had I known I wouldn't even get decent pain pills. When I called next day to say pain pills are weak and if I could get something stronger they said take Tylenol with it. Good Doctor but I don't like being in pain so I'd advise using a different Doctor that will prescribe you pain meds so you aren't in pain and miserable.

|  Good Experience  |  show details
Mar 25th, 2013

My daughter had her wisdom teeth removed and Dr. Wiggins did a great job. My daughter has a lot of anxiety at dental offices and I was so impressed with how EASY and FAST the procedure was. Dr. Wiggins and his staff made my daughter very comfortable and she even had very little pain during the recovery period. Dr. Wiggins was very sweet to answer all of our questions and listen to our concerns. This office far exceeded our expectations and we will never go anywhere else for oral surgery. Thank you Dr. Wiggins and staff.

Mar 23rd, 2013

Great experience with both staff and Dr. Wiggins. We did have to pay our estimated portion up front but they filed the insurance and sent us a refund check quickly. The waiting room was very comfortable. They had free wifi so I could use my computer while waiting. The only thing missing was coffee.

|  Bad Staff & Good Doctor  |  show details
Feb 4th, 2013

Overall a good doctor. But you can get ripped easily. They charge first telling that insurance will not pay and then bill the insurance, get paid by insurance and dont even bother to retunn money to the patients. If you catch it through EOBs and be after them to give your money back, you will be lucky if you get it. The office surely offers the expensive way to handle surgery :(.

Doctor's Response

We apologize for the delay. While you may receive an EOB in as little as 2 weeks, it can take up to 45 days for the insurance company to process your claim and pay our office. It then can take an additional 45 days for us to resend the claim for any issues which we do on your behalf to assure you receive the maximum benefits. It then takes time for us to internally audit each file and issue a refund check through our accounting department. Please call us for an update.

Nov 24th, 2012

I came for a consultation regarding tooth implant. After an X-ray was taken, he came in and for the entire session, sat about 5 feet away from me and NEVER examined the tooth in question. If the goal was to show how little he cared about his patients, he demonstrated that to perfection. Hi office charged me more than it should based on the 'Explanation of Benefits' I received from the insurance company but they never refunded me until I contacted them and demanded it.

Doctor's Response

We apologize for your bad experience. Your feedback helps us get better and we want to thank you for sharing your feelings. As for the refund, it would have been sent regardless of us receiving a phone call. It can take up to 90 days depending on how fast your insurance company processes the claim.

|  Excellent Doctor!  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2012

Dr. Wiggins has removed all 3 of my childrens wisdom teeth and even my son-in-law! He is the kind, patient and caring with with unbelievable credentials (look up all of his degrees), does IV sedation and always makes sure you understand every step of the way. I have had extractions and bone grafting. He is the only Dr. I would ever use for my family.

|  Loretha Ward  |  show details
Sep 30th, 2012

I would give Dr. Wiggins 5 stars, he is an excellent dentist. He pulled a tooth for me, I didn't know when he pulled it. There was no pain during or after. He has been very honest with me on whether or not a tooth should be pulled, which is very important. I would recommend him highly as the best Dr. a person could have, honest, kind, knowledgeable, proficient,capable, and caring. Thank you Dr. Wiggins, I will always call you when I need your expertise.

Sep 29th, 2012

Very professional office and assistants. Felt completely relaxed and comfortable.

|  Poor Customer Service  |  show details
Jun 28th, 2012

The office staff has poor communication. They wanted to take out the wrong teeth for my procedure. The reason they require someone stays with u and wait is so they can get money from them. I was not impressed and will never use them again and if you want to be treated like a valued patient DON'T GO HERE!

|  Was in pain and refused pain medcation. Not at all caring !!  |  show details
Mar 12th, 2012

Dr.Wiggins was very cold and would rather his patients be in pain.He must have misused his script pad,for him not to give pain med after oral surgery is unheard of!!!! Once he collected his money he didn't care !!

|  Great Surgeon, Not So Great Bedside Manner.  |  show details
Jan 22nd, 2012

Let me start off my review by saying Dr. Wiggins is an incredible surgeon. He knows exactly what he is doing and he does his job incredibly well. Now, I do believe he could use a little improvement on his bedside manner, and so could his staff. Both Dr. Wiggins and his staff seemed a little cold, uninterested and in a hurry to get things done with and run to the next patient. I wish that his staff would have been a little friendlier and warm with me to make me feel a bit more comfortable. I know he is an excellent surgeon-but when I'm getting teeth taken out of my mouth (a really sensitive and scary place for me, as I am terrified of dentists/etc.) just knowing that isn't always enough, and a little encouraging smile and warm/positive attitude would have helped me feel A LOT more at ease about the entire procedure.

Oct 13th, 2011

My son went to Dr. Wiggins. Wait time is outragous. Time spent with him was minimal and he didn't seem interested in my concerns regarding the procedure. If you don't have your paperwork filled out ahead of time, you can expect to be punished for it by sitting in the waiting room for an hour. Wish I had been told this ahead of time. They seem to overbook and it doesn't matter what time you had an appointment. Going elswhere with my daughter.

|  These are kids not dogs he is dealing with!  |  show details
Nov 26th, 2010

My child had her wisdom teeth removed. After being in Dr Wiggins office and seeing about 10 other kids run though there within just 1 1/2 to 2 hours I would say there is no way Dr. Wiggins did all the work himself. He must have run 25 - 30 kids through his office in one day. My child said he didn't care she was scared of needles. He told her he didn't have time to wait for anything because he had other people he needed to see. You would think he would care about your child by how his staff acts but they also lied on the phone by saying they would give some gas before the IV. Talking with one of the moms in the waiting room she and her child were also told that gas would be gave to her daughter before the IV. Turns out that was a big lie just to get us to use his services. If we had to do it all over again we would have gone some place else. We would have looked for a doctor that would care about how his patients felt before, during and after being treated. Sure he does know what he is doing, but it seems money is the many focus of this office as a whole. Really to tell youre the truth I was shocked by how many kids he was running through his office in one day. This is a major surgery not just a wellness check up. When we where leaving they brought down my daughter and another girl at the same time too our two waiting cars side by side. These are kids not dogs he is dealing with! How said greed is!

|  ms  |  show details
Dec 12th, 2009

HE IS A EXCELLENT SURGEON ,A LIFE SAVER I MET MANY ORAL SURGEON IN MY LIFE BUT HE IS THE EXCEPTIONAL ,VERY PROFESSIONAL ,EXPERIENCE ,OSSUM DOCTOR.THANKS FOR SAVING MY LIFE DOC.

Feb 22nd, 2008 on yahoo.com

He is a good oral surgeon but he definately is in it for the bucks. After paying my insurance copay, I still continued to get bills for more money. I am sure he collected money from my insurance company.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com