Obstetrician & Gynecologist (OB/GYN)
Video profile

Patient Reviews ? Write a Review

|  DR MCDERMOTT IS THE BEST JUST LIKE HIS FATHER  |  show details
Nov 12th, 2012

WELL DR MCDERMOTT IS WONDERFUL!! I HAVE 3 SONS ALL BIRTHDAY BY THE MCDERMOTTS AS WELL AS MYSELF AND ALL MY BROTHERS.. I AM 46 YEARS OLD MY MOTHER WENT TO HIS FATHER WHO BIRTHED ALL OF US I IN TURN STARTED AT THIS PRACTICE AT THE AGE OF 18 AND I HAD 4 PREGNANCYS AND HAVE 3 SONS.. rAYMOND MCDERMOTTS FATHER BIRTHED MY FIRST SON WITH HIM THERE AS WELL SINCE I WAS BORN BY HIS DAD HE MADE A POINT TO BE THERE FOR MY FIRST SON .. THEY ARE NOTHING BUT CLASS, PASSION, COMFORT AND SPECIAL DOCTORS THE MCDERMOTT FAMILY AS DOCTORS ARE WONDERFUL.. ALTHOUGH I DO MISS CINDY VERY MUCH IN THE OFFICE SHE WAS THE MOST WONDERFUL PERSON IN THAT OFFICE.. THANK YOU AGAIN FOR BEING MY ONE AND ONLY WONDERFUL DOCTOR..

|  Worse doctor ever  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

He said I was about to miscarry, when the baby was healthy and viable. His diagnosis is flawed and his bedside manner is terrible. He was dismissive of all my questions, and he acted like he couldn't be bothered.Went to another doctor who confirmed my pregnancy was indeed viable and healthy. Do not let this doctor near you or your baby.

|  Terrible  |  show details
Jun 6th, 2012

I went to Dr. McDermott during my second pregnancy and it ended in miscarriage by week 10. He sent me to the emergency room at Swedish where I stayed and waited for 8 hours. My follow-up was painful and he was insensitive and when I asked when I should return to work (I was still cramping and emotional, it had only been 2 days). He said there was no reason for me not to go back tomorrow. He never called me again and I ended up talking to one of the nurses for the additional follow-up. He gave me no comfort or insight about the likelihood of a 3rd miscarriage and simply stated next time you get pregnant, you might have one or you might not. I know this is accurate but it was the way he said it and hurried me along. I would never go to see him again and when I stated this the wonderful staff suggested another doctor.

|  Looking for an experienced OB/GYN you have found your Doctor  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2011

Dr McDermott delivered both my sons. One was a natural delivery, and the other a c-section. The bikini cut scar is practically unnoticeable. His care throughout my pregnancies and during delivery was excellent! He has a way of getting you over any anxiety you may be experiencing and getting you to the point of successful resolve. I always get into appointmets easily and never wait too long. He is incredibly experienced and I feel comfortable with Dr McDermott for annual check-ups, paps and other gyne issues. He is also kept abreast of new information and discoveries that could impact his patients.

|  Dr. Raymond McDermott III is an awesome Doctor  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2010

I have been a patient of Dr. Raymond McDermott since 1988. He delivered three of my children and my eldest son was delivered by his father Dr. Raymond McDermott Jr. I will remain a patient of his until his retirement. In fact, my daughter is now a patient of his as well.

|  show details
Oct 6th, 2010

I have had a very positive experience with being a patient of Dr. Mc Dermott Jr. for over 16 years. He delivered both of my girls at Prentice where I had a wonderful experience and great follow-up from Dr. Mc Dermott.

|  show details
Aug 27th, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. McDermott for 4 years now and have recommended him to my friends and coworkers. The whole staff is great and the appointments always move smoothly.

|  Dr Mac rocks!!  |  show details
Jul 12th, 2010

He has been my ob/gyn since 98 and he is one of the best doctors I've ever been too. I will keep going to him till he retires!