inactive

Raymond L Meneely Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.0
  • 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

July 20th, 2012
Beware Mothers!
My daughter had her 1st ear infection and it was a really bad one and I took her to a walk in clinic rather than Dr. Meneely bc his billing dept treated me so rude over a claim that my own ins co was telling me should have been paid. She had a lot of pain and a really bad experience with the clinic so I swallowed my pride for her sake and took her to see Dr. Meneely to recheck it.My daughter is 4 and she had a friend with her who is 5. They play puppy and cat because her friend has a dog and my daughter has cats. When we first got there Chloe wanted to leave and got pretty upset but I was able to calm her down by getting her and her friend to play puppy, etc. They were playing and meowing and barking and such and when Dr. Meneely came in she got very upset and didn't want him looking in her ear. I was shocked because she requested him but she was afraid after her experience and he didn't talk with her, warm up with her or anything! His nurse had suggested that ignore her when she was wanting to leave and so I did and he came in that was what I was doing but by this time she had started playing with her friend but when she saw him pick up the instrument to look in her ear she screamed and he left the room and said he wouldn't fight with her. He came back and then she still wouldn't let him look so he stood up in front of her and her friend and stated that he wasn't going to fight with her and that she needed to see a child psycologist because her behavior wasn't normal. I spoke with him outside and he assured me that his attitude had nothing to do with the billing issue (we ALWAYS pay our bills but thats another issue) he said no and told me she had been difficult there before. She doesn't cry when she gets shots, pin pricks, nothing so this was another shock. I was crushed!!! I took her to another doctor (Teresa White) who is awesome and she sat with my daughter and played with her and was able to get her to allow her to look in her ear. Now Dr. Meneely wrote in my daughters records that my daughter was spitting and scratching which was NOT true and that he was unable to examine her because I refused to hold her. He never asked me to!!! He also twisted my words around and I feel like he was just covering up for his actions which were by far, unprofessional! You think you know someone??? He basically bullied my 4 year old via paperwork to cover up for loosing it! I was doing what his nurse suggested. Her new doctor thinks my daughter had PTSD from the origional exam and she does NOT need to seek couciling. Beware if you take your child there that they should not roll play or act scared because they could be labeled as "Difficult!!" My child is awesome and I thank God for her new doctor!