Interventional Pain Management
Active Care Medical
919 W Jackson St
Muncie, IN 47305
765-288-3276
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  money not professional  |  show details
by Terry on Dec 5th, 2013

The staff is very unprofessional I could over hear their daily drama of their love life and personal lives as I waited to be seen. The office was old and dirty made me wonder about office equipment. When talking to insurance person I got the impression that they knew how to work the system and that to get my medication I had to come 3 times a week . Dr.Nanko seemed to be to laid back almost like this was a hobby for him that he did on the side. Just asked what meds I wanted and wrote out scripts. Made me wonder if this was just a pill factory.

|  He doesn't listyen and staff are liars  |  show details
Nov 27th, 2013

Dr Nanko does not listen at all and his staff are out right LIARS not to mention extra ordinarily unprofessional when you ring to ask a simple question you will get yelled at for no reason, if i could give zero stars i would. I typically i do not give negative reviews to this extent but this review is EXTREMELY warranted please DO NOT go to him you will regret it majorly especially if you are in pain and need meds.

|  Made Life Worth Living  |  show details
by Kerry on Nov 26th, 2013

You will NOT find a more caring, compassionate, sensitive, funny, down to earth physician than Dr. Nanko! I was treated by him for years until I moved away from the area. I first went to him with terrible chronic back pain and was on disability. He started treating me and within a year, I was able to return to working. Dr. Nanko, I appreciate you so very much and thank you for making my life worth living!

|  Lorie Radocesky  |  show details
Sep 22nd, 2012

Dr. Nanko is the next best thing to God as far as I'm concerned. I've been suffering from chronic pain for over 5 yrs.I went to 4 other states before I came here for help. Nothing. They were nothing but high class morons and all they cared about was money. Not Dr. Nanko, he's down to earth, doesn'nt act like he's better that you are and has a personality and sense of humor that automatically puts you at ease. Next week I go for neurostimulation in my spine. I am scared to death because I have never had one single surgery in my life. I trust Dr. Nanko and always will. To the person that complained about him looking like a hippie, SHAME ON YOU !!!!!!!You need to be ashamed.. he is smart enough to take care of you.Maybe you need to see a different Dr.The wait is worth it..at least I know I'm getting help from him. Better to look like a hippie and show kindness and compassion than to dress in a suit , act like he's better than you and not care one lick about you only your money. Ok now all that being said...thanks DR. Nanko for everything you have done for me.I appreciate you and I'll see you next week.

|  Professionalism  |  show details
Jul 10th, 2012

The Doctor is excellent, great attitude and will work with you. However, his office staff have some undesirable traits. They lack professionalism, I have called the office 4 times now and am still waiting on a reply from a staff member concerning a denied claim thru insurance. Now I will be required to make a 4 hour drive to go to the main office and force the billing department to speak with me in person.

|  Office was not very clean Dr not professional looking  |  show details
Apr 22nd, 2012

The office was not very clean and that botherd me. The carpets were stained and had rugs over them. Also in a bad neighborhood. If you look across the street houses have boarded up windows and old furniture on porches. Also dr wasn't dressed like a professional ...more like a hippy from the 60s. He had on jeans that have that worn dirty look. I didn't feel very comfortable being there.

|  Coffman  |  show details
Dec 31st, 2011

I adore Dr. Nanko and his staff. In fact, if it weren't for Nanko, I would still be constantly suffering from chronic pain and wondering how my quality of life was ever going to improve. As a person with Cerebral Palsy, I felt there weren't anymore options left for me to try; I was wrong. Dr. Nanko, unlike so many other ortho doctors, took the time to "fix" me so to say. He recommended the SCS, and that device changed my life. NOW, I have HOPE...something I hadn't had in twenty years. God Bless you, Nanko!

|  Great Doctor.....and knows what he is talking about!  |  show details
by P.Hartley on Mar 3rd, 2010

Dr. Nanko is a wonderful physician. He knows alot about pain medications, back problems, chronic pain, and bone problems. Dr. Nanko really takes the time to conversate with you as a patient and gives you an honest straight thought and answer. I have been a patient for almost a year now, and he has done wonders for my back, pain, and all around assessment of my problems!!!! I would reccommend Dr. Nanko immediately to anyone needing a new Dr. or just needing a referral to a Pain management center!

|  office staff not helpful  |  show details
Jan 17th, 2010

overall, I am very pleased with Dr. Nanko and the procedures he has done. My compaint, the office staff cannot complete documentation that is needed for my insurance company to approve a claim. I have spent every monday for 8 weeks requesting that they send the documentation to the insurance for a claim that the hospital has submitted. Now 9 weeks later, with the insurance company also calling on them, the documents have not been received. I have also a secondary insurance that their office has failed to Dr. Nanko's charges to also. The office staff is not doing their job. If this is happening to me, then whom else has had to fight to get the proper information submitted to insurance?

|  No Discussion, No Follow-Up  |  show details
by Kristin Larson on Nov 19th, 2009

Scheduled me for an MRI and was supposed to contact me with the results. I did not receive any information until I called the office, at which time they also informed me that they had scheduled me to see a neurologist, without consulting me or letting me know. Dr. Nanko also prescribed me medications without discussing the risks and I had to find out on my own that he had prescribed something that was likely to make my birth control fail.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Tonia Bess on Oct 15th, 2008

Dr.Nanko is the best Doctor Ive met.He cares about his patients.I recommend if you suffer back problems He's the best!