Neurological Surgeons
3533 Southern Blvd
Ste 5350
Dayton, OH 45429
937-643-9299
Locations and availability (4)

2.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore. Kudzu.
 |  October 2013 appointment  |  show details
Oct 18th, 2013

I waited 2 and 1/2 hours before I saw the doctor, then have to have a different MRI, therefore, after waiting that long still no answers or questions answered until results of this new MRI, the one I brought was not good enough, that is ok, I understand another one is needed for more detail; but the time waiting was brutal. His bed side manner was good, he was interested in accuracy and think he would take time to answer questions once the new MRI results are in. The staff says the appointment wait is because he takes his time with you answering questions ; but the wait and the difficulty for follow-up appointments is stressful; they called me with an MRI appointment and a follow-up appointment that was available the day after the MRI or the next appointment after that was a month and 16 days later. What do you do if you work and can't make it that day, or cannot take off another 2-3 hours from work on that day; you have to wait 45 more days for an appointment? Still waiting for referral to another doctor mentioned that I would need. I don't know if I can do the hurdles put out there to see this doctor no matter how good he is? After waiting over a month for the consult appointment, time is very important, especially when you have something you need to have diagnosed and treated. I think they need to re-evaluate how they schedule appointments, the 15 minute rule is not working.

|  Very Caring  |  show details
Sep 24th, 2013

I'm very happy I was sent to Dr. Poelstra. He has one of the best beside manners. is a very caring person and a very good Doctor, I would and have recommended people to go see him. He is still my physician and will be till my problem has been taken care of completely, I trust him with my life.

|  If you like to sitting and wait for hours hes you man  |  show details
Aug 22nd, 2011

When I've went in for apointments I have set there waiting any where from 1 to 3 hours. To him your time means nothing. I had an appointment today at 8:30am on (8/22/2011). I was his first appoinment, when I signed in he was standing there. they took me back to a room and said he would be right in. After waiting for 1 hour and 20 min I walked out and told them to cancil my appointment. I'll bet you they will even send me a bill for wasting his time.

|  The Best  |  show details
Jan 25th, 2011

If you are looking for someone that really cares about his patients you have found the right doctor. It has been 10 years since my surgery and I am doing great and have no major pain! Praise God for people like him!

|  show details
Nov 8th, 2010

We were sent to Dr,Poelstra after moms cancer spread to the brain. He was very helpful, took the time we needed, went over MRI's, etc, showing them to the family and explaining what could be done. This wasvery helpful and promising. Going back today.

|  A real jerk. Stay away from him!!!  |  show details
by MCombs on Oct 8th, 2007 on kudzu.com

He stated he could not help me and had no advice for further investigation. He calls himself a doctor, but doesn't help those in need as he is sworn to do. Dr. Jamal Taha immediately stated I needed surgery and helped me. Dr. Poelstra put me through agony for 12 weeks and did nothing to help me.

Read Full Review at kudzu.com