inactive

Raymond D Potterf MD Patient Reviews

November 18th, 2015
very professional

March 6th, 2015
Dr. Potterf was the best behaviour doctor there ever was. He had a great sense of humor and he was very accurate in determining what kind of illness I had. He was well educated in using the right kind medicine for me. He had a simple philosophy for medicine; what works,works.lol!! That is very true,not joking now. Excellent bedside manners,rare now a days. Great compassion for his patients no matter what background he or she came from. He was not afraid of any challenging patients.He was the best.

November 7th, 2012
Never again
I am sad to say I had a horrific experience with this doctor. I was inpatient at MSTH in San Antonio, TX, and he was the doctor who refused to read my records or talk to my outside psychiatrist or my husband, who knew my medical history and what drugs NOT to give me. I had a bad reaction to a medication while in, and spent five days telling the staff (including him) that the behaviors I was exhibiting were not me, that it had to be a medication. He released me without a prescription for the medication that I was already having a violent reaction to, and I was thrown into withdrawals 24 hours later. I refused medical care while going through them. He broke my trust and he broke my soul. I have regained my soul, but I will never be the same, due to his willful ignorance.

July 14th, 2010
Have had the misfortune of having to go to him twice
I WOULD NEVER HAVE GONE TO THIS MAN VOLUNTARILY...The only reason that I went to him was because my insurance told me that I had to use him. My first visit to see him was when I had voluntarly checked in for medication management. The man told me that I would have to stay for at least 10 days...UNLESS, I could come up with $500.00 right now. I could not believe what he was saying. I told him since it was a voluntary commitment that I was leaving immediately. He then told me that he knew a lot of judges that would write a commitment order. I believe that this is technically called extortion. Oh, and by the way he said if he had to call a judge it would be $1,000.00 to get out now. As if all this was not enough he gave me a prescription that I was allergic to and I had to be immediately hospitalized when I finally got out ten days later. I didn't have that kind of money. Yes, I reported all this to anyone who would listen but the response was always the same. "Oh, I'm sure that he was just kidding". FYI, mine was not the first complaint and I am sure that it won't be the last.

January 10th, 2009
takes new pts./ works long hours/ can doze in office:(
If you need to be monitored every month and get hospitalized often then he is for you. Does meds at visit only. Not good about communicating with pharm. Takes insurance.