Dr. Raymond Rackley Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Raymond Rackley?

Posted on September 18th, 2016

Love his positive attitude His humor and down to earth personality Wonderful with me and my husband with each visit! He's changed my life I respect this doctor and his intelligence Regarding I.C. , I know this doctor takes his job seriously , to me he is one of the best I've ever met, and I've seen hundreds of physicians! Thank you sir!

Posted on November 17th, 2015

5 stares for everything

Posted on January 3rd, 2014

After a year and a half of trying to find someone in Indiana to fix the problem I incurred with an operation on my bladder in 2012, Dr. Rackley fixed the problem. I would recommend him to anyone.

Disgusted.

Posted on October 3rd, 2012

Two years ago I was diagnosed with Urinary retention and neurogenic bladder and have had to use catheters ever since. I have passed over 60 kidney stones (in 8 years), seen 3 Urologist in my home town, a Neurologist, had every test possible, and was ecstatic to find out I was being referred to the "Number One rated Urology department in the Country" and seeing "The BEST doctor whose specialisation is Neurogenic Bladders." However, since the issues I am having are so troublesome that I lost my job and was told to apply for social security, I am on a very limited income and was almost unable to go to my appointment. Fortunately, I was able to come up with the money and made the 6 hour drive to see this "miracle man!" When I arrived, I was told by his billing department that he was not going to see me because he didnt accept my insurance although it had already been pre-approved the day before my trip. Im sure you can understand my frustration!! I was 45 minutes early for my appointment but was shoved in a small office for almost 2 hours before they admitted and fixed their own mistake. Once out of the billing department I was then told by the front desk that he was getting ready to leave and probably would not see me today. (Remember, I was EARLY) The fit I threw got me back to see him. His bedside manner was terrible. He sat with his hands together behind his head with his chair leaned back against the wall. He didnt examine me, look at my records that I brought to him, do a urinalysis (even though I told him I had a bladder infection and needed antibiotics), or even check my weight or blood pressure. It was obvious that he was ready to go home. He had an attitude and ridiculed everything that I said. He told me atleast 6 different times that I was over weight, made comments about me taking pain medication, and asked me if I were on an antidepressant because "he didnt know a woman that wasn't." When my boyfriend asked why he thought my bladder stopped working he said that "it didnt matter why" and suggested that I have the Interstim Therapy implant. He literally told me that was my only option and if I didnt get it than I could "Suck it up and shut up and cath myself for the rest of my life." But, since I live out of state and they already had trouble with my insurance, he told me I needed to "find someone smart enough in West Virginia to do the surgery" because he didnt think my insurance would approve for him to do it. I was so let down and embarassed that I cried. I got a babysitter for my two young children, spent money that I didnt have for gas, food, and a hotel room, and drove 6 hours to be insulted for 20 minutes. I will never go back to Cleveland Clinic and would never recommend him to anyone. I am over all disgusted with this whole situation that I dont even know who to contact about this. But, if youre looking for someone to be concerned and care for you and your problems like mine that are interfering with your life, and want something to actually be done about it...DONT GO TO RAYMOND RACKLEY.

Great doctor,very intelligent and quite compassionate-funny too

Posted on July 1st, 2012

DR RACKLEY really listens to me yet never hurries me. He can recall info a year later-impressive.

pelvic mesh erosion

Posted on June 30th, 2012

I have pelvic mesh erosion from mesh that was used to repair my bladder, which was prolapsed. I've had 3 surgeries with a local urologist who finally referred me to Dr. Rackley. Because of the ersion, I have chronic pain that, some days, renders me unable to walk, move, or fuction.3 tripsto the ER. I say bawling to him about how much pain I was in and he basically ignored me. He said narcotics would just bring me down and make things worse. I was hysterical the whole way home. I still haven't made up my mind about allowing him to do surgery on me.

patient, RN

Posted on May 12th, 2012

Excellent treatment for interstitial cystitis. I was referred to Cleveland Clinic to have my bladder remorved; however, Dr. Rackley's treatment was successful. I highly recommend him for IC treatment .

Not a Florida patient with a STD

Posted on September 21st, 2011

Glad to be treated by such a professional Doctor who doesn't confuse those with bladder symptoms from sexually transmitted diseases with those of us with true Interstitial Cystitis.

This Dr. is awful...Stay away!

Posted on March 11th, 2011

I traveled all the way from Florida to see Dr. Rackley hoping he could help me and find a treatment for my IC. I first met with his fellowship doctor to tell her my history which she was supposed to pass along to him...she did not pass along my history. He walked in the room and said he wasn't convinced I even had IC (until I explained to him what his fellowship doctor had not). He was extremely rude and pompous and even called himself "The King of Urology". He prescribed a medicine to 'try' and said "come back whenever you want". Then he told me my 15 minutes was up and if I had anymore questions I could ask his fellow doctor. I left his office two plane tickets and a co-pay poorer and I felt worse than when I walked in!

Posted on August 5th, 2017