Dr. Raymond Raven III MD Patient Reviews

• Orthopedic Surgery Burbank, CA

• Good
  • Bad

January 19th, 2016
Six years later post-op review
Dr. Raven performed my thumb ligament repair six years ago, I can't recall specific praises or critiques about the staff, bedside manner and the experience as a treated patient — what I do hold in high regard is his surgical expertise in repairing my thumb's strength and range of motion, functionally and pain free. I was referred to Dr. Raven by my general physician, I would return to Dr. Raven and recommend him to a friend or family member based on my experience.

November 13th, 2015
Don't waste your time or money
Though I'm sure Dr. Raven is a knowledgeable man, he spends so little time with his patients that I always left unsatisfied, confused, and disappointed after each visit. Dr. Raven seemed way more concerned with seeing as many patients as humanely possible, rather than providing them with quality service, information, and peace of mind. To the point that when I asked him questions about my broken hand, he almost seemed annoyed that I was "slowing him down". In fact, on one of my visits, he didnt even enter the room I was in, but merely looked at my broken hand from the hallway, said it was fine, and then walked away. I had three appointments with Dr. Raven, each lasting about an average of 30 seconds. I wouldn't call that personalized or especially thorough attention. Furthermore, his staff on two occasions poorly executed putting me in a cast! When I asked him to inspect the cast to make sure it was done properly, he scoffed from across the room and refused to actually look it. His staff then proceeded to laugh at me on the way out. Thankfully, I had the good sense to go to another doctor. I would suggest you do the same.

April 29th, 2015
Excellent Surgeon - Hand Specialist
Dr. Raven is very knowledgeable, easy to talk, and he explains both the situation and your options in a very straightforward manner. He performed my surgery, there were no surprises, his follow up was great, and my outcome is terrific. I do not hesitate to recommend him.

March 17th, 2015
Excellent experience with Doctor and staff

February 25th, 2015
There are simply not enough words to adequately describe the care I received from Dr. Raven. His dedication to my health and wellbeing is immeasurable! From my first encounter with Dr. Raven back in 2013 when I tripped over my dog and broke my wrist and tore the scapholunate ligament and TFCC in my left wrist, he treated me like family (as he does ALL his patients). As any person with a wrist injury can tell you, recovery can be extremely tricky and often difficult. Where other physicians may have given up, Dr. Raven was not satisfied until he exhausted every avenue to ensure my recovery was as successful as humanly possible. Dr. Raven is the most talented hand/upper extremities physician/surgeon in California and you will not find a better doctor to care for your injury or ailment. With Dr. Raven, you know you are in good hands!

December 4th, 2013
President & GM, KNBC

March 19th, 2013
Best Doctor
Dr. Raven was patient, kind, and I would recommend him to anyone! I had hurt my wrist in a car accident and was referred to Dr. Raven. He looked at my injury and took great care of my fracture wrist. He even told me to contact him if I still had pain after I had my cast removed and would work with me. I hope I don't break anything else but if I ever do, I will go straight to Dr. Raven

March 13th, 2013
Comminuted Fracture & Torn Ligaments
I suffered a comminuted (multiple breaks) fracture and two torn ligaments in my right hand from a freak fall off my bike on New Years Day, 2013. I did not immediately realize the severity of the injury yet was able to get a same-day appointment when it became obvious my hand required a diagnosis from a specialist. Dr. Raven's accurate diagnosis and conservative treatment kept me out of surgery and put me on an immediate path to healing. Thanks to his expertise and my willingness to follow his directions, I healed one month ahead of schedule and regained full strength in the injured hand within 14 weeks. The initial diagnosis was three months before physical therapy could begin. In an especially troubling moment after the diagnosis, Dr. Raven offered perspective and reassurance that was greatly needed. It made a huge difference in my outlook of the situation and catalyzed my trust in his judgement. I recommend Dr. Raven to anyone with an upper extremity injury requiring an orthopaedic specialist.

February 14th, 2013
Outstanding Surgeon.
I was referred to Dr. Raven after a bad motorcycle accident, where I shattered my right wrist. The damage was so significant that I ended up requiring two different surgeries. Another surgeon who reviewed Dr. Raven's work (he encouraged me to seek a second opinion before my second surgery) commented on how exceptionally well the repair was done. If I ever had a question or concern, Dr. Raven was just an e-mail away - usually responding within 10 minutes. Amazing. His bedside manner is positive and patient and his energy never waned, in spite of a very busy office. The same kudos to the entire staff, including Rebekka and Arman. I cannot recommend Dr. Raven enough. Outstanding Doctor and Surgeon.

August 21st, 2012
JJohn Bouton
Dr. Raven is the most amazing doctor I have had the good fortune to meet. I am a massage therapist who came to him with a forearm in 9 pieces. Within 3 months I was massaging again!

May 16th, 2012
Wonderful Surgeon! Highly recommend!
Dr. Raven repaired severed tendons in my fingers a little over a year ago. I had cut them pretty bad and with surgery he was able to reattach both of the tendons. It was an extremely long healing process but with the help of both Dr. Raven and my physical therapist, Robert Dorer, I was able to regain use of my right hand. Dr. Raven is not only amazing at what he does but he is the kindest doctor I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I had consultations with three separate surgeons in regards to my hand and Dr. Raven was without a doubt my top choice. His level of skill is incredible and he truly cares about his patients. He is also among the top orthopedic surgeons in California. He will take the time to address any questions or concerns you might have, and if you email him he will personally respond to you. I highly recommend Dr. Raven to anyone and everyone who is in need of an orthopedic surgeon. I have recommended him to three separate people--one of which required surgery. They all thought he was a wonderful doctor and thanked me for the referral. Definitely go see him if you need to, you will not be disappointed!

April 16th, 2012
I broke my hand playing softball and had an appointment with Dr. Raven the very next day and within a week had surgery. Everything went so smoothly and with very little pain. I was very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Raven. He is an excellent surgeon and is very caring. The office staff were very courteous and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Raven.