Dr. Raymond Raven III Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Raymond Raven III?

Colonoscopy

Colonoscopy

Have you seen Dr. Raymond Raven III?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

August 16th, 2017

Dr Raven is excellent

Dr Raven is an excellent surgeon!!!! I can't day enough about how amazing he is!

July 29th, 2017

Factory Mentality

Dr. Raven is for you if: 1) You would rather read brochures handed to you by a medical professional than receive actual information from one. 2) You prefer a doctor who makes you feel like you are one in a long line of patients for the day, thereby ensuring crisp, short visits with minimal verbal interaction. 3) Your preferred form of treatment is no treatment, although you will most likely receive billable x-rays, ultrasounds, etc., just to confirm this decisive plan of action. 4) You don't mind filling out new medical paperwork every time you come visit, even though they have all your information on file. 5) You don't find it morally questionable that the Physical Therapy prescription that the doctor gives you is on the actual letterhead of the only physical therapist in all of LA county he suggests you trust. To break that down, I developed a sore elbow a couple months ago from playing basketball. The pain was so severe that it would wake me up in the middle of the night and even driving was uncomfortable. Based on the location of the pain, I concluded that it was most likely golfer's elbow (similar to tennis elbow), based on what I read online. One of my basketball buddies, a spinal surgeon, suggested that I visit an orthopedist to provide a cortisone shot for the pain. I went to Dr. Raven's office and was yet again asked to fill out all new extensive medical paperwork even though nothing -- from my insurance to home address -- had changed since my multiple visits to Dr. Raven's offices for an issue I've had with my hand over the past 3 years (for which he gave me brochures and told me there's nothing to do for it). This time, Dr. Raven took x-rays of my elbow and confirmed that I had golfer's elbow and, like usual, gave me a brochure and told me there's nothing I can do for it but rest. Oh, and he said I could try physical therapy "if you really want to." I asked about a cortisone injection and he told me that he doesn't treat golfer's elbow with cortisone because it doesn't heal the injury. I said it's the pain that's troubling me but still he said no. Because I'm tired of walking out of his office with the same pain that I walk in the door with, I decided to seek a second opinion from another orthopedist this time. I'm happy to report that a very cordial and patient orthopedist diagnosed the golfer's elbow (without taking an x-ray) and gave me a cortisone shot and IT WAS LIKE GOD'S LIPS KISSED MY ELBOW. Seriously, all pain gone in 24 hours. I waited 3 weeks before posting this, just to make sure the treatment was effective, and I haven't had a single twinge since the shot. Not only that, I was back to my full activities a week later, working out, playing basketball, etc. So, if any of y'all run into Dr. Raven (I won't be going back), please tell him that a cortisone shot can be very effective for golfer's elbow, certainly in easing his patients' pain. And after 3 years of living with ropy cords in my palm from Dupuytren's Disease, which Dr. Raven has repeatedly told me was untreatable without surgery, I finally went online and learned THERE ARE TREATMENTS, including cortisone shots (haha) and most notably FDA-approved enzyme injections that soften and weaken the cords and provide relief and increased flexibility for the vast majority of patients. Why doesn't Dr. Raven know about this??? It's outrageous. And if he does know, why doesn't he share options with his patients? Not surprisingly, the enzyme treatments are NOT listed in the brochure he gave me. In conclusion, I'm happy for the people who like Dr. Raven, I'm sure he's a good surgeon when he applies himself, but you can do way better. I can't WAIT for a second opinion now on my Dupuytren's Disease.

January 19th, 2016

Six years later post-op review

Dr. Raven performed my thumb ligament repair six years ago, I can't recall specific praises or critiques about the staff, bedside manner and the experience as a treated patient — what I do hold in high regard is his surgical expertise in repairing my thumb's strength and range of motion, functionally and pain free. I was referred to Dr. Raven by my general physician, I would return to Dr. Raven and recommend him to a friend or family member based on my experience.

November 13th, 2015

Don't waste your time or money

Though I'm sure Dr. Raven is a knowledgeable man, he spends so little time with his patients that I always left unsatisfied, confused, and disappointed after each visit. Dr. Raven seemed way more concerned with seeing as many patients as humanely possible, rather than providing them with quality service, information, and peace of mind. To the point that when I asked him questions about my broken hand, he almost seemed annoyed that I was "slowing him down". In fact, on one of my visits, he didnt even enter the room I was in, but merely looked at my broken hand from the hallway, said it was fine, and then walked away. I had three appointments with Dr. Raven, each lasting about an average of 30 seconds. I wouldn't call that personalized or especially thorough attention. Furthermore, his staff on two occasions poorly executed putting me in a cast! When I asked him to inspect the cast to make sure it was done properly, he scoffed from across the room and refused to actually look it. His staff then proceeded to laugh at me on the way out. Thankfully, I had the good sense to go to another doctor. I would suggest you do the same.

April 29th, 2015

Excellent Surgeon - Hand Specialist

Dr. Raven is very knowledgeable, easy to talk, and he explains both the situation and your options in a very straightforward manner. He performed my surgery, there were no surprises, his follow up was great, and my outcome is terrific. I do not hesitate to recommend him.

March 17th, 2015

Excellent experience with Doctor and staff

February 25th, 2015

There are simply not enough words to adequately describe the care I received from Dr. Raven. His dedication to my health and wellbeing is immeasurable! From my first encounter with Dr. Raven back in 2013 when I tripped over my dog and broke my wrist and tore the scapholunate ligament and TFCC in my left wrist, he treated me like family (as he does ALL his patients). As any person with a wrist injury can tell you, recovery can be extremely tricky and often difficult. Where other physicians may have given up, Dr. Raven was not satisfied until he exhausted every avenue to ensure my recovery was as successful as humanly possible. Dr. Raven is the most talented hand/upper extremities physician/surgeon in California and you will not find a better doctor to care for your injury or ailment. With Dr. Raven, you know you are in good hands!

December 4th, 2013

President & GM, KNBC

March 19th, 2013

Best Doctor

Dr. Raven was patient, kind, and I would recommend him to anyone! I had hurt my wrist in a car accident and was referred to Dr. Raven. He looked at my injury and took great care of my fracture wrist. He even told me to contact him if I still had pain after I had my cast removed and would work with me. I hope I don't break anything else but if I ever do, I will go straight to Dr. Raven

March 13th, 2013

Comminuted Fracture & Torn Ligaments

I suffered a comminuted (multiple breaks) fracture and two torn ligaments in my right hand from a freak fall off my bike on New Years Day, 2013. I did not immediately realize the severity of the injury yet was able to get a same-day appointment when it became obvious my hand required a diagnosis from a specialist. Dr. Raven's accurate diagnosis and conservative treatment kept me out of surgery and put me on an immediate path to healing. Thanks to his expertise and my willingness to follow his directions, I healed one month ahead of schedule and regained full strength in the injured hand within 14 weeks. The initial diagnosis was three months before physical therapy could begin. In an especially troubling moment after the diagnosis, Dr. Raven offered perspective and reassurance that was greatly needed. It made a huge difference in my outlook of the situation and catalyzed my trust in his judgement. I recommend Dr. Raven to anyone with an upper extremity injury requiring an orthopaedic specialist.

February 14th, 2013

Outstanding Surgeon.

I was referred to Dr. Raven after a bad motorcycle accident, where I shattered my right wrist. The damage was so significant that I ended up requiring two different surgeries. Another surgeon who reviewed Dr. Raven's work (he encouraged me to seek a second opinion before my second surgery) commented on how exceptionally well the repair was done. If I ever had a question or concern, Dr. Raven was just an e-mail away - usually responding within 10 minutes. Amazing. His bedside manner is positive and patient and his energy never waned, in spite of a very busy office. The same kudos to the entire staff, including Rebekka and Arman. I cannot recommend Dr. Raven enough. Outstanding Doctor and Surgeon.

August 21st, 2012

JJohn Bouton

Dr. Raven is the most amazing doctor I have had the good fortune to meet. I am a massage therapist who came to him with a forearm in 9 pieces. Within 3 months I was massaging again!