Raymond B Raven III, MD
2625 W Alameda Ave
Ste 116
Burbank, CA 91505
818-841-3936
Locations and availability (1)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  raven is awesome  |  show details
by jon m on Nov 23rd, 2013

Dr. Raven is the tops. I'm 59 still play baseball (not softball) shattered arm sliding. He operated, fixed it. I was back playing 4 months later, singled first at bat, hitting as good as ever, He was always available by phone or email, got back to me quicker than my kids do (then again,anything is faster than them) but always within a few hours. Whole office was totally professional and if you want to get back in action fast, go to Dr. Raven Jon M

|  Best Doctor  |  show details
Mar 19th, 2013

Dr. Raven was patient, kind, and I would recommend him to anyone! I had hurt my wrist in a car accident and was referred to Dr. Raven. He looked at my injury and took great care of my fracture wrist. He even told me to contact him if I still had pain after I had my cast removed and would work with me. I hope I don't break anything else but if I ever do, I will go straight to Dr. Raven

|  Comminuted Fracture & Torn Ligaments  |  show details
by Jesse E. on Mar 13th, 2013

I suffered a comminuted (multiple breaks) fracture and two torn ligaments in my right hand from a freak fall off my bike on New Years Day, 2013. I did not immediately realize the severity of the injury yet was able to get a same-day appointment when it became obvious my hand required a diagnosis from a specialist. Dr. Raven's accurate diagnosis and conservative treatment kept me out of surgery and put me on an immediate path to healing. Thanks to his expertise and my willingness to follow his directions, I healed one month ahead of schedule and regained full strength in the injured hand within 14 weeks. The initial diagnosis was three months before physical therapy could begin. In an especially troubling moment after the diagnosis, Dr. Raven offered perspective and reassurance that was greatly needed. It made a huge difference in my outlook of the situation and catalyzed my trust in his judgement. I recommend Dr. Raven to anyone with an upper extremity injury requiring an orthopaedic specialist.

|  Outstanding Surgeon.  |  show details
by Mike D. on Feb 13th, 2013

I was referred to Dr. Raven after a bad motorcycle accident, where I shattered my right wrist. The damage was so significant that I ended up requiring two different surgeries. Another surgeon who reviewed Dr. Raven's work (he encouraged me to seek a second opinion before my second surgery) commented on how exceptionally well the repair was done. If I ever had a question or concern, Dr. Raven was just an e-mail away - usually responding within 10 minutes. Amazing. His bedside manner is positive and patient and his energy never waned, in spite of a very busy office. The same kudos to the entire staff, including Rebekka and Arman. I cannot recommend Dr. Raven enough. Outstanding Doctor and Surgeon.

|  JJohn Bouton  |  show details
Aug 21st, 2012

Dr. Raven is the most amazing doctor I have had the good fortune to meet. I am a massage therapist who came to him with a forearm in 9 pieces. Within 3 months I was massaging again!

|  Wonderful Surgeon! Highly recommend!  |  show details
May 16th, 2012

Dr. Raven repaired severed tendons in my fingers a little over a year ago. I had cut them pretty bad and with surgery he was able to reattach both of the tendons. It was an extremely long healing process but with the help of both Dr. Raven and my physical therapist, Robert Dorer, I was able to regain use of my right hand. Dr. Raven is not only amazing at what he does but he is the kindest doctor I have ever had the pleasure of working with. I had consultations with three separate surgeons in regards to my hand and Dr. Raven was without a doubt my top choice. His level of skill is incredible and he truly cares about his patients. He is also among the top orthopedic surgeons in California. He will take the time to address any questions or concerns you might have, and if you email him he will personally respond to you. I highly recommend Dr. Raven to anyone and everyone who is in need of an orthopedic surgeon. I have recommended him to three separate people--one of which required surgery. They all thought he was a wonderful doctor and thanked me for the referral. Definitely go see him if you need to, you will not be disappointed!

Apr 16th, 2012

I broke my hand playing softball and had an appointment with Dr. Raven the very next day and within a week had surgery. Everything went so smoothly and with very little pain. I was very fortunate to have been referred to Dr. Raven. He is an excellent surgeon and is very caring. The office staff were very courteous and professional. I highly recommend Dr. Raven.

Feb 28th, 2012

Dr. Raven performed my basal reconstruction and carpal tunnel surgery. He did a great job of telling me what to expect and the surgery went off without a hitch. When I had problems with the pain medication and nausea, he worked me into the schedule the next day and took care of the issues. He continued to show concern throughout subsequent follow up visits.

Feb 28th, 2012

Dr.Raven was thorough in his exam, test referrals and accurate in diagnosing my carpel tunnel problems. Surgery completely took away all CP symptoms. He referred me for therapy for exercises and to help reduce swelling. I also have thumb joint arthritis and was given more therapy,a soft splint and hard splint to wear while sleeping. All have been beneficial in reducing pain and discomfort.

|  I felt I was a number not a patient  |  show details
Dec 9th, 2011

Dr. Raven is a competent Dr. Yet he needs to take his time to communicate w his patients explaining their condition, the optional treatment and the long run prognosis. He needs to impower the patients w knowledge to achieve a faster and total recovery. He needs to show his compassion and care.

Jun 27th, 2011

Being a physical therapist who uses his hands extensively for work as well as for play, (snowboarding, mtn bikeing kitesurfing) badly breaking two major bones in my wrist really limited my life. I met Dr. Raven and found him to be courteous, caring, professional and a really great surgeon. Within a few months my hand therapist commented on how much more motion I had vs other patients. Yes there was a lot of work on my part but it started with Dr. Raven. I was working normally by 2-3 months and mtn biking and kiting by 5 months. A tough chapter in my life made better by a great surgeon.

|  Recommended by a friend  |  show details
May 1st, 2011

Dr. Raven was really down to earth. He had an excellent bedside manner and explained my problem in great detail. I was told that I needed surgery for my problem, but Dr. Raven recommended that I try therapy with a certified hand therapist. My pain improved after 3 weeks and my strength returned after 6 weeks. I never had the surgery the other doctor recommended I have. i am soooo glad I listened to my friend. I recommend Dr. raven to every one.

Mar 23rd, 2009

It's a very good doctor according to my experience. But, on the other hand, it's sad that him -like 90% of the doctors in USA- care more about their time and money, than about the patient needs or well being.

|  Great doctor  |  show details