Dr. Raymond Roffi MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

August 16th, 2015
Dr. Roffi has a nasty personality and I'm sure his face would crack and fall off If he smiled

June 23rd, 2015
I just finished surgery using Dr Roffi I highly recommend him and his staff. HE IS AN EXCELLENT SURGEOUN. He is to the point and answered every question I asked. I would absolutely use him again if need be.

January 5th, 2015
I had both shoulders and kee meninus surgery
HE IS THE BEST DOCTOR EVER!! HE IS VERY CARING, KIND, CONSIDERATE AND MOST OF ALL LISTENS TO YOU! HE IS VERY ACCURATE ON TELLING YOU WHAT YOUR PROBLEM IS AND EXCELLENT WITH DOING SURGERYS! I WOULD NOT GO TO ANYONE ELSE!!!!

December 14th, 2014
best staff, best doctor, always helps, does a great job

April 24th, 2014
Can I please be seen?
I had a follow up appointment for 4:00 on a Thursday before Easter. They called me the afternoon before to see if I could reschedule earlier so that Dr. Roffi could leave early. I had no problem with this and gladly rescheduled my appointment a week later at 4:00. I work and do not have a job where I can just leave early. They call me again (this time on the day of my appointment) to ask me to reschedule to an earlier time. This time they tell me it is because the schedule is all over the place and his last appointment is at 2. I tell them I can't because I am working and unable to just pick up and leave. I was then told that he did not want to wait to 4 for his next appointment. Are you kidding me?! I am not going to reschedule to see a doctor who doesn't feel it's important to see his patients.

April 6th, 2014
not sure of him/just want to operate...
several years ago I saw Dr. Roffi, he immediately want to operate & do a knee replacement, Nothing else was suggested. x-rays showed a torn meniscus & arthritics .... he never address the torn meniscus. Just said the only cure was to get a knee replacement. After reading other reviews I wonder of his ability to take t he whole matter into considerations - surgery is not the only way to go. he seemed to eager to operate. I am glad I did not at that time.

March 14th, 2014
Elbow and Hand numbness
REAL quiet, gentle, GOOD MD! Dr. asked me questions, examination of my elbow with xrays show no bone issues, so I got a injection. I do not like needles, and I wouldn't call it pleasant, but one little stick and I left with some immediate relief...no cure mind you, but some good Physical Therapy and work ergonomic adjustments later...I am out of pain and can work with out pain. Thank you Dr. Roffi. The Staff makes up for the Doctors quiet personality. Recommend this MD to anyone having any joint pain.

March 10th, 2014
Misdiagnosis Almost Lead to Unnecessary Surgery!!
I had seen Dr. Roffi after I fell snow skiing and had terrible pain on the inside of my left knee. He ordered an MRI and I went back to see him after he received the MRI results. The radiologist diagnosed me with a grade III tear to my left knee MCL (medial collateral ligament). My pain was very localized directly over the MCL. Dr. Roffi quickly looked at the MRI results and said, "You have a torn ACL. The radiologist missed it. You need surgery to replace your ACL with that of a cadaver. It will necessitate removing your torn ACL and attaching a cadaver ACL by using screws to attach it to your femur and tibia". He then told me to make an appointment for surgery at the front desk on my way out, which I did. The surgery was scheduled for 3 weeks out. I came home with a copy of my MRI pics and loaded the images onto my computer. I then started to research symptoms and photos of torn ACLs and torn MCLs and compared the photos online to my MRI photos. I could clearly see a torn ACL in the online photos, but not in my MRI pics. Also I could clearly see a torn MCL in the online photos AND could see just as clearly the same tear in my MCL in my MRI images. Also, my pain was not behind my knee cap, as it would be with a tear to the ACL, but was to the inside of my knee cap which is consistent with an MCL tear. I'm no Radiologist or Orthopedic Doctor, but I was pretty sure I did NOT have a torn ACL! I invited a GP Doctor neighbor over to look at my MRI images, and he agreed that the tear was to my left MCL and not the ACL. I made an appointment with a different Orthopedic Surgeon for a second opinion. I took my MRI images with me and he took a close look at the pictures and examined my left leg. Before telling him of Dr. Roffi's diagnosis, I asked him what he thought. He said that by looking at the MRI images alone, and by the location of my pain, it was an obvious tear to my left MCL. He said the radiologist's report just confirmed it. He also said that the MCL will heal on its own with physical therapy and a knee brace and that surgery is not necessary! He added that my ACL was fine. He ordered a special bendable knee brace for me as well as physical therapy 3 times a week for 3 to 4 weeks. He told me to take anti-inflammatories daily and to use ice and/or heat on the affected area. It has been 2 years and my knee is as good as new! To think I almost trusted Dr. Roffi to do major surgery to my knee unnecessarily makes me SICK!! His license should be revoked for life and he should not be practicing! Patients Beware!

March 31st, 2013
Keep you in the dark
My vet showed me my dogs ultra-sound. Roffi didn't show me what he did to/for my shoulder. I will never know. He doesn't explain anything. I went in for stitches removal. The nurse, handled a lot of things, door knobs, etc and wasn't going to wash her hands!!! ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!!! I HAD TO ASK HER TO WASH HER HANDS!! THEY ARE NOT FRIENDLY. I HAD MY SHOULDER DONE AND MY HUSBAND HAD HIS HIP REPLACED. HE IS A GOOD SURGEON, BUT JUST NOT A PEOPLE PERSON! HE ALSO MADE MY HUSBANDS ONE LEG LONGER NOW AND ALL HIS SHOES HAVE TO BE MADE WITH AN OUTSIDE ATTACHMENT SO HE CAN WALK WITH NO PAIN.

September 19th, 2012
Great Dr.
Never wait long in waiting room. Fran and the staff are great. Dr. doesn't talk too much (if at all) but gets you in and out of there. Good surgeon!!!

July 10th, 2012
Dr. Roffi has done surgery to repair my broken ankle & is currently injecting my knee because of arthritis.

June 19th, 2012
Shady Business
Something shady is happening in that office with his medical assistant. I am unaware if he knows this about her and when you try to speak with an Office Manager to report her suspicious behavior, there is not one there. She is located in Texas and does not return calls. This is not a legit way to run a business.