Dr. Raymond Shea Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Raymond Shea?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

September 25th, 2016

THANK GOD FOR DR. SHEA

Words cannot express how much admiration and appreciation I have for Dr. Shea. His patience to explain tests, X-rays, and diagnosis to me was wonderful. His personable treatment toward a patient is seen throughout his office. I was born with hip dysplasia. My parents found one doctor willing to do surgery on me (Dr Morgan Colbert) forty six years ago. Many orthopedic doctors didn't have hope for me walking. Since Dr. Colberts passing, I prayed for a doctor so knowledgable with experience and a caring heart. I had a TERRIBLE experience with one local doctor. I'm so glad my in laws recommended Dr. Shea to me. I would DEFINETLY recommend Dr. Shea. FYI HE TRAVELS WITH THE UNIVERSITY OF LOUISVILLE FOOTBALL TEAM. Go Cards 😉

September 10th, 2012

takes his time we the patient to get to know you

great doctor, tells it like it is. just what you need to know in your busy life. i should have went to him first. i know next time. thank you doctor for your help.

December 6th, 2011

RUDE STAFF, GREAT DOCTOR

the staff of Dr Shea needs manners and needs to know how to care and talk to patients instead of acting like they are the DOCTOR.....THEY ARE SO RUDE AND HAVE A COLD HEART!

July 21st, 2011

Although I recommended Dr. Shea to 5 or 6 other people (who are actually now patients of his), I will no longer refer anyone else to him nor will I be back. I was a patient for over 6 years and very recently made to feel like I had done something wrong or a drug addict. Dr.Shea and his staff are unpredictable as to whether or not you're going to have a pleasant visit or a horrible one but, I have looked over that for years. Dr. Shea has taken the time to show me my MRI results and explaining the problems I have in past visits. When physical therapy failed to help the pain, the only alternative is pain meds (according to the doc). I have asked for injections or other options and was told that they would not work for me. Therefore, I would visit his office on a routine basis basically to get the refill to my medication. At the end of each visit, the receptionist would schedule the next appointment based on his availability (according to the scheduler in the system??). Having said that, although I am a long-time paitient, I was recently 'referred' to pain management because my appointment (which was scheduled by his office personnel) was less than 30 days from my last refill. I'm sorry, I was under the impression he was the doctor and reviews the file at the time of the visit. I wasn't aware that I needed to pay attention to the exact # of days, and bring it to his attention or his office personnel if it was less than 30 days. This practice has been the same for the last 6 years. There are times when my next appointment is greater than 30 days from my last refill but I was expected to 'stretch my meds' or do without. I am not sure what happened at this last visit. The doctor was quiter personable, wrote the scripts and when I got to the check-out counter, the receptionist checked my file to say that it was less than 30 days since my last refill and she was going to have to ask him about it. Im thinking he is already aware of this because wouldn't he be looking in my file at the time of my visit. When she returned, my refill script was pulled and I am now referred to a pain management doctor. That quick...poof...6 years and Im out the door. Im not sure how long it will take to see the pm doc or how helpful but, most of all, I was very, very hurt by what happened. Dr. Shea wouldn't even talk to me afterward. I asked him for a second and was told NO. His only phrase was "you no the rules". I have no idea what rules he was referring to but, I feel like I was penalized (the patient) for something they made a mistake about. Now I will be without my meds for over 34 days. I guess I'll cope. I really liked Dr. Shea, this incident really hurt. I am not a drug addict nor did I do anything wrong and was made to feel as such. If something changed in their expectations of me, I would have gladly followed but, nothing was ever communicated to me. Good luck to all. Now I am worried that this same treatment will come to those I have referred to him and are now current patients of his.

November 4th, 2010

Relief

Dr Shea was very fast. However, he was straight to the point and did not beat around the bush. I work in health care and at first when you walk in it seems very hectic, however it was the most efficient doctors office I have ever been in. The staff and nurses were very nice even in such a busy environment. Dr Shea listened to my concerns and is helping me with a plan to fix my hip. I have been seeing the same doctor for 6 years and in 1 visit with him I felt like i had been seeing him the entire time. I was very satisfied and relieved to have found a doctor that was so compassionate and even with that many patients and did not rush. I am very pleased and look forward to seeing him again and would recommend him to anyone with orthopedic problems, he has been in practice for a very long time and really knows what he's talking about.

March 4th, 2010

Office Staff very RUDE

AFTER VISITING THIS OFFICE ON SEVERAL DIFFERENT APPOINTMENTS I FOUND THE STAFF TO BE EXTREMELY RUDE AND UNCARING! SEVERAL LADIES IN THE FRONT ROOM THAT WERE SUPPOSE TO BE WAITING ON PATIENTS AND MAKING APPOINTMENTS WERE VERY RUDE AND HATEFUL. THEY SPOKE IN A RUDE TONE AND I SAW SEVERAL OLDER LADIES LEAVE IN TEARS. I WAS SUPPOSE TO HAVE ANOTHER APPOINTMENT WITH DR SHEA BUT NEVER FOLLOWED THROUGH BECAUSE OF THE STAFF THEY HAVE IN THE FRONT ROOM. I REFUSE TO BE TREATED LIKE THAT AND EVERYONE THAT WAS IN THERE WAS IN SOME TYPE OR RANGE OF PAIN. I HAVE NEVER BEEN TO A DOCTORS OFFICE WERE THE DOCTOR WAS SO UNAWARE OF HIS STAFF.

March 30th, 2009

Best doctor EVER

June 16th, 2008

Don't bother asking any questions.

While I had heard Dr. Shea was one of the best orthopaedic doctors in Louisville, I was very dissappointed. On both visits, I had to wait over an hour to be placed in a room. Once I was, I had to wait another 30 minutes for Dr. Shea's five minute prognosis. He was interrupted on several occasions and was not able to give me a straight answer for any of my questions. Luckily I was referred to another Doctor after my second visit. Otherwise I would have asked for a second opinion. While he is very charming, he assumes the patient understands the condition and does not take the time to explain anything. I left feeling scared, hopeless and extremely irritated. The staff is equally busy and does not take the time to answer any questions or offer any additional services. I called at 4:15 pm crying in extreme pain and was told that the Doctors had left for the evening and I would just have to go to the emergency room. After spending four hours in the emergency room, I contacted the office the next morning to request and earlier appointment or more effective medication. I was told that Dr. Shea recommend I double the dosage of my medication. After I explained to the receptionist that I had tripled my dosage she told me there was nothing they could do and that I would have to wait until my scheduled appointment. I would not recommend this particular Doctor or practice to anyone as I heard similar complaints from patients seeing other Doctors as well.

April 9th, 2008